Moz/Smiths Cover Versions

E

ExplosiveKegs

What is everyone favourite cover versions of Morrissey / Smiths songs? Having just listened to some - I do like Muse but God, their version of Please, Please, PLease is appalling... sounds like Bryan May on acid. I was pleasantly surprised with The Psychedlic Furs cover of How Soon Is Now - it is actually one of the best I've heard.And Coldplay attempting 'Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before', do us a favour Chris Martin and retire.

Let's ask Madonna, Robert Smith and Tori Amos to do one! (Not without malice)

The Thrills 'Last Night I Dreamt..' ----- is very nice
The Ukrainians 'Batyar'(Bigmouth) ------ is, erm, interesting
The Smiths Indeed 'Shoplifters' ---- is quite good
Tatu 'how soon is now' ----- is not bad at all

The worst?
Coldplay doing 'Stop Me' definitely

Have to say I think Placebo's version of 'Bigmouth' pretty good, and The Divine Comedy's cover of 'There is a Light...' is worth a listen

Travis done a cover of 'Everyday is Like Sunday' at the Isle of Wight last year, but to be fair it was quite forgetable

> Travis done a cover of 'Everyday is Like Sunday' at the Isle of Wight last
> year, but to be fair it was quite forgetable
I like Frank & Walters - Cemetery Gates

You just haven't earned it yet, baby

By Kirsty MacColl.
Splendid.

The Goat

Colin Meloy's "... Sings Morrissey" EP contains probably the best - certainly my favourite - Moz covers. Especially his interpretation of "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty".

> Colin Meloy's "... Sings Morrissey" EP contains probably the
> best - certainly my favourite - Moz covers. Especially his interpretation
> of "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty".
Since I originally posted this I just heard the worst cover ever and proof if ever needed that perhaps some bands should be taken out and shot.. a lesson this lot should have learned before attempting a classic song by a classy artist - My Chemical Romance's version of Jack the Ripper - there are not enough expletives the world over to describe how bad this is.

Back
Top Bottom