Moz pulls out of Isle of Wight - news from official site with link provided.........................

B

Belligerent Ghoul

http://www.morrisseymusic.com/newsitem.asp?id=118

Important Isle of Wight Announcement

May 27, 2005 Morrissey will regrettably not be appearing at the Isle Of Wight Festival on the 11th of June as scheduled. The pressure of preparing the new album and losing his drummer earlier this month has made it impossible to do the gig without massively compromising both the gig and the album. Apologies to all the fans, the organisers and the people of the Isle Of Wight.

Re: Bad news for some, oh but such good news for many!!

> http://www.morrisseymusic.com/newsitem.asp?id=118 Important Isle of
> Wight Announcement

> May 27, 2005 Morrissey will regrettably not be appearing at the Isle Of
> Wight Festival on the 11th of June as scheduled. The pressure of preparing
> the new album ...

New Album!! Yeah!!

Re: Moz pulls out of Isle of Wight - news from official site with link provided.....................

> Wight Announcement

> the new album and losing his drummer earlier this month has made it
> impossible to do the gig without massively compromising both the gig and
> the album. Apologies to all the fans, the organisers and the people of the
> Isle Of Wight.

well, not a massive surprise...but i was looking forward to it in case there were new songs played.

Re: Moz pulls out of Isle of Wight - news from official site with link provided.....................

Sorry have I missed something here....what's this about Morrissey losing his drummer.
Please can someone enlighten me....many thanks....

> Sorry have I missed something here....what's this about Morrissey losing
> his drummer.
> Please can someone enlighten me....many thanks....

Deano is on tour with Good Charlotte.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=05/05/12/1444225

> Deano is on tour with Good Charlotte.

> http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=05/05/12/1444225

OK, thanks for that.

Typical Morrissey. Not like it wasn't predicted.

This is why I don't make travel plans for Morrissey. Some people are really screwed today.

Bring Spencer back!

I never took much a liking to Butterworth, so whatever. He was a pretty average drummer.

> Wight Announcement

> Isle Of Wight.

> The pressure of preparing
> Isle Of Wight.

I can understand the pressure of a new album being a factor, but what's so hard about finding a drummer for one performance? He replaced Alain Whyte pretty quick. Drummer should be easier.

Re: Typical Morrissey. Not like it wasn't predicted.

wasn't dean's gig with good charlotte just a short-term thing?

Re: Typical Morrissey. Not like it wasn't predicted.

> wasn't dean's gig with good charlotte just a short-term thing?

That's what I thought too. It was looking like all the band were just doing different things on the side for a bit. In Dean's case, I guess not.

> I can understand the pressure of a new album being a factor, but what's so
> hard about finding a drummer for one performance? He replaced Alain Whyte
> pretty quick. Drummer should be easier.

Exactly. So based on the evidence do you really think he wanted to play this gig?

> Exactly. So based on the evidence do you really think he wanted to play
> this gig?

So why did he pretend he was?

I wonder how much of a back hander the money grabbing get got for that then?

Remember the "Big Deal" Announcement on that MM "Official" board of his?

STINKS!

I just think Morrissey got lazy...that is exactly correct, a drummer is relatively very easy to replace compared to a guitarist. But Morrissey always does this, I am always surprised when he shows to a gig without incident. Yeah, Morrissey, we love him, but he is a lazy son of a bitch, that's just his personality. Even while "pressured with working on the new album" he seems to find time to make it to all these gigs he is going to. (Tiger Army, etc...)
Luckily Im not English and I didnt spend the money. Looking forward to the supposed next album, hopefully it isn't as crap as the last one.

> Exactly. So based on the evidence do you really think he wanted to play
> this gig?

He probably felt happy to be asked and it probably seemed like a good idea way back when it was first offered, but no I don't think he wants to play it. It's a blow off.

> I just think Morrissey got lazy...that is exactly correct, a drummer is
> relatively very easy to replace compared to a guitarist. But Morrissey
> always does this, I am always surprised when he shows to a gig without
> incident. Yeah, Morrissey, we love him, but he is a lazy son of a bitch,
> that's just his personality. Even while "pressured with working on
> the new album" he seems to find time to make it to all these gigs he
> is going to. (Tiger Army, etc...)

In fairness to Morrissey I believe him that he's focused on an album, although he's probably using it as an excuse more than it really is. Wasn't there a report that the keyboardist was at his house the other night? They were probably working on the album. My understanding was Morrissey doesn't socialize with the band much.

It's important that he keeps the "You Are The Quarry" momentum going. Because on any day people might "wake up, yawn and kill you." So the pressure IS real, ya know? Even if he could manage the show if he really wanted to.

I wouldn't say it's laziness. A bit of selfishness. He's not one to do anything he doesn't feel like. He knows he can get away with it.

> Luckily Im not English and I didnt spend the money. Looking forward to the
> supposed next album, hopefully it isn't as crap as the last one.

There are people who made plans to cross the ocean for the show.

Belligerent Ghoul, why do you also post as Daniel Q?

Ghoul, if you want to post a lot, just post a lot under one name. I'm really curious why you do this. And why do you use 3 different registered names (Belligerent Ghoul, Daniel Q, and Chico, the last being the rudest of your characters) in the chatroom? You have used them all there in the past two hours, in fact.

Are you unwell?

> Wight Announcement

> Isle Of Wight.
what an absolute aresehole, I have spent £400 on tickets, ferries, hotels etc and now the lazy tosser cant be arsed to appear. Wightlink wont refund me and I dont relish 3 days on the IOW with just Roxy Music to watch, drummers are ten a penny and could he really not take a couple of days off from his oh-so busy album schedule? I am INCREDIBLY angry!

my shit just hit the wall with lafter, it floo out, i lurve you lol SUCKER

> Wight Announcement

> Isle Of Wight.

Ahhhh Mozzer and cancelled gigs.Its almost like an initiation ceremony into the world of his Mozness.

Iy you have not been let down by Morrissey on at least half a dozen occassions,blown countless sheckles on flights and hotels,used your entire holiday allotment on gigs that have never happened,then you're probably not a hardened Moz fan.

I don't mean to be glib about it, and like everyone else I'll scan the countless posts condemning Morrissey and saying they will never buy another Moz record again, but the only surprising thing about this Moz cancellation is that people are surprised.

He ranks alongside Mark E Smith as the worst felons for gig cancellation and there is no occassion more ripe for pulling the plug in Mozzer's eyes than the Festivals he hates so much.

At least he's come up with a different,if still insulting,excuse this time.

Re: Belligerent Ghoul, why do you also post as Daniel Q?

> Ghoul, if you want to post a lot, just post a lot under one name. I'm
> really curious why you do this. And why do you use 3 different registered
> names (Belligerent Ghoul, Daniel Q, and Chico, the last being the rudest
> of your characters) in the chatroom? You have used them all there in the
> past two hours, in fact.

> Are you unwell?
Ghoulfan, I can assure you that BG is NOT Daniel Q! I have known Daniel Q for YEARS now, so cross him off your list. I don't think Chico is either. Why does this matter so much to you?

Back
Top Bottom