Moz Pronunciation

ringrosso

Throbbing Member
I've been listening to a lot of interviews lately and it has been bugging me the way Moz says 'any', pronouncing it 'annie'. It seems to be more marked in later interviews but interestingly he doesn't always stick to the 'annie' version occasionally slipping into 'eny'.

Just an observation...:confused:

I've been listening to a lot of interviews lately and it has been bugging me the way Moz says 'any', pronouncing it 'annie'. It seems to be more marked in later interviews but interestingly he doesn't always stick to the 'annie' version occasionally slipping into 'eny'.

His accent throws me sometimes - mancunian but than he gets a bit of an Irish inflection creeping in every now and again. It's nice though.

Oh me and my boyfriend always discuss this.

He does say "Annie" we're like who the f*** is this "Annie" who's banging on about!?

I've always wondered the same thing

And he never used to say annie on early interview, it seems like it's been creeping in the past few years.

He does say "Annie" we're like who the f*** is this "Annie" who's banging on about!?

And he never used to say annie on early interview, it seems like it's been creeping in the past few years.

Really? I thought he'd always said it like that. In the 1984 Earsay interview (it's on Youtube in several parts), he says it "Annie" quite noticeably.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k79frpuZs1M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k79frpuZs1M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I could've gone It's a Hard Knock Life, but I went Dumb Dog assuming that's who was interviewing him at the time. :p

Of all the words I've ever heard him say, "any" is by far my favorite. Seriously. There's something about the way he says it that I just love.

Really? I thought he'd always said it like that. In the 1984 Earsay interview (it's on Youtube in several parts), he says it "Annie" quite noticeably.

I've noticed that Morrissey's pronunciation of "news" is not typically English. He sings "nooz" as opposed to "nyooz".

You're all using way too much of this...
prodlg_00520015.jpg

I'm smitten with his pronunciation of "love" and "bus".

My favorite is 'but,' though 'love' is a good one too. And who could forget 'cuddly'? "Coodly.." lol :love:

Surely he's not a "plastic Paddy" if both his parents are Irish?
Plastic infers that he tries or assumes to be irish!

If you're born in England, you're English. I hate all this, "I'm half Irish, quarter Scottish, one eighth Uzbekistani and one eighth Ngorongoro". Where you were born is your nationality. Americans in particular, I find, are terrible for this.

And before you go back and check, yes, the fractions do add up.

Back
Top Bottom