Moz on Russell Brand - Review

http://www.morrissey-matters.com/chatregi.htm

Welcome to Morrissey-Matters.com

NEWS JUST IN...

Morrissey on Russell Brand

Russell Brand was a 3 segment show with the first 2 segments devoted to Courtney Love, A well matched pair just about sums it up, painfully set up "jokes" aplenty and guess what??? refs to Russell's heroin hell - who'd have predicted that!!!! OK so moving on to Moz on Segment 3...

"I just want to see the boy happy" was sung competently with slight lyric changes by a clapping Moz, but he obviously hadn't relaxed, if you remember him performing Boyracer on Jools Holland way back then you know what I'm saying, the vocal chords hadn't relaxed, then at the end of the performance Russell went to hug him and Moz visibly recoiled, "Don't recoil" said Russell but the relationship had been defined, Moz forced a show of affection but would rather have been anywhere else.

I'm glad that Moz showed obvious disdain for Russell because anything less would have indicated a character flaw.

Cheers,

Reggie
As reported first on www.morrissey-matters.com

Morrissey didn't show disdain. He was just a bit embarrassed by how gushing Brand was.

And his voice sounded great. It's always hard in a tv studio.

Moz reacted like any normal person would if they were approached by Russel Brand. Recoil from the cretin.

Brand didn't go to hug him, he went to shake his hand.

I think it went pretty well.

You could see Morrissey was a bit uncomfortable sitting in the audience but overall I think on the whole Russell behaved himself around Morrissey :)

I agree, Morrissey did look a bit uncomfortable and would you blame him. Love and Brand, a well matched gruesome twosome.
All in all though, I think Morrissey did a great job and came across really well. Boy, did he look good in his sharp suit and sang brilliantly. All I can say is thank God he didn't do an interview, I think it would've been way too cringey.

I agree, Morrissey did look a bit uncomfortable and would you blame him. Love and Brand, a well matched gruesome twosome.
All in all though, I think Morrissey did a great job and came across really well. Boy, did he look good in his sharp suit and sang brilliantly. All I can say is thank God he didn't do an interview, I think it would've been way too cringey.

I agree.

I'm sure I remember Morrissey going to hug Brand first...may have just been me. I was dissapointed that there wern't any 'acoustic' performances.

Back
Top Bottom