Moz on George Best

that's completely unfair, about 30 years ago the culture was different, women were alot of the time raised to be victims and saw spousal abuse as almost normal and something you don't complain about. Also it's not like 1st day of marraige man starts beating woman, they work on them physcologically, wearing them down, until they live in such complete fear they cant really think rationally. plus if u have no money and u dont work and have kids it's hard to know wat to do

Well alot of women didn't see it as normal, because 30 years ago the whole feminist thing began. And yes, at lot of women are raised to be victims i.e. they are women who saw their mothers being knocked around by their fathers and who never once saw their mother fight back or saw their father being brought to justice. And the same goes for men, in case you think I'm being sexist - a lot of men who end up with abusive partners had very violent mothers.

It's been interesting reading comments here. We all have different values and what is acceptable for one is intolerable for another.

I would like to add to my earlier comment.

George Best had great football talent. That cannot be ignored.

He behaved sometimes in a selfish and destructive way, hurting himself and those nearest to him.

On his deathbed he invited the press to take photos of him in a terrible state in order to show as many people as possible the results of his lifestyle, as a warning NOT to follow his example. I believe by this he hoped that those who admired his achievements would not think this an excuse to emulate his faults.

For this I have respect.

Each of us makes our own life choices and each of us takes the consequences.

It's been interesting reading comments here. We all have different values and what is acceptable for one is intolerable for another.

I would like to add to my earlier comment.

George Best had great football talent. That cannot be ignored.

He behaved sometimes in a selfish and destructive way, hurting himself and those nearest to him.

On his deathbed he invited the press to take photos of him in a terrible state in order to show as many people as possible the results of his lifestyle, as a warning NOT to follow his example. I believe by this he hoped that those who admired his achievements would not think this an excuse to emulate his faults.

For this I have respect.

Each of us makes our own life choices and each of us takes the consequences.

Yeah I have respect for him doing that aswell, he really showed how distructive alcoholism is. To have talent and fame and love and glamour and
to end up as a sad example who'll alot of people will remember as a monster wifebeater is truely awful. His son and wife forgave him and I suppose u never really understand anothers private life

Back
Top Bottom