Moz on BBC America's 2010 Naughty List

G

goinghome

I guess we can expect a month of jumbles like this from now on:

- 4. Singer Morrissey refers to the Chinese as "subspecies":

Staunch animal rights supporter Morrissey created quite a ruckus in September when he referred to the Chinese as a "subspecies" during an in-depth interview with The Guardian. "Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies," he told interviewer, poet Simon Armitage. Well, such a remark did not go unnoticed and some called Moz a racist (again). Morrissey did come back with a lengthier explanation, as Armitage didn't provide much context for including such a provocative statement in the first place.

"If anyone has seen the horrific and unwatchable footage of the Chinese cat and dog trade – animals skinned alive – then they could not possibly argue in favour of China as a caring nation. There are no animal protection laws in China and this results in the worst animal abuse and cruelty on the planet. It is indefensible," Morrissey stated.

Neil McCormick of The Daily Telegraph also chimed in on the media frenzy surrounding the legendary Smiths frontman. "Morrissey is a man of contradictions, a complex loner whose image seems to be tautly balanced between cripplingly low self-esteem and preening narcissism. He is also a hugely gifted songwriter with an extraordinary body of work full of wit and empathy, lyrics ripe with a rich sense of humanity that prod, provoke, surprise, amuse, move and, indeed, occasionally offend listeners. He is a proper artist, in other words, and should be judged by his work, not an interview process he treats with a degree of obvious disdain."

Gah! I think most anyone would agree that any kind of hatred against animals, no matter who's involved, is absolutely deplorable. I understand that Morrissey may have been trying to shed some light on China's unlawful treatment of animals, but his statement was a bit reckless. Of course people are going to jump on that. What do you think? -
http://blogs.bbcamerica.com/angloph...st-cringe-worthy-uk-celebrity-moment-of-2010/

Unfortunately, China doesn't seem to treat their human inhabitants with much respect or humanity, either.

If they don't treat their animals humanely, what makes one think they'll treat their human inhabitants humanely??

What about that one dissident...whose name escapes me now..they had a chair for him at the UN but was absent because he was imprisoned in China..
He's still in a Chinese jail/prison...from what i understand..
Ahh...but that's what you get for disagreeing with your country's government...

Unfortunately, China doesn't seem to treat their human inhabitants with much respect or humanity, either.

If they don't treat their animals humanely, what makes one think they'll treat their human inhabitants humanely??

Wrong. They treat their animals in yummy sauces before munching on 'em!

Back
Top Bottom