Moz night this Thurs at Overdraught, Manchester

Is it not next Thursday?

and I will be there making a Special Guest Appearance.

Uncle Liam
Will you be paying to get in this time, or do you intend to just swan in past the till again as if you are a VIP / celeb etc?:rolleyes:
Remember, the organisers have to pay to hire the room. They in return charge at the door to cover their costs. Simple mathematics really.
I shall be on the door waiting, it's £3. If you have the correct change that would be helpful:)

Jukebox Jury

If I choose to pay, I will be giving my money direct to Paul.

But you cant get to see Paul unless you hand me £3 to get through the door in the first place. Name one other club where you can waltz past the door and pay direct to the DJ?:confused:

What I suggest is this:
You give me a £3 deposit. You then go and give £3 to Paul, who lets me know you have given him £3 and I give you your £3 deposit back. That way if you decide not to pay Paul his £3, you lose your deposit. And I give it to Paul via the till.
Deal or deal. That is the deal.

Jukebox Jury - The Man On The Door:cool:

But you cant get to see Paul unless you hand me £3 to get through the door in the first place. Name one other club where you can waltz past the door and pay direct to the DJ?:confused:

What I suggest is this:
You give me a £3 deposit. You then go and give £3 to Paul, who lets me know you have given him £3 and I give you your £3 deposit back. That way if you decide not to pay Paul his £3, you lose your deposit. And I give it to Paul via the till.

Or, I go to the Overdraft straight from work, get there at five past six, and enjoy a pint or two while reading the Times and then act surprised when Moz starts being played around 9ish.

What I suggest is this:

Will you go chasing young girls half your age down the street again like you did last time when they refused to pay the £3 to get in, and tell them that they can go in anyway.

I may actually give my money to Paul in advance.

And dare I say it, a damn fine promoter!

mspendl828;586012 Paul is no mere DJ. He's the [I said:
promoter[/I], there's a difference, sir.

Correct - and as promoter he has charged me with the task of collecting £3 off those entering the venue. Do you really think whilst he is changing discs etc he wants to be bothered by urchins giving him coins or notes that he doesnt have change for?

Jukebox Jury

Correct - and as promoter he has charged me with the task of collecting £3 off those entering the venue. Do you really think whilst he is changing discs etc he wants to be bothered by urchins giving him coins or notes that he doesnt have change for?

Jukebox Jury

Did he charge you with the task of running down the street chasing after girls who didnt want to pay as well? :rolleyes:

Will you go chasing young girls half your age down the street again like you did last time when they refused to pay the £3 to get in, and tell them that they can go in anyway.

I may actually give my money to Paul in advance.

Ahhh but you fail to look beyond your own little world.
As well as there being pressure on the promoter to break even, there was added pressure put on the promoter by the venue management in that they need to be taking money at the bar or the whole thing is pulled.
Those girls half my age were looking for a drink and then to move on elsewhere. They had no intention of paying £3, so by letting them in free whilst the promoter has not lost out financially, the money taken at the bar increased, increasing the chances of the event continuing as it is on a 3 month trial and also increasing the numbers of people in there which made it a better night. I allowed quite a few people in for free - but they were non Smiths / Morrissey fans who otherwise would not have paid to come in, but they swelled the bar takings.

The fact remains only three Morrissey / Smiths fans - actually, sorry, three Morrissey fans refused to pay on the night.
Perhaps you would like to explain why you felt you were 'above paying' and 'superior to others who did pay'?

But please be assured, that was the first time and last time it happens whilst I'm on the door.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Perhaps you would like to explain why you felt you were 'above paying' and 'superior to others who did pay'?

[Jukebox Jury

Well its perfectly simple. The three of us have adopted the anarchist policies promoted by your good self, and now longer believe in the capitalist system of financial exchange.

Well its perfectly simple. The three of us have adopted the anarchist policies promoted by your good self, and now longer believe in the capitalist system of financial exchange.

I promote anarchist policies with responsibilty otherwise you have chaos.
A new, small enterprise started up by someone doing it off their own back with little financial resources, offering great entertainment deserves supporting, not freeloading off.
Getting a freebie at the expense of the government, a multi-national company or other wealthy establishments is acceptable.

Jukebox Jury

Mike
For once I agree with you......:D

IT IS NEXT THURSDAY........:cool:

Jukebox Jury

So it is. I think I got confused because it's been about 2 weeks since the Star&Garter. Sometimes I forget that 4 weeks doesn't necessarily = one month.
Damn that blasted Gregorian calendar.

I promote anarchist policies with responsibilty otherwise you have chaos.
A new, small enterprise started up by someone doing it off their own back with little financial resources, offering great entertainment deserves supporting, not freeloading off.
Getting a freebie at the expense of the government, a multi-national company or other wealthy establishments is acceptable.

Jukebox Jury

a) "Anarchy" and "responsibilty" are, frankly, oxymorons

b) Does this mean we have to stab Paul in the back should Maladjusted be a success. I would presume so.

c) Multi-nations and wealthy establishments all started as new small enterprises with little financial resources. Explain why people who are good at what they do should be punished. Should we punish Morrissey for having hit albums and singles?

a) "Anarchy" and "responsibilty" are, frankly, oxymorons

b) Does this mean we have to stab Paul in the back should Maladjusted be a success. I would presume so.

c) Multi-nations and wealthy establishments all started as new small enterprises with little financial resources. Explain why people who are good at what they do should be punished. Should we punish Morrissey for having hit albums and singles?

A) No they are not oxymorons. But you are:D

B) If Paul made a fortune out of Maladjusted, enforced a law that only he could run Smiths nights in Manchester, then charged £40 to get in hence adding to his fortune then I will be first in the queue to stab him in the back. That would be justified. But as he will not be able to force such a law and free comptetion in place, Paul will hopefully just tick along nicely for putting on a night once a month. Assuming everyone pays to get in that is.

C) Good at what they do - ie exploiting a cheap and demorilised 3rd world workforce, paying a pittance under poor working conditions, no rights or health care, under cutting smaller business', putting local business' out of trading, creating monopolys. Not sure how / why you put Morrissey into the comment.

My last word on the subject - What if everyone took your attitude? There would be no more Maladjusted. So come along with the aim of paying to get in or stay away. Simple as that. I could have just bluntly told you to 'f*** off', but that would be far to impolite for a doorman.:cool:
As mentioned, it would be helpful if you brought the correct change with you - no smart arse bags of 1p coins either. One pound or two pound coins will be fine. See you there.:)

Jukebox Jury's Final Verdict.

Have you got your SIA badge then Phill?! ;)

Is this what you do all day? Time you got another job!

At first I thought you were being comedic, but eh, bleedin Morrissey fans love to slag each other off!

Back
Top Bottom