Moz makes The Onion

YAY! Those faces are like my best friends from WAAAAAY back! That's fantastic. :D

For anyone who doesn't read or have access to the Onion, every issue a topical question is asked to, presumably, three random people on the street. Except every week the three faces are the same yet their answers and professions always change. It's very funny.

When the Onion first started, it was only available on three or four Midwestern college campuses, and mine was one of them. I started reading it in 1991 or 1992.

I worked at a bookstore for years and got to read it for free, but it still cost $1.25. THen my friend took me home for Easter vacation and we visited the campus in Madison and it was like a dream...they were giving away the onion for FREE in street boxes, it was like their LA Weekly, except funny. I was so awe-struck by that.

I worked at a bookstore for years and got to read it for free, but it still cost $1.25. THen my friend took me home for Easter vacation and we visited the campus in Madison and it was like a dream...they were giving away the onion for FREE in street boxes, it was like their LA Weekly, except funny. I was so awe-struck by that.

Yeah, it was free in little stands all over campus. I used to get it at my favorite coffee shop. I think it came out on Thursdays. Our favorite was the cultural idiocy quiz.

Yeah, it was free in little stands all over campus. I used to get it at my favorite coffee shop. I think it came out on Thursdays. Our favorite was the cultural idiocy quiz.

I loved the charts. And so many classic hilarious articles. I'm trying to think of one but I have brain freeze at the moment. I started to read one of the books that gathered them all together and it wasn't the same, like you have to read it in the paper and not one after the other, or else the humor gets drowned out, the subtlty of it.

Back
Top Bottom