Moz loves Young The Giant - TrueToYou update

YOUNG THE GIANT - true-to-you.net

Having suffered with relish so much yes-but-no new music, I could break down with happiness at the new - debut - CD by Young The Giant. I will be kneeling with gratitude on a hardwood floor for many years to come. It is the whole thing ... it is the perfect tone ... and Sameer's voice is unbreakable.
If there is any justice in the world (and we all know there isn't) Young The Giant will own most of it by August. It's so easy to fire out remnants of snobbery where new music is concerned (in fact, I find it VERY easy), but once every three thousand years, a band comes along who restore that precious component of faith. Had I the gift of adequate words I would express more than mere thanks.
Instead, I shall leave it at that.

Morrissey / 1 June 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
Just listened to the body. That was painfully mediocre. I Love M but.....

I really wish the thread would have read, "Moz loves Sad Lovers & Giants"

I really wish the thread would have read, "Moz loves They Might Be Giants"

I am endlessly stunned at how truly awful the bands and artists he deigns with his endorsement always are.

Sameer does have a beautiful voice. I like them.

The level of abuse on here gets more baffling with each passing day. Al Qaeda bomber....i've heard it all now. I think it's great that somebody of Morrissey's status openly writes of his passions online, and shares them with us. I love YTG's debut album, there are some very good songs on it, and Sameer has a lovely voice. Maybe people round here would prefer Justin Bieber to have it all to himself......

he certainly didn't lose the gift of hyperbole.
you had to have heard of SMOKING POPES in the 90's?? Morrissey cites are one of his favorite albums ever... Smoking Popes "Born to Quit"

Yep, ol' Moz has finally lost it!

They sound like f***ing U2!..that is if U2 were being f***ed by a power drill in a black hole...

Seeing this band tour with Incubus later this year in America Moz which show you going too laughs...

'once every three thousand years'? - told ye he's Orpheus!

But these fellows are able musical craftsmen, with an emotional delicacy and internal depth evoking the importance of being earnest...quite bearable, all in all. :D

Morrissey has a crush on the singer.

We all know its's probably true.He is about fifteen in maturity. He has come across as a total prick every time he has opened his mouth of late. Gay. Obsessive and gay.

I've been a fan for 100 years, but Morrissey seriously talks like an idiot sometimes. He used to be clever and charming and made it look effortless, but now everything he says or writes just sounds & reads like he's trying too hard. It's one thing to be flowery and ornate, but it's another to be wordy and repetitive for the sake of it.

Had a listen and hated the sound and the looks as dark haired men with pubic hair in their face does not rock my boat. Never been a fan of bands sounding american and it still baffles me how talentless that big country still is. Moz never had a great taste in music but this seems to be his own personal lowkey moment in that regard.

Urban in Sweden (knowing good music since 1990)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom