Moz just played This Charming man!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek: What! I pray he keeps it in the setlist and it makes it here:pray:.
Did anyone record it??
when i read that he played TCM my jaw dropped on the ground..wow..
hoipefully he will not only play it in the US..:pray:.Im sure he wont keep the exact same setlist in the US when he comes over to europe.if he indeed plays it on the tour please dont drop it..(I cant imagine him doing TCM every date though).but oh my god ..this charming man..hasnt he said he wont ever play it again?

Last edited:
"This Charming Man" followed by "Best Friend On The Payroll"????? Isn't that a bit like following "Moonlight Sonata" with "Chopsticks"? Sacrilege!!!

I don't know... I have mixed emotions about this. As much as I love "This Charming Man" I was kinda hoping that this would remain forever a Smiths song. It just doesn't seem like the sort of song that modern Moz would have any affinity for. In fact, the Smiths themselves stopped playing it pretty early on in their live career, so it always has seemed to represent those glorious early months of The Smiths to me. I just can't envision modern Morrissey playing it at all.

"This Charming Man" followed by "Best Friend On The Payroll"????? Isn't that a bit like following "Moonlight Sonata" with "Chopsticks"? Sacrilege!!!

I don't know... I have mixed emotions about this. As much as I love "This Charming Man" I was kinda hoping that this would remain forever a Smiths song. It just doesn't seem like the sort of song that modern Moz would have any affinity for. In fact, the Smiths themselves stopped playing it pretty early on in their live career, so it always has seemed to represent those glorious early months of The Smiths to me. I just can't envision modern Morrissey playing it at all.

It's not that much of a stretch. He's played "Still Ill" & "Hand in Glove" occasionally in the past couple tours.

He has now officially entered his fat Elvis period.

Very pleased to hear he played Best Friend On The Payroll, though. I pray he brings this (and TCM) over to Europe in summer.

Hola, Commie! Knowing your propensity to be critical about the things that you love most and hold sacred, I fear you will be outraged when you hear Moz do TCM live this tour. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

My elation over hearing this classic Smiffs chestnut reprised was tempered by the clumsy "punk" arrangement or playing. I am pessimistically guessing that maybe a certain guitarist who is not fit to lick the plectrum of oh-well-never-mind can't come close to reproducing the sound of the Smiths, so a dumbed down punk rock arrangement (not necessarily faster but rougher) was made. I like when Moz shows his punk-love (hur hur) and influences on his sleeve, like when they did a punk rock version of Pleasex3 at the first show of the tour in 2002, but it wasn't very good with TCM last night. Maybe they'll get better at it once they practice more. Alas, my optimism really isn't that strong.

I know cranky old fans like us are probably hypercritical of the musicianship of Mozzer's solo band, but when I first heard Moz do "Hand in Glove" for the first time ever in his SOLO career, I thought it sounded as great as the Smiths version.

:DIts someone on the board..She snuck her cell phone in so I could hear it..so I can't rat her out :D

Umm everyone had their cell phones. I couldve called anyone and they wouldve heard it, its nothign special to get yoru cell phone into a tvp taping. They will just get mad at you if you try to take a photo with your phone.

I'm checking this thread every few hours with a hope and a wish that a video of TCM has been posted.

Who is that beautiful blond in the front row at the Jimmy Kimmel performance? Do you post here? You were obviously trying to flirt with Morrissey. You slut. But you are still beautiful to my eyes. And maybe to morrissey.

girlmoz.jpg

I'm really surprised about the lack of chat about this today, are the other songs knocking around anywhere yet? I can't wait to hear them.

Back
Top Bottom