"Moz is a weirdo, that's for sure"

The Seeker of Good Songs

from a different forum, I found this thread about our Mozzer

http://www.side-line.com/forum/threads.php?id=1830_0_20_0_C

Elvis is not dead.......he's MORRISSEY!

Is it just me or has Morrissey, my favorite EBM crooner, metamorphasized into THE KING?
Just caught a tape of his performance on the "Late Late Show." Complete with his Viva Las Vegas sideburns, a laced-up pirate shirt and oversized gold necklace, Morrissey has become the incarnate soul of his bloated idol. It must be all that driving in L.A. in his convertible, or the extra cheese sandwiches at tea time, but still shocking to witness.
Don't get me wrong, I whole-heartedly enjoyed all of the new material from The "Moz" and can't wait to get "You are the Quarry," his latest release in over 7 years. I know people complain that the scene is suffering and it's nice to see that Moz isn't so willing to throw in the towel just yet.
The only "beef" I have with the man is why must I be forced to go to "LOLLAPALOOZA" in order to get my 24-67 minute dose of THE MOZ.
Does any one else in the scene love Morrissey as much as I do?
Please comment.

Just so you know, I also run the official Johnny Marr website (on ice right now as we work on something completely new) and I know some funny things about Moz that make his appearance very logical :)))

PLEASE! "Tell me, oh tell me oh, tell me......."
Who knew there was another underground Smiths fan in this exclusive EBM Scene!

sorry, can't, I promised Johnny to shut my mouth on these aspects but Moz is a weirdo, that's for sure.

Yeah I am not sure if Morrissey looks more like Elvis or Wayne Newton. Morrisey in Las Vegas would be awesome. I can see him now with a half a glass of scotch in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other crooning the great american standards. "Boxcar for sale or rent..."

Just so you know, I also run the official Johnny Marr website (on ice right now as we work on something completely new) and I know some funny things about Moz that make his appearance very logical :)))

sorry, can't, I promised Johnny to shut my mouth on these aspects but Moz is a weirdo, that's for sure.

What a TEASE!

from a different forum, I found this thread about our Mozzer

http://www.side-line.com/forum/threads.php?id=1830_0_20_0_C

Elvis is not dead.......he's MORRISSEY!

Is it just me or has Morrissey, my favorite EBM crooner, metamorphasized into THE KING?
Just caught a tape of his performance on the "Late Late Show." Complete with his Viva Las Vegas sideburns, a laced-up pirate shirt and oversized gold necklace, Morrissey has become the incarnate soul of his bloated idol. It must be all that driving in L.A. in his convertible, or the extra cheese sandwiches at tea time, but still shocking to witness.
Don't get me wrong, I whole-heartedly enjoyed all of the new material from The "Moz" and can't wait to get "You are the Quarry," his latest release in over 7 years. I know people complain that the scene is suffering and it's nice to see that Moz isn't so willing to throw in the towel just yet.
The only "beef" I have with the man is why must I be forced to go to "LOLLAPALOOZA" in order to get my 24-67 minute dose of THE MOZ.
Does any one else in the scene love Morrissey as much as I do?
Please comment.

PLEASE! "Tell me, oh tell me oh, tell me......."
Who knew there was another underground Smiths fan in this exclusive EBM Scene!

Yeah I am not sure if Morrissey looks more like Elvis or Wayne Newton. Morrisey in Las Vegas would be awesome. I can see him now with a half a glass of scotch in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other crooning the great american standards. "Boxcar for sale or rent..."

Nooooooooooooooooooooo not Wayne Newton! Nooooooooooo Not Elvis. One tidbit for you- I saw Johnny about 2 years ago at this Neil Finn gig at the House Of Blues. Neil always has *guests* and that night it was Johnny Marr! No one knew who he was. I felt so sorry for him. He looked so unhappy. He sang, "Down On The Corner" and afterwards said, "Is anybody depressed?" and no one (except me) got it. He was so mopey that Neil even commented that Johnny had bought a new shirt for the show! Very sad. :tears:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo not Wayne Newton! Nooooooooooo Not Elvis. One tidbit for you- I saw Johnny about 2 years ago at this Neil Finn gig at the House Of Blues. Neil always has *guests* and that night it was Johnny Marr! No one knew who he was. I felt so sorry for him. He looked so unhappy. He sang, "Down On The Corner" and afterwards said, "Is anybody depressed?" and no one (except me) got it. He was so mopey that Neil even commented that Johnny had bought a new shirt for the show! Very sad. :tears:
That is heartbreaking!!!:tears:

Any speculation on what the "funny things about Moz that make his appearance very logical" may be?

Any speculation on what the "funny things about Moz that make his appearance very logical" may be?

If I had to guess, it's Morrissey's diet. Back when Johnny would have been close enough to observe him, Morrissey said that his daily nutritional intake was limited to toast and yogurt, or something like that. The sort of diet a young man can have but which an older man-- who also developed a healthy taste for beer-- might not exactly thrive on. I'm sure it was a catty comment about Morrissey's alleged "bloatedness" and nothing more.

I think he's probably talking about Morrissey's obsession with Elvis and other fifties singers.

That is heartbreaking!!!:tears:

I know. He just looked...depressed. Like he felt he didn't belong there or something. I watched him the most, although I get all frinky about Neil Finn. That was a heartbreaking moment when Neil pulled him towards him and Johnny was just standing there, and Neil announced, "Johnny bought a new shirt for tonight! Give him a hand!" not many clapped except me.:(

I know. He just looked...depressed. Like he felt he didn't belong there or something. I watched him the most, although I get all frinky about Neil Finn. That was a heartbreaking moment when Neil pulled him towards him and Johnny was just standing there, and Neil announced, "Johnny bought a new shirt for tonight! Give him a hand!" not many clapped except me.:(
"Don't Cry For Me, Neil Finn" is what Johnny should have said. Even Crowded House doesn't get the full appreciation that they deserve. Recently their first show at the Fillmore didn't even sell out. You know if they played in Australia or New Zealand that wouldn't have happened. I bet most Crowdies still don't know who Johnny Marr is, despite the fact that he co-wrote Even A Child with Neil for the last CH album. Nonetheless, Neil Finn is a true friend and fan.

Missing Moz no doubt. *sigh*

When are those two gonna put the past behind them and hang out again?

Back
Top Bottom