MOZ in Chicago - Whos going?

So excited for this show!!! What could be better than spending my 40th at a show.
I'm surprised at the talk of pre-show meet ups.....Are we getting to old to stand in line all day? :)

Hey guys, I really want to go. Where do you recommend I get tickets from?

Also, does anyone know is this going to be dangerous at all? I want to bring my girlfriend and I'm afraid the crowd will be too rowdy? Should I be worried?

Also, will I be searched for meat products at the Chicago concert?

I'm partially joking.....but kinda seriously wondering...

You should only really worry about not getting tickets. Gigs are not dangerous your friend will love it.

No one as ever been searched for meat products at a Morrissey concert or any other concert. you have to get out more. do it make it happen, safe is over rated live a life.

You have to remember you're dealing with the British press. This has been reported here before with much discussion, I think the relevant line here is "according to reports" they're covering there backs here in case Morrissey's camp decide to gett stroppy legally, they can throw there hand in and say it was reported to them that way, they don' t know for sure. You have to read between the lines if something is reported that sounds unusual or unlikely,with anything that may be construed as a possible get out clause included, then the story is bullshit.
If your really worried about it leave all your sausages at home that night you'll make it through the evening without them, you'll be to busy bouncing about anyway.
Sorry if last nights post sounded at all Rude or aggressive I was full of red wine.

Please go to the gig don't worry enjoy it, because you will, enjoy yourself.

Hey you guys, I need moral support. I'm a poor college student and I've yet to buy the Moz tickets for financial/procrastinating reasons. Ok, well, see, the Damned is coming to Chicago in like two days and I LOVE the Damned. I mean, they're incredible and I've yet to see them live. I'm torn as to which tickets to buy. The Damned is cheaper but I bleed Morrissey in the morning. I'm sooooooo confused and lost.

Here's some straight talk from a Chicagoan who attends at the very least one show a week:

The Congress: The venue is a shithole. Easily my least favorite in the city. The sound is terrible, beer is expensive, and the bathrooms are in awful shape. They have garbage bags up instead of stall doors. It's rough. Also, if you have cigarettes, don't be surprised if security steals them as you walk in. Also, I really wouldn't advise running onstage. Those guys in "police" shirts aren't actually cops, but like to pretend they are.

The Neighborhood: You can get off the Blue Line at either the California or Western stop. It's pretty much the same distance. It isn't the best neighborhood, but it's not bad. There are a lot of great Mexican restaurants and several good bars. (Revolution is the best. Green Eye is also pretty great.)

Re: MOZ in Chicago - Whos going? - DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY....

DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY....

What does one wear to a Morrissey concert if it is my first experience...ie TShirt... and please no smart ass answers - I take fashion seriously..:straightface:

DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY....

What does one wear to a Morrissey concert if it is my first experience...ie TShirt... and please no smart ass answers - I take fashion seriously..:straightface:

Yes. And sturdy shoes. But if you don't have a seat or somewhere to put a coat, just wear a tshirt in. It gets sooooo hot.

t-shirts and sturdy shoes.... HMMM...I will come up with something within those fashion parameters, thank you for the advice.

t-shirts and sturdy shoes.... HMMM...I will come up with something within those fashion parameters, thank you for the advice.

Might I suggest this with some boots. :p

slut-shirt-1.jpg

Might I suggest this with some boots. :p

slut-shirt-1.jpg
Ladys of the world eat one steak & kidney pie a week or you to could grow the body of a little boy.

The day is almost here! Time seems be going by fast..yet not fast enough. I most certainly cant wait. This will be the greatest day of my life.

Yes. And sturdy shoes. But if you don't have a seat or somewhere to put a coat, just wear a tshirt in. It gets sooooo hot.

Yeah, I've found with all indoor concerts, especially winter ones, it's fine to bundle up for the elements but then wear something thin or short-sleeved underneath so you can be compfy in the theater.

I'm super-nervous. Mostly about my drive there and back. The last time I drove to Chicago I had a really hard time staying awake on the way home.

I'm thinking about not queuing since I'm not going to be up front anyhow. I looked up and down the street on Google maps to see what was around and I don't see any place to be a potty-stop before lunch time. There are 2 Mexican restaurants that are quite close and look really nice for getting food during regular restaurant-type hours, but that's pretty much it that's very close. I didn't even see a gas station within 3 or 4 blocks.

Would anyone in the Chicagoland area (particularly West) like to buy a single to the show? I thought I'd be able to give mine as a gift to a friend. My total cost, with shipping, was almost $50. The ticket price was $39.50. I'll sell for $30. Cash and carry.

Tags
chicago congress morrissey
Back
Top Bottom