MOZ in Chicago - Whos going?

It depends on what you like. if you like venues like House of Blues you will hate this place. For me, this brings what I miss from England since the place reminds me of Brixton academy in London. A proper venue made of an old 1920's theater with marble stairs, standing room only, etc. The acoustics are pretty good to but again, it depends of what you like.

I agree every show I've seen at the Congress has been great, it can get a little warm in the summer but that's my only real gripe.

It depends on what you like. if you like venues like House of Blues you will hate this place. For me, this brings what I miss from England since the place reminds me of Brixton academy in London. A proper venue made of an old 1920's theater with marble stairs, standing room only, etc. The acoustics are pretty good to but again, it depends of what you like.

Sounds like my kinda place. Peeling paint would be a bonus.

the cost of my flight has jumped over $100 so I don't think I am going now :(

never mind..found a super cheap flight out of NYC..booked..Chicago is on!

Last edited:
The Congress theater is filth personified--or at least buildi-fied. It's dirty, really shady, gets really smelly and sweaty when it's a big show. Still, for all that, some of my most favorite music memories have been made there. I wouldn't change the venue for all the money in the world. It's a great place to weed out all the mediocre fans from the hardcore fans. I went to a techno show with a friend (I know. Leave me alone) and it was brutal. I guess they don't have any ventilation in there because I swear it looked like a f***ing battlefield in there what with all the people fainting, gasping for air, and screaming like monkeys. It was incredible. I really can't wait for the Morrissey show.

Also, I have my own little question but does anyone know how long a Morrissey show lasts? I might have a midterm on that Friday and even though Morrissey is metaphorically my life, I still want to be a good noodle and not fall asleep during the exam.

Also, I have my own little question but does anyone know how long a Morrissey show lasts? I might have a midterm on that Friday and even though Morrissey is metaphorically my life, I still want to be a good noodle and not fall asleep during the exam.

Lights down to lights up - 80 minutes. You'll have plenty of time to do a bit more studying.

Well, thank you dear. Now I can have the best of both worlds: an unforgettable night with Morrissey and a respectable GPA. :D

i might be coming up from tampa for this, if the boss allows time off. using a grip of vacation days to go see portishead in nyc first of october. kinda wish i would have known when i requested my vacation days. heres to fingers being crossed.

Cool. My wife and I are coming from Tampa also. Let us know if you get the time off. Also, anybody who might want to meet for a few before/after the show let us know. We are going to stay Loop area.

Does anybody know of any pre/post show party's, meet and greets etc...? So excited, counting the days till Nov 10th!

Froze my ass off Nov 21st 2006 at Aragon Ballroom from 10AM till 7PM. in queue. You can see the alley we sat at the bottom of the Tour page..
Will not be able to make this one, have fun all.....

Does anybody know of any pre/post show party's, meet and greets etc...? So excited, counting the days till Nov 10th!

A few things so far:

The Handsome Devilz will be doing an afterset @ Debonair! which is close to the Congress Theater. More details to follow soon.

Debonair Social Club
1575 N. Milwaukee Ave in Chicago
http://www.debonairsocialclub.com/

Delilah's
2771 North Lincoln Avenue
Chicago, Illinois
21+ NO COVER
www.delilahschicago.com

MORRISSEY/SMITHS NIGHT AFTER SET with DJ Tony
Thursday, November 10, 2011... to 2am

Neo Chicago

A large dose of Morrissey & The Smiths mixed in with New Wave, Classic Alternative, and 80's!
FREE BEFORE 11PM IF YOU SAY: HOOLIGANS

New Wave Thursdays at Neo
2350 N. Clark
10pm - 4am, 21 +
www.neo-chicago.com

All are excellent choices -so hard to choose- but I'll probably go to Debonair for the Devilz.

Still working on pre-parties or meet ups. Keep you posted!

Froze my ass off Nov 21st 2006 at Aragon Ballroom from 10AM till 7PM. in queue. You can see the alley we sat at the bottom of the Tour page..
Will not be able to make this one, have fun all.....

I stood outside in a t-shirt. Are you from Chicago? ;) Sorry you can't make this show!

If no other options become available for pre-show meet ups may I suggest Revolution Brewing (2323 N. Milwaukee). Other than the many Mexican restaurants in the vicinity this is about the closest pub/bar type place -- it does not show on google street view. Personally I wouldn't mind a Diggity Dunkelweizen before the show.

A few things so far:

The Handsome Devilz will be doing an afterset @ Debonair! which is close to the Congress Theater. More details to follow soon.

Debonair Social Club
1575 N. Milwaukee Ave in Chicago
http://www.debonairsocialclub.com/

Delilah's
2771 North Lincoln Avenue
Chicago, Illinois
21+ NO COVER
www.delilahschicago.com

MORRISSEY/SMITHS NIGHT AFTER SET with DJ Tony
Thursday, November 10, 2011... to 2am

Neo Chicago

A large dose of Morrissey & The Smiths mixed in with New Wave, Classic Alternative, and 80's!
FREE BEFORE 11PM IF YOU SAY: HOOLIGANS

New Wave Thursdays at Neo
2350 N. Clark
10pm - 4am, 21 +
www.neo-chicago.com

All are excellent choices -so hard to choose- but I'll probably go to Debonair for the Devilz.

Still working on pre-parties or meet ups. Keep you posted!

Thanks for the Great Info, I'm travelling a long way to see Moz so hope to make this a great experience! Plz keep us posted with any other info you have as it develops!

Ok- here is some local knowledge for those choosing to visit Chicago. The venue is a shit hole but way better sounding than Aragon. Security can be a hassle, but once inside they seem to be pretty tolerable. The venue is VERY close to the California Blue Line CTA train stop- meaning those looking at hotels have options both downtown and at O'Hare area. Most O'Hare hotels are close to the CTA stop (Rosemont or Cumberland stops) and this train is a 15 minute ride to California stop- this is the same for downtown hotels- which will probably be more expensive. Restaurants, most within walking distance (listed based on how good food is and value: Lula Cafe, Telegraph Wine Bar, Belly Shack, Revolution Brewing, Taqueria Moran, and The Rocking Horse).

I am so psyched. I too am traveling to see the show from Philly. I know Chicago well, but not this area necessarily. Staying close to the Magnificent Mile. Let's hang pre and post show. I heard about the "after party" at Delilahs but not so sure I want to go there. Are you ready to dance!!! PS - I love being 45 and having a stash of "disposable income." :D

I've been so busy the past couple weeks that I almost forgot about this show! Three weeks from this coming Thursday! :guitar:

Just been watching as many "Speedway" live videos on You Tube as humanly possible. I am READY!

Terrible, terrible. I just figured out I have a work commitment the night of the show and so can't use my (obviously, already bought) ticket. Of all nights in November, he's performing on the one night I can't make it. Have a fine time, all. I'll be looking forward to the post-show comments... :(

Well it's official....for me anyways. We are meeting up at Revolution Brewing before the show and then Delilah's for the after party. Don't by shy and say hi! We will be the Mexican guy and Polish girl enjoying some treats.

If no other options become available for pre-show meet ups may I suggest Revolution Brewing (2323 N. Milwaukee). Other than the many Mexican restaurants in the vicinity this is about the closest pub/bar type place -- it does not show on google street view. Personally I wouldn't mind a Diggity Dunkelweizen before the show.
Yep if I was in Chicago i'd have to go into the bar called Diggity Dunklweizen as well use that, make it happen.

Tags
chicago congress morrissey
Back
Top Bottom