Question Moz & God

Raphael Lambach

I always thought Moz was agnostic or something like that. But since some years ago, he's wearing crosses and, I guess, never spoke against religion even in a satiric way as "Satan rejected my soul"...

What do you think about it, guys?

Moz has said many times that it's impossible to "shake off" Catholicism when it has been such a big part of your childhood. It's always there, it never goes away, it is a link to his family and people often come back to those ideas when they are grieving. He has always been interested in the 'big questions' of life, meaning and mortality and why we're all here - and God is the greatest question of all really. I think he has always believed in God, in a personal sense.

Moz has said many times that it's impossible to "shake off" Catholicism when it has been such a big part of your childhood. It's always there, it never goes away, it is a link to his family and people often come back to those ideas when they are grieving. He has always been interested in the 'big questions' of life, meaning and mortality and why we're all here - and God is the greatest question of all really. I think he has always believed in God, in a personal sense.
Loved your reply

I always thought Moz was agnostic or something like that. But since some years ago, he's wearing crosses and, I guess, never spoke against religion even in a satiric way as "Satan rejected my soul"...

What do you think about it, guys?

God come down if you're really there
well you're the one who claims to care

Little lamb
on a hill
Run fast if you can
Good Christians they want to kill you
And your life has not even begun
You're just like me

1684119468335.gif

That’s a criticism imo of people who claim to be so righteous and Christian and yet have no qualms killing innocent and defenseless animals.

That’s a criticism imo of people who claim to be so righteous and Christian and yet have no qualms killing innocent and defenseless animals.

And he’s questioning if a god even exists.

Because if it did, then why would it create so much atrocity and horrific pain in this world?

Ye
And he’s questioning if a god even exists.

Because if it did, then why would it create so much atrocity and horrific pain in this world?
Yes I agree, he is questioning it.

Moz includes religion in his lyrics, but hardly in ways which would make the song appropriate for playing in church. Take I Have Forgiven Jesus, for example. Other times he just makes short references, which just indicate he has spiritual/religious beliefs (which we know he does)

Last edited:
Yes, he was critical of religion in the past, as a young man, but I think it’s obvious he’s embraced it now. He’s wearing crosses, yes, but he also implored us all to pray for his mother when she was at death’s door a few years back. Those messages he posted were heavily religious, as I recall. And then there’s of course “Saint in a Stained Glass Window”.

I guess vegetarians might take the commandment Thou shalt NOT KILL in a different way than
Christians then?

About him asking for prayers for his mother, what’s interesting about it was his mention of ‘gods’ not just one god, seems he believes that there are more gods than the one Christian god, and they may all have the power to save.

‘... to offer their prayers for Elizabeth - for she is all I have, and our collective pleas of petition might wake the sleeping gods.’

- Morrissey

You are completely ignorant on the subject of religion and this particular comment has been explained to you over and over, you can stop trolling with it now.

No it hasn’t. By who? Links?

Go ahead, explain to us all how my interpretation is wrong then ?

You don’t know what trolling is.

What’s been the explanation? I would probably interpret it as him meaning the different interpretation each person maye have of God.

What’s been the explanation? I would probably interpret it as him meaning the different interpretation each person maye have of God.

It’s never been ‘explained to me’. It’s only my interpretation.

But yes, he’s asking people to call on all these gods to help his mother. That all these gods have the power to intervene and save. To me, if he was speaking about the one Christian God, he wouldn’t have used the plural ‘Gods’. But of course, because of his upbringing, I believe he leans more towards the one Christian God.

Thou shalt not kill refers to humans only, there are not seperate commandments for vegetarians. It is not open to interpretation.

I agree. But people will interpret the Bible to fit their beliefs, anyway.

I don't care, and I am not discussing religion with someone who is so hostile to it, like you. It's all back there in off topic. Other people have also told you that you are unecessarily hostile to religion.

And you’re simply hostile.

It refers to humans only according to who? I don’t see why it wouldn’t be open to interpretation.

Probably according to meat eaters, lol.

But seriously though, from what I can gather, the Bible allows it’s believers to eat certain animals.

But yeah, I don’t think there’s anything wrong in interpreting that commandment the way you want,
if it benefits you and others and is harmless.

Back
Top Bottom