Moz enters german album charts at No 5!

sistasheila

tjekket
edit:did confuse something -YOR did go to rank 4 not 5 in the german album charts, sorry about the confusion
cause
the recordshop where i worked the list that did get shown off to the public were the media control charts,which was schaulandt
BUT media markt is a different company and has NOT the media contol chart hanging out fot eh public but the media markt internal charts where YOR did go on rank 5 on the 20 th of feb.
the charts that counts- the media control charts ,yes, YOR did go on rank 4 there,not on the 20 th but on the 27 th, butthta that happens was already noted yesterday..e recordshop where i worked the list that did get shown off to the public were the media control charts,which was schaulandt
so mods please change the thread heading title into NO 4
edit 25th feb
edit: so ignore the orginal old post that follows below in small size
did go today into our musicstore aquivalent * of HMV,looking for the 20th FEB album charts list (YOR was released here on the 13 th Feb-Friday
so it goes without saying that the new charts comes out the next friday;-))
and there here is: between a young female singer singing in bavarian speak and between the soundtrack of this vampire film "twilight" there is morrissey!

Im wondering how the average person or some "R&B listening kid" who has never heard of him and have a listen "cause he is in the charts " thinks of it..;-)))
and THAT ALBUM COVER stands out as well:
couldnt go check the album charts earlier so its bit of late news with a 4 days delay...but still! yay!!!:D:guitar::eek::highfive::sweet::clap::rock:

here is a short note of the new entries:http://musiktipps24.com/
its pretty sure the highest entry for moz here...but with that amount of promotion in form of (exclusive)interviews:rolling stone, musikexpress, spiegel,
(spex interview did came out later -i.e. on the 20 th)
and countless albumreviews in a lot of the arts/feature section in a lot of newspapers: from TAZ to some village newspaper...
...all that has to make an impact..if it hasnt .I would have been surprised
Im sure moz taked notice of that where he enters the charts elsewhere...and Im sure hew ill mention it on the german concerts
but on the other hand Its still surprises me though
cause outside the music press and in the arts section of the "important" newspapers he isnt really present..
the "average person" has never heard of him,he is not happening
in the mainstreamedia, in our aquivalent to "the Sun" ,not in TV,
Moz presence only there when he releases albums and not inbetween
( not like in his lost years when US/Uk mags still wrote about him)
..and that he also didnt tour here in Germany very often in the past is a fact that adds to this...etc etc
that even a lot of random villlage newspaper writes about the album is surprising...
Im curious how many places he will go down in 3 days when the new charts note on the 27 th feb comes out though :tears:
*media markt

Im wrong about rank 5
accordin to these sites:rank 4
http://musiktipps24.com/morrissey-n...igt-sensationell-in-den-deutschen-charts-ein/
http://www.media-control.de/mando-di...rts-krone.html

The Media Control Charts are the official music charts in Germany. They are divided into different categories, but the most important are the German Top100 singles and albums charts. These charts are collected and published by the company Media Control GfK International.

Last edited:
:guitar: Germans seem to have better musical taste than my fellow Hungarians.

:guitar: Germans seem to have better musical taste than my fellow Hungarians.

GREAT!!!!!!!!!...
i'm really surprised!!!
but that's amazing...
it's better than in france or somewhere else..wow
thanks for the news sista:thumb:

Last edited:
But I can´t find it here: http://www.musicload.de/officialcharts
Do you know why?
no..bu these lists hanging there are the official singel and labum charts
there are a lot of different charts in existance but these are the official ones.
when I worked in a record store(10 years ago) we get the album and single charts once in a week which goes by sales in whole of germany, then we had to rearrange the albums..and this was 100 percent not the schaulandtcharts
(schaulandt has fusioned with karstadt a couple of years ago)
but the media contol charts which are the official ones
I can ask tomorrow why it not appears online..
I dont think this has changed 10 years later
musicload is a online store right?

Last edited:
it is listed!
and it is the media contol charts which are the offical german sales charts
http://www.media-control.de/mando-diao-holen-sich-die-charts-krone.html
quote:Hinter dem "Boss" ist Morrissey mit "Years Of Refusal" neu dabei.
but like the news from musicload on rank 4 not 5

The Media Control Charts are the official music charts in Germany. They are divided into different categories, but the most important are the German Top100 singles and albums charts. These charts are collected and published by the company Media Control GfK International.

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Media-Control-Charts
he official Music Charts in Germany are gathered and published by the company Media Control GfK International on behalf of Bundesverband der phonographischen Wirtschaft (Federal Association of Phonographic Industry)

It wasn't until 1977, however, that Media Control enterprise came into the picture and started its chart determination again on weekly basis as the former, the company which is still responsible for the official German charts to date. Media Control did change the number of the chart positions several times in its turn as well. From January 1980 the company began to deliver the Top-75, which lasted until August 1989, thereafter, the Top-100 came into existence.[/U]

Die Erhebung erfolgt im Auftrag des Bundesverband der Phonographischen Wirtschaft und wird von der Firma Media Control GfK International durchgeführt. Media Control trägt auch die Veröffentlichungsrechte und vermarktet diese. Die wichtigsten Veröffentlichungen erfolgen in den Branchenzeitschriften "Musikwoche" und "Der Musikmarkt".

Bei ihrer Einführung wurden die Charts nach den Absatzzahlen der Tonträger erstellt. Die Ermittlung änderte sich aber im Laufe der Zeit und wird ständig den aktuellen Gegebenheiten angepasst. Zu den Faktoren, die sich ändern, gehört die Durchführung der Erhebung, die Unterteilung der Charts in verschiedene Genres und die Indikatoren, die in die Wertung mit einfließen.

Grundlage sind zunächst die Verkaufszahlen von Tonträgern innerhalb einer Chartwoche.

Heute reichen meist 5000 wöchentliche Verkäufe bundesweit, um obere Ränge der Top 10 der Single-Charts zu erreichen. Für die Top 100 reichen nach Angaben von Manfred Gillig-Degrave, Chefredakteur des Branchenmagazins Musikwoche schon „dreistellige Zahlen“.

T
gibt es auch die Chart-Poster, die im Plattengeschäft ausgehängt werden.
Mit Beginn des Jahres 1971 stellte der Musikmarkt auf wöchentliche Erscheinungsweise um (immer montags) und erhöhte den Umfang wieder auf 50 Plätze. Die Ermittlung dieser wöchentlichen TOP 50 wurde ab September 1977 auf die Firma Media Control übertragen, die heute noch zuständig ist.
Ab Januar 1980 hatten die Charts 75 Plätze, im August 1989 wurde auf den heute noch gültigen Umfang von 100 Plätzen erweitert. Dabei wurde von 1989 bis 2001 für die Plätze 51 bis 100 nicht nur der Verkauf der Tonträger, sondern auch der Radio-Einsatz der Titel herangezogen. Anfang 1997 wurde zudem eine Sperrklausel eingeführt, die in der unteren Hälfte der TOP 100 nur eine begrenzte Aufenthaltszeit für die Chart-Titel ermöglicht (Streichung eines Titels nach 9 Wochen Chart-Zeit bzw. spätestens zwei Wochen nach Verlassen der TOP 50). Seit Oktober 2005 werden die Charts über die sogenannte "Chartwoche" erhoben, d.h. von Freitag bis Donnerstag.

Seit Januar 2001 werden Verkäufe von Online-CD-Händlern wie Amazon.de und ab Juli 2002 werden auch Musikvideos (DVD, VHS) in die Berechnung der Single- und Album Top 100 mit einberechnet. Seit September 2004 werden außerdem die digitalen Downloads von Download-Shops wie z.B. iTunes in die Wertung der Singles Charts mit einbezogen und für die Ermittlung der neu eingeführten Download-Charts benutzt.

Seit dem 13. Juli 2007 (VÖ 27. Juli) werden für die Single-Charts auch sogenannte "Digital-Only-Releases" erfasst, also reine Online-Veröffentlichungen. Zudem wurde das Zählverfahren geändert. Für die Chartplazierung ist nicht mehr wie bisher die Anzahl verkaufter Tonträger bzw. Downloads ausschlaggebend, sondern der von einem Produkt erzielte Umsatz (Wert). Das meistverkaufte Album einer Woche muss also nicht mehr zwangsläufig auf Platz 1 der Hitparade stehen. Die Abkehr von den Verkaufszahlen zur Festlegung der Hitparadennotierung ist weltweit einzigartig. [1]

Derzeit (Stand: Dezember 2008) gibt Media Control dienstags erste Details der neuen Single- und Album-Hitlisten bekannt (darunter jeweils die Spitzengruppe), ohne jedoch die komplette Liste zu veröffentlichen.

EDIT:here a bit simler the german charts systm are explained:in german
http://www.musikindustrie.de/charts_system.html[/SIZE]

Last edited:
it is listed!
and it is the media contol charts which are the offical german sales charts
but like the news from musicload on rank 4 not 5

Th
e Media Control Charts are the official music charts in Germany. They are divided into different categories, but the most important are the German Top100 singles and albums charts. These charts are collected and published by the company Media Control GfK International.
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Media-Control-Charts

Die Erhebung erfolgt im Auftrag des Bundesverband der Phonographischen Wirtschaft und wird von der Firma Media Control GfK International durchgeführt. Media Control trägt auch die Veröffentlichungsrechte und vermarktet diese. Die wichtigsten Veröffentlichungen erfolgen in den Branchenzeitschriften "Musikwoche" und "Der Musikmarkt".
:confused::confused::confused:
man its all ,very...consfusing to say the least
but he is def did go into the charts:
I still dont understand while the media markt charts which has th heading media control charts list it on rank 5....and that it also its from the 20th February there. on the list..
but:
.this was noted today
http://musiktipps24.com/morrissey-n...igt-sensationell-in-den-deutschen-charts-ein/
Morrissey - Neues Album “Years Of Refusal” steigt sensationell in den deutschen Charts ein!

Die Sensationsnachrichten der deutschen Charts überschlagen sich heute geradezu. Mando Diao, Polarkreis 18 und nun auch Morrissey gelingen fulminante Einstände in den deutschen Album Charts. Das neue Morrissey Album "Years Of Refusal" ist als höchster Neueinsteiger (Solokünstler) direkt auf Platz 4 der Charts gestartet.

Es ist das mittlerweile neunte Studioalbum des Ex-The Smiths-Frontmanns . Mit den Smiths war Morrissey in den Achtzigern absolut stilbildend. Das Musikmagazin "NME" kürte die Band im Jahre 2004 gar zu den "einflussreichsten Künstlern aller Zeiten" . New Musical Express "NME" gehört zu den großen "Stimmen" vor allem im britischen Musikbusiness . Mit seinem neuen Soloalbum "Years Of Refusal" kann Morrissey aber nicht nur die britische Fachpresse überzeugen. Auch die hiesigen Zeitschriften sind voll des Lobes. Der "Stern" weist ihm einen "Platz in der Champions-League der Popkäutze" zu. Der Rolling Stone meint, dass "Morrissey singe wie ein Gott ". Die Süddeutsche Zeitung attestiert ihm in einigen Momenten gar das "Format eines Frank Sinatra".

and like i have posted it before

Last edited:
Having just spent a week in Germany I'm amazed that Morrissey attained the dizzy heights of number 5.

If I ever have to listen to such shit Europop music in my life again I will stick pins in my eyes.

Highest chart positions in Germany for
- Quarry: 7
- ROTT: 9
- YOR: 4 :eek:

Well done!
It's good to see Mozza's popularity rising with German music lovers! :D

I stand corrected... the recordshop where i worked the list that did get shown off to the public were the media control charts,which was schaulandt
BUT media markt is a different company and has NOT the media contol chart hanging out fot eh public but the media markt internal charts where YOR did go on rank 5 on the 20 th of feb.
saturn for example do hang out the media control charts list like schaulandt did
the charts that counts- the charts that counts the sales in all of germany,the media control charts ,yes, YOR did go on rank 4 there,not on the 20 th but on the 27 th, but that that happens was already noted yesterday..
I did confuse it... very sorry about that
so mods please change the thread heading title into NO 4
I Would be interested in charts ranking of morrissey`s other records before quarry...
smiths didnt go in the charts at all, didnt they?

EDIT 26TH FEb
email from media contol guy which basically says that not all recordshops let hang out the media contol charts some do it like schaulandt some like media markt let hang out their internal charts

es handelt sich bei den Media Markt Charts nicht um die offiziellen Charts.
Media Control ermittelt die offiziellen Charts im Auftrag des Verbands der Musikindustrie e.V., manche Händler
hängen in Ihren Geschäften, interne Charts auf, diese werden aber nicht von Media Control ermittelt.
Mit besten Grüßen / Kind regards
Maik Hausmann

Last edited:
after his faboulous entry on no 4 as a new entry on the 27th of Feb he did loose a few places and is to be seen on rank 20 on (friday) the 6th of march
http://www.viva.tv/Charts/Detail/id/5183/part/1/name/VIVA+Album+Top+50
So from rank 4 in the first week down to rank 20 in the 2nd week
...still quite good...

kewpie can you change the heading of this thread from 5 to 4...
5 was false, he did enter on 4 in the charts...

Back
Top Bottom