Moz Biopic

Has anyone heard anything more about this supposed Morrissey biopic? All the articles I have found are from a little over a year ago, like this one: http://pitchfork.com/news/55099-unauthorized-morrissey-biopic-in-the-works/

I read one that said filming started in 2014, but haven't seen anything past these pre-filming write-ups. Really hope it's going through because I'd be interested to see it...

There is no update according to this site http://www.honlodgeproductions.com/steven-morrissey-biopic/

Am I the only one who thinks that the team for the film with Mark Gill (Stretford), Baldwin Li (Manchester), Orian Williams (Los Angeles), William Thacker (London) looks suspiciously like Morrissey had his say on the matter? It looks pitch perfect on paper and there are only missing people from Dublin and Rome.

Orian Williams produced movies like Control and Big Sur. Hello? Joy Division and Jack Kerouac?

William Thacker wrote a novel called "Charm Offensive". Come on! We know Moz' twisted sense of humour. It fits perfectly.

But maybe that's just me :D

Someone named Randy posted this in the Life Is a Pigsty Facebook group today:

"I don't know if anybody has been following the story. But Mozzer's Biopic is in production: It's called 'Steven' and a friend who is close to the production says that the actor they have (I think he is an new - unknown) is amazing and perfect in the role. Also, Morrissey is behaving himself and supporting the project. I'll let you know as I learn more...."

Grain of salt etc. Link.

"I don't know if anybody has been following the story. But Mozzer's Biopic is in production: It's called 'Steven' and a friend who is close to the production says that the actor they have (I think he is an new - unknown) is amazing and perfect in the role. Also, Morrissey is behaving himself and supporting the project. I'll let you know as I learn more...."

Grain of salt etc. Link.

cool. the cover should have steven spelled out in ouija board letters

Grain of salt etc. Link.

This film team is very secretive isn't it. Not one peep anywhere and passionate Moz fans are generelly very nosy. :D Would die to see this actor although, as with most who have the task to portrait a famous person, his looks is not the most important thing. By the way, I really hoped they would pick an unknown actor.

Tags
biopic movie
Back
Top Bottom