moz best song musically?

Hairdresser on Fire. sounds like some great classical composition with the words taken out.

lots of stuff from Viva Hate and Bona Drag. musically those songs had more personality I think. lately they've all been running together. very generic sounding.

It's just perfection. The guitar parts are really intricate, the bass is really well done, then there's the harp & all wrapped up in really good production. What I would love to hear though, is an acoustic version with just the guitars.

Perfection, yes :) and it almost sounds acoustic, huh. It's one of my favorite Morrissey songs. A real gem.

Just to be a bit different:

Never Played Symphonies (I like the violin/viola whetever it is played slightly out of tune velvet underground style)

Asian Rut...

moon river
the edges are no longer parallel (to me that song was way before its time)
swallow on my neck (i love how simple it is its just one of those songs you like)

My personal pick would go to "Will Never Marry", but "Late Night, Maudlin Street" also comes to mind.

Just goes to show the genius of Vini.

Life is a Pygmalionsty.

life is a pigsty,let me kiss you,at last i am born,every day is like sunday and my favourite: you have killed me (sorry i can`t pick only one ) :o

don't forget "maladjusted". It rocks.

dittos to speedway, southpaw, national front disco

and for the more melodic tunes, "Late Night, Maudlin Street" has beautiful music.

if I ever see him play it live I will run out and dive under a 10 ton truck, but I'll wait for the song to finish.

The Smiths:
- The Headmaster Ritual
- Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
- How Soon Is Now

Moz:
- Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
- Sweetie-Pie (;))

I Know It's Over
Half a Person
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself

probably better songs, yea, but it's all I could muster for now :)

lifeguard sleeping girl drowning-the clarinet:sweet:

whatever happens i love you-its hardly free jazz:D but some nice sparkles
a bit sound experimenting here and there would give his songs so much more originality-musically speaking- which a plain rocker like thats how people grow up cant offer...*rant rant rant*

Hairdresser on Fire. sounds like some great classical composition with the words taken out.

lots of stuff from Viva Hate and Bona Drag. musically those songs had more personality I think. lately they've all been running together. very generic sounding.

Nugz is right (as always!).
The Street compositions were fantastic stand-alone pieces of music. Incredibly diverse and wonderfully melodic.
These qualities have indeed been missing in many, if not most, of the recent songs, arguably from the post-Vauxhall era onwards...

Back
Top Bottom