moz best song musically?

I love the end of I'm Not Sorry...it is really, really nice.
I would say my favourite at the moment would have to be Dear God, Please Help Me.

Love PTxx.

Hi

there are much focus on morrissey´s lyrics. I want to know what song that has the best melodi or just the best song musically?

I like spring heeled jim and pigsty

Well, today I choose Speedway, The Loop and Alma Matters. If you ask me again tomorrow, the list will change, for sure. :)

I like The loop a lot, but how can one even imagine it can be among his best musically ? It is almost a joke

I like The loop a lot, but how can one even imagine it can be among his best musically ? It is almost a joke

I think that putting the right music (rythm, tempo, melody, harmony, production etc) with the right lyrics and expression, is musically great - No matter how conventional, typical or banal the music is. But then again, what is and what's not "musically good" is an eternal debate;) However:

Now My Heart Is Full
Maladjusted
Pigsty

Life is a pigsty..100%!!!

Talking about melodies, and not the production of the songs:

"Everyday is like sunday"
"Speedway"
"Such a little thing makes such a big difference"
"National front disco"

The way he sings Aah-aah-aah-aah-aaaah-I, was only singing (the one time he does it) in "Such a little thing makes such a big difference" is so great. I love that little melody detail. I got :eek: the first time I heard that bit in the song, 'cause in some way (can't explain how) it doesn't feel like a typical melody for Morrissey to sing...it feels like a different melody language. A language that I love when other bands/artists use it as well.

I'm not sorry.
Southpaw.
Jack the Ripper.
Speedway.
Why don't you find out for yourself.
I know it's gonna happen someday.

I won't list his work with the smiths here because I'd basically list almost every song except golden lights lol.

Nugz is right (as always!).
The Street compositions were fantastic stand-alone pieces of music. Incredibly diverse and wonderfully melodic.
These qualities have indeed been missing in many, if not most, of the recent songs, arguably from the post-Vauxhall era onwards...

It still amazes me that Stephen Street had never written music for anyone before & hasn't since. I know the Viva Hate songs were quite simplistic but they were very good too.

Back
Top Bottom