Moz at The Pigalle Club: Years of Refusal lyrics scans

Re: Moz at The Pigalle Club today 'doing promo'

wow, sooo excited...i agree with all the good comments about Black Cloud and Its Not Your Birthday Anymore. can't wait.

oooh thanks Anin,
i'm gonna be a good girl and resist reading them... :)

who wants to start a book on how long i'll last? LOL
:rolleyes:

I'm bad with spoilers myself. I tried to avoid all spoilers for the next season of the TV show Lost, but it eats me up inside all day and I must check the spoiler site at least once a day. I have problem..lol

When I read when he said "that's my son"... Oh my.. I got goosebumps!!! The sole idea just sounds so beautiful.... If I could only be the mother of the baby :D :horny:

anin thanks a lot for the info :)

hahahaha that`s funny,i guess you`re not alone i want to be the mother too...well a girl can dream :D

thank you for posting this.

unfortunately I find these lyrics very plain and weak, perhaps on level with Ringleaders. alas..

I think I am getting this whole Morrissey fan thing wrong.

If most fans like something, I tend not to and vice versa (although Tony the Pony has been getting a lot of well deserved love around here lately).

I liked the lyrics. Really dark. The reviews on the music all point towards something loud and raucus. I'm pretty excited about this record.

I too thought the lyrics on Ringleader were forgettable. But I think these are of a significantly higher caliber -- more artful, more expressive, more pathos. I have high expectations for Years.

When Last I Spoke To Carol

When last I spoke To Carol I said:
'I can't pretend it gets any easier.'

She said:
'I have hung on, I have edged along this narrow ledge since the day I was born in 1975.'

When last I spoke to Carol I said:
'I can't pretend I feel love for you.'

She said:
'I've hammered a smile upon this pasty face of mine since the day I was born in 1975.'

When I said goodbye to Carol,
Black earth upon the casket fell.
She had faded to
Something I always knew;
To the rescue nobody ever comes.

Lyrics are supposed to be heard not read.

Yes, that's why I've decided to delete the ones I downloaded!:p I want to see them, but I want it all to hit me at once!

When Last I Spoke To Carol

When last I spoke To Carol I said:
'I can't pretend it gets any easier.'

She said:
'I have hung on, I have edged along this narrow ledge since the day I was born in 1975.'

When last I spoke to Carol I said:
'I can't pretend I feel love for you.'

She said:
'I've hammered a smile upon this pasty face of mine since the day I was born in 1975.'

When I said goodbye to Carol,
She had faded to
Something I always knew;

too bad to be true. It's not even just plain, it's cheesy and embarrassing. "Carol" "I was born in 1975" "When I said good bye to Carol"... ???

Last edited:

too bad to be true. It's not even just plain, it's cheesy and embarrassing. "Carol" "I was born in 1975" "When I said good bye to Carol"... ???

I disagree entirely.

"When I said goodbye to Carol,
She had faded to
Something I always knew;
"

Sheer poetry.

What's cheesy and embarrassing about having been born in 1975? I was born the year before that, hardly my fault now, is it? I'd have come sooner if they'd left the door open... Or is there something else I don't know about 1975?

I disagree entirely.

"When I said goodbye to Carol,
She had faded to
Something I always knew;
"

Sheer poetry.

maybe I'm being too harsh on this one but I still dont like it. Why make a Michael's Bones 2?

maybe I'm being too harsh on this one but I still dont like it. Why make a Michael's Bones 2?

I disagree with this statement too.
Morrissey has built his reputation as a poet, with a distinct style he has carried throughout his career. It could be said that each and every song he has written have mutual undertones.

Was it Bob Dylan who said 'I've written the same song a million times?'

Tags
lyrics
Back
Top Bottom