Moz at Russell Brand gig tonight

Dear people who were at the Russell Brand gig in California: did you see the pudgy but extremely hawt James May there? Apparently Brand has some sort of online blog (well where else would a blog be...) and he was shocked that Top Gear's James May was in the audience.

Me too, he's sex-ay as hell -- it's the hair I guess. And the slightly posh accent.

are you intentionally trying to be a constant show-off? it's really rather tiresome.

Envy.jpg

I just spotted this on a blog. Is this for real? Ewan McGregor was at the show on Sunday? I love him almost as much as I love Morrissey! :eek: Did any of you see him there???
edit: if Ewan was there, I hope he talked to Morrissey. I want them to be friends! :D

The Roxy was filled with laughter Sunday night as famed British comedian Russell Brand of Forgetting Sarah Marshall took center stage. The 33 year old comedian performed for a sold out audience as their howls reverberated against the cars speeding along sunset; there wasn’t a sad face in the house as he cracked joke after joke about everything from his horrible horseback riding experiences, to Michael Jackson, to groping the queen of England.

There was no topic too taboo for this spry British gent to comment on. He made the audience laugh, and think, as his outlandish antics turned philosophical and he related his many theories about life. It was an event not to be missed–and the audience members proved it.

Among the hundreds of fans that came to support him that night were renowned actor Ewan Macgregor, celebrated singer Morrissey, legendary producer Brian Grazer, and even the gossip queen herself, Courtney Love.

Love and Brand have been spotted together before and they were seen hugging and laughing at the show Sunday. Love’s promiscuous background and Russell’s licentious “screw all” mentality make it quite apparent the friends have a lot in common.

Ewan Macgregor and Morrissey, both fellow Britains, were obviously fans of the hilarious comedian and time will only tell what promising doors Grazer’s appearance will open up for Brand.

from http://www.hollywire.com/funny/got-love-for-russell-brand/

Last edited:
"Ewan Macgregor and Morrissey, both fellow Britains..."

That's Britons to you, Hollywoodwire.com! Yeah, I love to nitpick.

Mel, come back! Don't let these jealous queens put you off. Did you see this lovely man at the Russell Brand show?

JAMES_London.jpg

Last edited:
Mel, come back! Don't let these jealous queens put you off. Did you see this lovely man at the Russell Brand show?

JAMES_London.jpg

My friend's brother walked to Trinity College in Dublin with him about two weeks ago. :)

Aw! :sweet: And he plays the piano too. :D

And the flute and the saxophone, as I understand. Clever boy. :guitar:

Poppy Full, are you going to share any details or just sulk off?! Was Mr. May nice, what was he doing in Ireland, etc. Thanks!

bluejumpsuit.jpg

Poppy Full, are you going to share any details or just sulk off?! Was Mr. May nice, what was he doing in Ireland, etc. Thanks!

bluejumpsuit.jpg

Of course not! :D Yes, apparently he was lovely. Not sure what he was doing in Dublin but he was going to Trinity so I assumed perhaps giving/attending a lecture? He asked my friend's brother loads of questions about college, what course he was doing, did he like it, etc. Apparently he seemed very interested in hearing about it, which is nice I think :p and he answered any questions about Top Gear, although I don't know anything he said. :o
Top bloke, by all accounts!

Thank you!!

P.S. I finally found the link to Russell's blog entry in The Guardian, if anyone cares to read it. My profuse apologies if this has already been posted somewhere on this forum: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/05/sport.comment3

Curiously, Russell doesn't cite Moz among the "list of stars" whom attended his show.

Last edited:
Thank you!!

P.S. I finally found the link to Russell's blog entry in The Guardian, if anyone cares to read it. My profuse apologies if this has already been posted somewhere on this forum: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/05/sport.comment3

Curiously, Russell doesn't cite Moz among the "list of stars" whom attended his show.

Interesting point, perhaps Russell regards Morrissey as a pal rather than star/ celeb/show biz personality.

Thank you!!

hey, thanks for that link! But that blog entry is dated as April 5th. That night was actually Russell's very first stand-up show in the States (I know, 'cause I was there and that's the night I sorta met Morrissey)! ;) So, I'm assuming he wrote that blog before Morrissey became one of his regular audience members.

I just spotted this on a blog. Is this for real? Ewan McGregor was at the show on Sunday? I love him almost as much as I love Morrissey! :eek: Did any of you see him there???
edit: if Ewan was there, I hope he talked to Morrissey. I want them to be friends! :D

The Roxy was filled with laughter Sunday night as famed British comedian Russell Brand of Forgetting Sarah Marshall took center stage. The 33 year old comedian performed for a sold out audience as their howls reverberated against the cars speeding along sunset; there wasn’t a sad face in the house as he cracked joke after joke about everything from his horrible horseback riding experiences, to Michael Jackson, to groping the queen of England.

There was no topic too taboo for this spry British gent to comment on. He made the audience laugh, and think, as his outlandish antics turned philosophical and he related his many theories about life. It was an event not to be missed–and the audience members proved it.

Among the hundreds of fans that came to support him that night were renowned actor Ewan Macgregor, celebrated singer Morrissey, legendary producer Brian Grazer, and even the gossip queen herself, Courtney Love.

Love and Brand have been spotted together before and they were seen hugging and laughing at the show Sunday. Love’s promiscuous background and Russell’s licentious “screw all” mentality make it quite apparent the friends have a lot in common.

Ewan Macgregor and Morrissey, both fellow Britains, were obviously fans of the hilarious comedian and time will only tell what promising doors Grazer’s appearance will open up for Brand.

from http://www.hollywire.com/funny/got-love-for-russell-brand/

I saw that too! (So Mell.... who are you on Russell's forum? :p)

I wish I could say I saw Ewan but I didn't and I was shocked to read that he was there. Honestly, once we sat down until Russell came on, I didn't look anywhere else in the room other than straight ahead because Moz was sitting more or less directly across from me in the opposite corner of the room and facing my direction. Like Mel said the seating was arranged funny, and if I was looking in front of me I was looking at Morrissey who seemed to be looking right back when he was staring straight ahead, which was nice. :p

PS.... to everyone who is worried Moz was bothered by fans that night, I don't think he was at all. I was very pleasantly surprised at how respectful everyone in the room was to him. I'm sure a few people went over to his table to talk to him, particularly if they were seated in his area, but there was never at any point a mob surrounding him or anything, even outside (from what I saw).

I saw that too! (So Mell.... who are you on Russell's forum? :p)

I wish I could say I saw Ewan but I didn't and I was shocked to read that he was there. Honestly, once we sat down until Russell came on, I didn't look anywhere else in the room other than straight ahead because Moz was sitting more or less directly across from me in the opposite corner of the room and facing my direction. Like Mel said the seating was arranged funny, and if I was looking in front of me I was looking at Morrissey who seemed to be looking right back when he was staring straight ahead, which was nice. :p
Claudia, I'm actually not on Russell's forums (...yet!) :D However, I saw that someone described my meeting with Russell there. They said I had a "nervous shaking face" :eek: when I asked him to call my friend to wish her happy birthday (that'd be Scarlet Ibis). I didn't feel like I had a "nervous shaking face" at the time, but I guess I was still shell-shocked from being so close to Morrissey for 2 hrs. To the other fans, it must have seemed like I was petrified to talk to Russell. :o

That's so cool that you got to face Moz all night. What a treat!!! :D As for Ewan, I'm going to just assume it was a case of mistaken identity, because my head might explode if I think too much about that missed opportunity to be in the room with Moz and Ewan at the same time. :doh:

And the flute and the saxophone, as I understand. Clever boy. :guitar:

bluejumpsuit.jpg

Aww! It's my Hamster. :D

Hah hah! :D You go! :guitar:

The ironic thing is that I tend to see myself as that frumpy figure skulking in the halls and spreading gloom, only I'm not as fat as Envy in the piccy above.

"Ewan Macgregor and Morrissey, both fellow Britains..."

That's Britons to you, Hollywoodwire.com! Yeah, I love to nitpick.

JAMES_London.jpg

Nope, I didn't see anyone else there. No Ewan Macgregor, no James May, NO COURTNEY LOVE. Didn't California Mozgirl post an account about seeing a paparazzo who was outside with a viddycam, shooting Courtney Love at the Rainbow Room (next door to the Roxy) and who had no idea Moz was inside the Roxy? Bah! Just proves you can't take the gossip rags seriously.

As for coming back, I didn't go anywhere -- just a little busy with work ;). I'm not going to stop posting just to please some jealous cranks who won't simply ignore me or use the ignore list function.

Nope, I didn't see anyone else there. No Ewan Macgregor, no James May, NO COURTNEY LOVE. Didn't California Mozgirl post an account about seeing a paparazzo who was outside with a viddycam, shooting Courtney Love at the Rainbow Room (next door to the Roxy) and who had no idea Moz was inside the Roxy? Bah! Just proves you can't take the gossip rags seriously.
Mel, Courtney Love WAS there! I saw the pics on flickr and there were multiple sightings that she was there in the booth area--it's just that she's had so much plastic surgery she doesn't look like Courtney Love anymore!!!

Mel, Courtney Love WAS there! I saw the pics on flickr and there were multiple sightings that she was there in the booth area--it's just that she's had so much plastic surgery she doesn't look like Courtney Love anymore!!!

Okay, I stand corrected!

I didn't see any sleb, bar Moz, there. But that doesn't rule out whether they were there or not. I just can't confirm it.

So, what does Courtney Love look like now? Maybe I will be sorry I asked! :eek:

Is anyone going to tomorrow night's gig? I will go again since I already have the ticket, got the night off (scheduled it four weeks in advance) and cannot change my schedule. I'm crossing my fingers Brand will do fresh material. He probably won't, lazy bastard!

If you want to go, look up the tix on Craigslist. They might even have some extras at the door.

I'm surprised no one has discussed this yet. I'm betting this thread will be merged or moved. :p

Anyroad, I saw Morrissey in a booth/table at the Roxy tonight. S. was to his left (shielding him from the hoi polloi as usual), Jesse to his right. Next to Jesse was a dark haired chica who seemed to be with Solomon (I think it was Solomon -- it was pretty dark). I only recognised them because of S.

Moz was wearing a brown (short-sleeved, I think) shirt and tan trousers (again, it was dark). He had a dark suit jacket which he carried folded over one arm when he left. The weather in Hell A has been unseasonably cool this week.

He looked very good. Quiff was very high and well-sculpted. I tried not to stare at him too much. This is funny because on Saturday morning I had a dream about trying not to stare at him too much, that is to not be seen staring too much. In my dream I ended up having to just walk away in order to get that accomplished.

I walked by 3 times, and each time I passed by undetected (I think): 1st time I was walking to my seat (far house left, front row) and noticing that he was there, 2nd time I was coming back from getting a club soda, and 3rd time I had returned from the toilets. He was studiously looking down at the table the last time I walked by. The other times, he was talking to either S or Jesse. I also saw him talking to a very plump brunette. But for most of the night I stared at him with impunity, especially when most eyes were on Brand as he came out after the show to meet people.

Someone asked me if I was gonna say hello to Moz. Nope, I'm not going to bother him while he's out relaxing and enjoying himself...and especially not with S. there. She's scary. She shoved me once at the Hollywood Bowl afterparty as she pushed through the crowd. I gave her a somewhat put-upon look for her rudeness, and she said to no one in particular very brusquely, "I work here!" I wasn't even near Morrissey or trying to get to him. I just stood there like my typical foolish self wondering where my friend C had gone.

Tonight I tried to check Mozzer's reaction to especially dirty bits, but there were lights shining on the front row, so when I turned to look at Moz in the darkness, I was blinded. At one point, I saw that Mozzer's face looked impassive. I wonder if Moz had seen all of this material before. Tonight's show only had one difference or new spot as far as I can remember from the show I saw at the Paul Gleason Theatre last month -- a bit about Michael Jackson. Oh and there was also a new bit about Brand as a young child and how he related to his dad. Brand is funny, but I'm thinking of selling off my ticket for next week's show if he's going to do 95% of the same material. Who does he think he is -- Morrissey in '02?! :p

The music for Brand's entrance was The Last of the Famous International Playboys. At one point, the mic had to be replaced. There seemed to be miles of cord, and so Brand whipped it around saying that he felt like Morrissey. He looked in Mozzer's direction, and it seemed like most of the front row also looked over towards Mozzer's direction and they cheered.

I saw a Latina in the front row, who looks familiar from Moz shows. There was a woman with a Queen Is Dead shirt (maybe in the 2nd row) and a lip piercing. A lot of these people crowded around the aisle in front of the reserved vip area where Moz was seated, but no one got to him. Brand came out to meet and greet people, working his way to the vip area. I was looking out for Claudia2006, but I didn't see her until after I went outside. In the meantime, inside I saw Moz and everyone at his table get up to leave. I thought he was going to hang around and meet Brand, but I guess that's not what happened. I dunno, I was distracted and talking to David Tseng. I wonder if anyone took photos or managed to dodge S. and talk to Moz outside. Saw some guy outside of the Roxy who seemed to be paparazzi scum. He had that half-arsed hipster look combined with fratboy slob look, and he had a handheld viddycam. Well, I wonder.

Does Morrissey know you stalk him?

. I'm crossing my fingers Brand will do fresh material. He probably won't, lazy bastard!

Yes, you'd think the least Russell could do is write a completely new stand up routine every night to make life more interesting for people who go to his gig purely to gawp at Morrissey.

Yes, you'd think the least Russell could do is write a completely new stand up routine every night to make life more interesting for people who go to his gig purely to gawp at Morrissey.

:D exactly

Shut up russell you're ruining my morrissey time

Tags
morrissey russell brand
Back
Top Bottom