Moz at Russell Brand gig tonight

Mel_Torment

Dismember
I'm surprised no one has discussed this yet. I'm betting this thread will be merged or moved. :p

Anyroad, I saw Morrissey in a booth/table at the Roxy tonight. S. was to his left (shielding him from the hoi polloi as usual), Jesse to his right. Next to Jesse was a dark haired chica who seemed to be with Solomon (I think it was Solomon -- it was pretty dark). I only recognised them because of S.

Moz was wearing a brown (short-sleeved, I think) shirt and tan trousers (again, it was dark). He had a dark suit jacket which he carried folded over one arm when he left. The weather in Hell A has been unseasonably cool this week.

He looked very good. Quiff was very high and well-sculpted. I tried not to stare at him too much. This is funny because on Saturday morning I had a dream about trying not to stare at him too much, that is to not be seen staring too much. In my dream I ended up having to just walk away in order to get that accomplished.

I walked by 3 times, and each time I passed by undetected (I think): 1st time I was walking to my seat (far house left, front row) and noticing that he was there, 2nd time I was coming back from getting a club soda, and 3rd time I had returned from the toilets. He was studiously looking down at the table the last time I walked by. The other times, he was talking to either S or Jesse. I also saw him talking to a very plump brunette. But for most of the night I stared at him with impunity, especially when most eyes were on Brand as he came out after the show to meet people.

Someone asked me if I was gonna say hello to Moz. Nope, I'm not going to bother him while he's out relaxing and enjoying himself...and especially not with S. there. She's scary. She shoved me once at the Hollywood Bowl afterparty as she pushed through the crowd. I gave her a somewhat put-upon look for her rudeness, and she said to no one in particular very brusquely, "I work here!" I wasn't even near Morrissey or trying to get to him. I just stood there like my typical foolish self wondering where my friend C had gone.

Tonight I tried to check Mozzer's reaction to especially dirty bits, but there were lights shining on the front row, so when I turned to look at Moz in the darkness, I was blinded. At one point, I saw that Mozzer's face looked impassive. I wonder if Moz had seen all of this material before. Tonight's show only had one difference or new spot as far as I can remember from the show I saw at the Paul Gleason Theatre last month -- a bit about Michael Jackson. Oh and there was also a new bit about Brand as a young child and how he related to his dad. Brand is funny, but I'm thinking of selling off my ticket for next week's show if he's going to do 95% of the same material. Who does he think he is -- Morrissey in '02?! :p

The music for Brand's entrance was The Last of the Famous International Playboys. At one point, the mic had to be replaced. There seemed to be miles of cord, and so Brand whipped it around saying that he felt like Morrissey. He looked in Mozzer's direction, and it seemed like most of the front row also looked over towards Mozzer's direction and they cheered.

I saw a Latina in the front row, who looks familiar from Moz shows. There was a woman with a Queen Is Dead shirt (maybe in the 2nd row) and a lip piercing. A lot of these people crowded around the aisle in front of the reserved vip area where Moz was seated, but no one got to him. Brand came out to meet and greet people, working his way to the vip area. I was looking out for Claudia2006, but I didn't see her until after I went outside. In the meantime, inside I saw Moz and everyone at his table get up to leave. I thought he was going to hang around and meet Brand, but I guess that's not what happened. I dunno, I was distracted and talking to David Tseng. I wonder if anyone took photos or managed to dodge S. and talk to Moz outside. Saw some guy outside of the Roxy who seemed to be paparazzi scum. He had that half-arsed hipster look combined with fratboy slob look, and he had a handheld viddycam. Well, I wonder.

Last edited:
Oooo, I envy you Mel!

You accidentally typed one part of the person's name you tried not to mention. :p
Pity so far no one has posted photos and video footage of earlier jam session with Chrissy and Jeff Beck yet.

Good for you Mel! :guitar: I think you did it right not to bother him on his night out... Can I just ask: who is S.? :confused:

My Moment with Moz...

After being a fan for 23 years I finally got my moment with Moz. Mind you it was not perfect, but I had it.

I spent Saturday creating a birthday card for Morrissey and kept having to redo it because I kept screwing it up. It was finally finished Sunday afternoon. I knew it would be a bit early but I figured at least he would have it if he made an appearance.

I kept scanning the audience for him and just said to my brother- "Keep you eyes open for Morrissey." A few seconds later I hear the girl to my right say the same thing to her friend. I said "Are you guys looking for Morrissey too?" She said to me, "She is..." So naturally she and I bonded immediately and made a pact to let the other know if we saw him. A bit later some girl informed her he was there. As soon as she told me I started to freak out! I was so excited and nervous. I told the girls I had a card for him and they encouraged me to go over to him before the show because he might not stick around. He was in a booth and I was in the front row of Russell's stage area. The booths were separate and in a raised area. I got up my courage after spotting where he sat and I took my card and waited by the railing below the booth and got a woman's attention and asked if she would mind passing that to Morrissey. She said Sure. I waited. I looked at his reaction. He said Something like, "Where did this come from?" He looked over at me. His eyes met mine and I said, "Morrissey..." and waved. He smiled and said, "Hello" I said, "Hi Morrissey!" "That is an early birthday card. " He raised his ear to signify he couldn't hear me so I repeated myself. he nodded and said, 'Thank You." I said "I am really big fan!" Again he nodded and I said, ''I love you!" So cheesy I know but I couldn't seem to help myself. I waved and went back to my seat. He looked so handsome. I just wanted to take him home. I kept looking over at him. When I initially sat down he and the people he sat with all were looking at me. So funny. But that was it. I looked at him so many times as I sat but I didn't want to bother him further and ask for anything more being as his entourage was trying to shield him from the crowd. And since he was in a separate area I couldn't go up there. Wish I has ordered the booth seating. I had brought a CD and a camera but there was no opportunity for pics. Maybe some other time. I stayed and met Russell but after the Morrissey encounter Russell no longer mattered. He was quite funny and signed My "Booky Wook." Morrissey had left earlier I watched him walk out the door. when i finally left a Paparazzi was outside reporting that Courtney Love was in the rainbow room next door. I asked him if he'd seen where Morrissey went. He responded with, 'he was in there?" I said, "Yes..." Duh! how could he have not seen him leaving!! Anyway it was a special moment to me. If only it could have been more. What I wouldn't have given for a hug. Actually I did make a sacrifice as I lost my very expensive glasses at the Roxy. If anyone found a pair of burgundy colored glasses - please let me know!- Laura :)

Last edited:
Re: My Moment with Moz...

Congratulations Laura.
Thanks for sharing your lovely story. :)

Thanks Kewpie! I am still aglow! He is so amazing and to just have his attention for those brief seconds meant so much to my life! If he only knew... Hope he appreciated the card! Ha-ha! I was worried he'd just leave it behind but it was gone when he left. Yeah for Moz!:)

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story, Laura. It really made me smile:)

Your stories are beautiful, thank you for sharing.

I wonder what Morrissey does with the gifts he gets from his fans, someone should ask him about this! If no one has yet.

Forgive me for the cloddishness of this very direct question, but I'm American and I must cut to the chase: who's this Sarah lass -- girlfriend, employee, bodyguard, all-of-the-above?

Re: My Moment with Moz...

After being a fan for 23 years I finally got my moment with Moz. Mind you it was not perfect, but I had it.

I spent Saturday creating a birthday card for Morrissey and kept having to redo it because I kept screwing it up. It was finally finished Sunday afternoon. I knew it would be a bit early but I figured at least he would have it if he made an appearance.

Laura, I am SOOOOOOO happy for you!!!! That bday card...brilliant!!! So glad you got it to him!!! :guitar:

Mel T--thanks for the review!

Thank you for the review Mel!
Out of curiosity...there aren't any photos of 'S' are there? From your description of her, she reminds me of the blonde-haired woman that was with Moz going to Fred Segal's. Same persona? I didn't think so.

And congrats to you CaliforniaMozGirl. :)

Congratulations Mel and Mozgirl. It seems like a weird thing to congratulate someone on but I've felt the feeling "wewereinthesameroomwithhim!!!!" and it is rather invigorating.

I knew I saw Solomon or his identical twin. Thanks for confirming I wasn't seeing things, Mel. :)

When my friend & I walked up & I saw Moz standing by the door my immediate impulse was to run up and throw my arms around him. Somehow I supressed that impulse and just gave him a big grin when I walked in. ;) :D

I'm surprised no one has discussed this yet. I'm betting this thread will be merged or moved. :p

Anyroad, I saw Morrissey in a booth/table at the Roxy tonight. S. was to his left (shielding him from the hoi polloi as usual), Jesse to his right. Next to Jesse was a dark haired chica who seemed to be with Solomon (I think it was Solomon -- it was pretty dark). I only recognised them because of S.

Moz was wearing a brown (short-sleeved, I think) shirt and tan trousers (again, it was dark). He had a dark suit jacket which he carried folded over one arm when he left. The weather in Hell A has been unseasonably cool this week.

He looked very good. Quiff was very high and well-sculpted. I tried not to stare at him too much. This is funny because on Saturday morning I had a dream about trying not to stare at him too much, that is to not be seen staring too much. In my dream I ended up having to just walk away in order to get that accomplished.

I walked by 3 times, and each time I passed by undetected (I think): 1st time I was walking to my seat (far house left, front row) and noticing that he was there, 2nd time I was coming back from getting a club soda, and 3rd time I had returned from the toilets. He was studiously looking down at the table the last time I walked by. The other times, he was talking to either S or Jesse. I also saw him talking to a very plump brunette. But for most of the night I stared at him with impunity, especially when most eyes were on Brand as he came out after the show to meet people.

Someone asked me if I was gonna say hello to Moz. Nope, I'm not going to bother him while he's out relaxing and enjoying himself...and especially not with S. there. She's scary. She shoved me once at the Hollywood Bowl afterparty as she pushed through the crowd. I gave her a somewhat put-upon look for her rudeness, and she said to no one in particular very brusquely, "I work here!" I wasn't even near Morrissey or trying to get to him. I just stood there like my typical foolish self wondering where my friend C had gone.

Tonight I tried to check Mozzer's reaction to especially dirty bits, but there were lights shining on the front row, so when I turned to look at Moz in the darkness, I was blinded. At one point, I saw that Mozzer's face looked impassive. I wonder if Moz had seen all of this material before. Tonight's show only had one difference or new spot as far as I can remember from the show I saw at the Paul Gleason Theatre last month -- a bit about Michael Jackson. Oh and there was also a new bit about Brand as a young child and how he related to his dad. Brand is funny, but I'm thinking of selling off my ticket for next week's show if he's going to do 95% of the same material. Who does he think he is -- Morrissey in '02?! :p

The music for Brand's entrance was The Last of the Famous International Playboys. At one point, the mic had to be replaced. There seemed to be miles of cord, and so Brand whipped it around saying that he felt like Morrissey. He looked in Mozzer's direction, and it seemed like most of the front row also looked over towards Mozzer's direction and they cheered.

I saw a Latina in the front row, who looks familiar from Moz shows. There was a woman with a Queen Is Dead shirt (maybe in the 2nd row) and a lip piercing. A lot of these people crowded around the aisle in front of the reserved vip area where Moz was seated, but no one got to him. Brand came out to meet and greet people, working his way to the vip area. I was looking out for Claudia2006, but I didn't see her until after I went outside. In the meantime, inside I saw Moz and everyone at his table get up to leave. I thought he was going to hang around and meet Brand, but I guess that's not what happened. I dunno, I was distracted and talking to David Tseng. I wonder if anyone took photos or managed to dodge S. and talk to Moz outside. Saw some guy outside of the Roxy who seemed to be paparazzi scum. He had that half-arsed hipster look combined with fratboy slob look, and he had a handheld viddycam. Well, I wonder.

That's me! I guess I look older than I am to be regarded as a woman. I shook Moz's hand as he walked down from the booth he nodded to me and left. It was great. I just stuck out my hand and he shook it.

I also met Russell, before Moz came down. He noticed my shirt and said "yanno Morrissey's here' and I said 'I know, can you help me meet him?' but he said 'maybe later' and left. I got him as he came down and got a picture and told him thank you afterwords and he smiled and said 'Thank you!' and grabbed my face and kissed me on the cheek.

That's me! I guess I look older than I am to be regarded as a woman. I shook Moz's hand as he walked down from the booth he nodded to me and left. It was great. I just stuck out my hand and he shook it.

I also met Russell, before Moz came down. He noticed my shirt and said "yanno Morrissey's here' and I said 'I know, can you help me meet him?' but he said 'maybe later' and left. I got him as he came down and got a picture and told him thank you afterwords and he smiled and said 'Thank you!' and grabbed my face and kissed me on the cheek.

How cool! :D

Tags
morrissey russell brand
Back
Top Bottom