Moz at EMI today

at the risk of getting flamed i'm gonna say the recording in france rumour, is crap. (he may in the future but he hasnt yet)
but THIS, this is good news, should it be true..

*crosses everything*
Moz a chistmas tour would be fab (please) :thumb:

...and as a man crawling across the Sahara will be grateful for any drop of water...*
Thank You Mr.Reynolds for a refreshing drip!
And a warm welcome back I Am A Ghost. I'd thought the Ghost was toast, but no, back he be with his Joycean turn of phrase ~ gnashing, circular idiocies, etc. :thumb:

As for meeting the Man ~ "Kill Uncle Redux" y'say? With a Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix y'say? :yum:
Or an "OK then, go ahead" to the Tim Broad film footage being released on Blu-Ray.
Or perhaps he'll be back on HMV by Christmas...

* apologies to Alan Bennett

Last edited:
The thread called "Morrissey goes Gaga" is more popular than this. it's really disturbing, I guess.

...and as a man crawling across the Sahara will be grateful for any drop of water...*
Thank You Mr.Reynolds for a refreshing drip!
And a warm welcome back I Am A Ghost. I'd thought the Ghost was toast, but no, back he be with his Joycean turn of phrase ~ gnashing, circular idiocies, etc. :thumb:

As for meeting the Man ~ "Kill Uncle Redux" y'say? With a Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix y'say? :yum:
Or an "OK then, go ahead" to the Tim Broad film footage being released on Blu-Ray.
Or perhaps he'll be back on HMV by Christmas...

Yooooouuuuurrrr, pooooorr witness. Crying so loudly on the internet...

The thing that saddens me the most about all this is that I dread the thought of a new album. Absolutely dread it. It wasn't supposed to come to this, me hating the thought of another tour and not wanting to hear his music. :tears:

The thing that saddens me the most about all this is that I dread the thought of a new album. Absolutely dread it. It wasn't supposed to come to this, me hating the thought of another tour and not wanting to hear his music. :tears:

i'll bite.

why?

It could be about releasing deluxe editions of his EMI stuff with bonus songs, live and alternate versions like The Cure have been doing. I remember Stephane mentioning this about EMI doing this. And I think they sent him some stuff to get his opinion."This information applies only to that one project,Rhino. Different projects have been worked on, particularly from EMI's angle, with different track listings"-Stephane

So maybe it will be something like that.

All I hope is that they discuss the new album and NOT reissues, repackage and repackage again....please Mozzer!
Cheers Moz

All I hope is that they discuss the new album and NOT reissues, repackage and repackage again....please Mozzer!
Cheers Moz

I would definitely bite if they contained pretty much the same items as the mooted Rhino remasters from earlier this decade - see below. Though it would not factor into an EMI reissue campaign, I agree with Stephane that it's tragic that the "Legacy Edition" of Southpaw overlooked including any of the Miraval sessions. Rhino was going to do it completely right. I can only fondly and fervidly hope that the remaining Miraval sessions come to light one day.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1261374&postcount=41

at the risk of getting flamed i'm gonna say the recording in france rumour, is crap. (he may in the future but he hasnt yet)
but THIS, this is good news, should it be true..

*crosses everything*
Moz a chistmas tour would be fab (please) :thumb:

Will meet you in the queue wearing a santa hat :thumb:

Morrissey has issues with EMI regarding his back catalogue. It's only just over six months since he issued the following statement:-

"Morrissey would like it to be known that he has not been consulted by EMI/HMV/Parlophone with regards to two forthcoming boxed sets of Morrissey singles. Morrissey does not approve such releases and would ask people not to bother buying them."

Cheers Moz
I would love to hear some older stuff different versions. Judging by the "WDYFOFY" electric, I bet there are some gem's in there.

Last edited:
Interesting news but not necessarily good imho if Morrissey is indeed in talks about signing to them.. Very surprising Moz would consider going back to EMI; especially when EMI's current reputation leaves a lot to be desired judging by the amount of established artists who have recently jumped ship and/or those who are considering leaving. Citing the manner in which the company is now run.

MAybe Moz and EMI need one another? MAybe Moz has exhausted all other possibilities?

Still at least it may mean another album and tour. Lets hope both are slightly stronger than YOR which hasn't stood up to the test of time. (Again my opinion)

This Chile v Spain game is quiter good though! David Villa legend

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom