Moz and teh drugkz

Amy;731487 if Morrissey had done vast quantities of drugs during the Smiths then I would have less respect for his songwriting and his natural talent. [/QUOTE said:

Prozac is a clinical anti-depressant though, as opposed to an illegal drug.

One of the reasons I admire Morrissey so much is because he puts so much genuine emotion into a lot of his songs. He really puts his heart in it, ('Well I Wonder, 'I Know It's Over', 'Come Back to Camden' etc), and that makes the song a lot more sincere in my mind. If Morrissey messed with Class A drugs, it would be easier to assume that the inspiration and quality of the songs stems from the influence of the drug on him (most of the Beatles' post-1965 output is similar), rather than the songs being something he has put a lot of thought into.

Whether Morrissey was drugged up to the eyeballs or not won't stop me enjoying the songs. My main point was the loss of respect. And as time has proved, even without drugs Morrissey can release sub-standard soggy rubbish like 'Roy's Keen' :rolleyes:.

And as time has proved, even without drugs Morrissey can release sub-standard soggy rubbish like 'Roy's Keen' :rolleyes:.

What drugs are you on? "Roy's Keen" is good.

Everyone is afraid to say it, but I'm not... Moz is on the hard stuff. By which, I mean:
new3%20115.jpg

There's photographic proof all over the place... in nearly every candid pic of him, you can see the paraphernalia on the table. Just a simple teacup... it looks so innocent, and yet... :p

Back
Top Bottom