Moz and South Bank!

Stuheff

Sing your Strife
I just got this snippet from my weekly mail that I get from holymoly.co.uk.... sheds a bit of light IF true... And if it isnt it's still Moz related so there.

Hector was the first in the gang with a mike in his hand

Producers of 'The South Bank Show' ran into a bit of trouble when making a programme about asexual, serial misery-guts Morrissey. There was no shortage of people willing to take part and express their (almost exclusively positive) opinions on the singer and his career. Unfortunately, the best friend of Nancy Sinatra stipulated that there be no opinions from music journalists to be aired on the show. After a night's thought, Morrissey came up with another small proviso, which if not followed would mean his withdrawal from the proceedings.

The only people allowed to be interviewed on his glittering career would be the Arctic Monkeys and a very good-looking young male Latino gang from LA.

I just got this snippet from my weekly mail that I get from holymoly.co.uk.... sheds a bit of light IF true... And if it isnt it's still Moz related so there.

Producers of 'The South Bank Show' ran into a bit of trouble when making a programme about asexual, serial misery-guts Morrissey. There was no shortage of people willing to take part and express their (almost exclusively positive) opinions on the singer and his career. Unfortunately, the best friend of Nancy Sinatra stipulated that there be no opinions from music journalists to be aired on the show. After a night's thought, Morrissey came up with another small proviso, which if not followed would mean his withdrawal from the proceedings.

The only people allowed to be interviewed on his glittering career would be the Arctic Monkeys and a very good-looking young male Latino gang from LA.

BLESS HIM.ALWAYS THE DIVA.:D

If it's from HolyMoly then it's bound to be tongue-in-cheek, a phrase which here means "absolute bollocks".

It does seem to confirm that the documentary is dead though:(

Oh Stuheff, you're a crafty cut&paster, you beat me to it!!

Im trying to think of incorporating 'Cut and Paster' into Cockney Rhyming slang... But I cant.

Sounds like it should be though!

(Waster is tooo obvious)

I personally think it's a bit of an honour to have the South Bank Show show an interest in you, i really hope it's not been canned...but i wouldn't be surprised due to Mr Morrissey's very controlling nature. What irks though is he always complains about his lack of media exposure and alas his achievements always going under the radar. In reality he's his own worst enemy as many of his long term fans know...and love to an extent.

Cheers.

Could have been a handy get-out-clause dreamed up by Moz - ie it would be very hard to make the programme without little interviews dispersed throughout. Maybe he didn't like the shape the producers had given the show.

Well the Jarvis Cocker one had hardly any interviews at all. It was more or less all Jarvis, so I doubt this story.

Anyway, anyone who reads Holy Moly knows that very few of their contributors know anything at all about anything. It's a site full of comments from bored office and IT workers.

why do you always have to do that? Oh yeah, it's funny.

This is a complete load of blox.
Yes - the show was shelved, but not for these ridiculous reasons.

If you ask me nicely I might tell you the true story one day.

Back
Top Bottom