'Moz and I' Spanish Morrissey-documentary on Netflix now

New on Netflix this week is this Spanish documentary from 2019, that follows Luis Le Nuit, a DJ and diehard Morrissey fan, exploring his personal evolution and the indie music scene in Barcelona.
Featuring Manuel Ríos of fanzine Morrissey, Drive Me Home and Mikel Erentxun who famously covered The Smiths and Morrissey to a large Spanish-speaking audience, as well as many other current Spanish indie-artist.
A documentary with a particular stong finale.

Trailer (2016):

An anonymous person also notes it is on Netflix in Europe / UK but not US yet.

UPDATE June 6:

This Charming Bowie posted the link of the film trailer now on Morrissey Central:

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/film

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks quite good. I like the French and German documentaries. Quite looking forward to this. What would have been good is taking a look at the knock on effect from the "cancel Morrissey " movement and how its effecting the fans, maybe that's covered who knows
Thats the thing, people like Skinny Forget. M may not always live up to the M image but he is still a "living sign" and that is a beautiful thing
He is still a symbol of being true, even if he isn't always true of him. Thats why he remains

I remember Manuel from the '92 tour. Top man. I imagine he's on here *waving if so*

New on Netflix this week is this Spanish documentary from 2019, that follows Luis Le Nuit, a DJ and diehard Morrissey fan, exploring his personal evolution and the indie music scene in Barcelona.
Featuring Manuel Ríos of fanzine Morrissey, Drive Me Home and Mikel Erentxun who famously covered The Smiths and Morrissey to a large Spanish-speaking audience, as well as many other current Spanish indie-artist.
A documentary with a particular stong finale.

Trailer (2016):

An anonymous person also notes it is on Netflix in Europe / UK but not US yet.

Watched today. The beginning and end are quite interesting, the middle section is zzzzzz, but overall worth a look.

This looks quite good. I like the French and German documentaries. Quite looking forward to this. What would have been good is taking a look at the knock on effect from the "cancel Morrissey " movement and how its effecting the fans,

It would have touched on that if the film writers wanted it to be topical, but all things of that nature pass, and Morrissey and the art that is Morrissey and the understanding of him by most and that love is eternal.

maybe that's covered who knows
Thats the thing, people like Skinny Forget. M may not always live up to the M image but he is still a "living sign" and that is a beautiful thing
He is still a symbol of being true, even if he isn't always true of him. Thats why he remains

The only thing worse than Morrissey is Morrissey fans. :sick:
Yes and what problem is there? I'm a disgusting Morrissey fan, I stink Morrissey everywhere, I'm soaked in Morrissey, it shows all over my face!!!!!!!! :blush: :crazy::lbf::tiphat::tiphat::highfive:

So, is the focus and Morrissey and his Spanish fans or on the indie scene in Barcelona? I have absolutely no interest in the latter.

So, is the focus and Morrissey and his Spanish fans or on the indie scene in Barcelona? I have absolutely no interest in the latter.
There is a fairly long section covering the music scene, nearly switched off but stuck it out. Picks up again towards the end.

most documentaries have a lull at some point.
the only thing worse than M fans is people pretending to be M fans.

If anyone canceled woke Netflix like I did, you can get this on Amazon Prime for .99
Why turn this into a political jab or commentary? Netflix is airing the M documentary — a film about loving an artist who’s been deemed by many as the opposite of woke. And they’ve stood behind Dave Chapelle and his art, when so-called “woke” individuals have called for him to be cancelled.

Just cancelled Netfix, is uncleskinny still posting like a creature from the yorkshire moors ..
Poor Kathy Burke & Billy Bragg, Harry Hill, all gone to seed, never trust the establishment peeps.

most documentaries have a lull at some point.
the only thing worse than M fans is people pretending to be M fans.
How do you differentiate? I'm not trying to stir the pot or be combative.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom