Moz and Chrissie Hynde

• Thread starter Seasick Boyracer
  • Start date
S

Seasick Boyracer

Hi there... Something crossed my mind and I just thought I'd see what you guys think... Since Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders sang backup with Moz on his "My Love Life", does anybody know the nature of their relationship? In a recent issue of Q, she also mentions him as not being a "singer's singer", whatever that might mean... She also duetted with Johnny Marr live on "Meat is Murder", plus the Pretenders' new album is called "Viva El Amor!" (could it be intended as a satirical contrast to "Viva Hate"?)...

> Hi there... Something crossed my mind and I just thought I'd see¿ what you guys think... Since Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders¿ sang backup with Moz on his "My Love Life", does¿ anybody know the nature of their relationship? In a recent issue¿ of Q, she also mentions him as not being a "singer's¿ singer", whatever that might mean... She also duetted with¿ Johnny Marr live on "Meat is Murder", plus the¿ Pretenders' new album is called "Viva El Amor!" (could¿ it be intended as a satirical contrast to "Viva¿ Hate"?)...
Not to mention the cover she did of Everyday Is Like Sunday... I am curious as well...

> Not to mention the cover she did of Everyday Is Like Sunday... I¿ am curious as well...
---------
She and Moz are kindred spirits in a lot of ways.

And Morrisey has covered The Kinks' "Harry Rag" in concert; Chrissie Hynde was, of course, married to Ray Davies.

The plot thickens...

Re: Moz and Chrissie Hynde and blah blah blah

> Hi there... Something crossed my mind and I just thought I'd see¿ what you guys think... Since Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders¿ sang backup with Moz on his "My Love Life", does¿ anybody know the nature of their relationship? In a recent issue¿ of Q, she also mentions him as not being a "singer's¿ singer", whatever that might mean... She also duetted with¿ Johnny Marr live on "Meat is Murder", plus the¿ Pretenders' new album is called "Viva El Amor!" (could¿ it be intended as a satirical contrast to "Viva¿ Hate"?)...

well they were lovers in a past life........

oh and the comment about not being a "singer's singer" is taken out of context..... I remember that it was a compliment.... something along the lines of " he is a great singer... he isn't a singer's singer like blah blah blah, but more like blah blah blah; hehe manipulates his voice in many ways to make it interesting"

Back
Top Bottom