Movies Mozza loves

Cuddle

Please hug me
Is there a list anywhere of all the films Morrissey has expressed admiration for or quoted from? Off the top of my head I can think of A Taste of Honey, Billy Liar, Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, Room at the Top, and Love Me or Leave Me.

If a list doesn't already exist somewhere, please add to this one. Let's see how many we can come up with. :eek:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=63099

from above thead, following films are added:

Brighton Rock
Eight O'clock Walk
The Cockleshell Heroes
Billy Budd
The Leather Boys
The Collector
The Family Way
The L-Shaped Room
Orphee
Accatone
Mamma Roma
The Damned
The Leopard
L'insoumis
Flesh
Trash
Heat
Woman in Revolt
Withnail and I
Romper Stomper
Late Marriage

two more from true-to-you.com "questions and answers"
" Q:

What are some of your favorite classic films or recent ones you've seen?

Mary Pluenneke
Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

A:

hello Mary
My favourite in the last few years has been Late Marriage starring Lior Ashkenazi. It's one of those rare films wherein the entire cast is excellent, and the film is powerful without one single special effect or any sound trickery. Lior Ashkenazi more recently starred in Walk On Water, which is also worth seeing."

On other thread Dougal quoted an interview in 1994, Morrissey admitted he cried watching "Jane Eyre" and "The Wuthering Heights" on TV, the first film versions I guess. I reckon that he loves watching most of the films shot in 1930s and 40s.

In addition to the above list:

The Lambeth Boys
Theolem

Bareback road trip on gaytorrents.net, made me spew my spuds over the 50 inch tv in seconds

I read in an interview that he's a massive fan of Road trip, but wasn't as impressed with the pseudo sequel Euro Trip.

maybe you got him confused with somebody else....that's like saying he's a big fan of Porky's.

maybe you got him confused with somebody else....that's like saying he's a big fan of Porky's.

No, he shot Porky's down, said it was derivitive and boring. He did comment that he thought Dude, where's my car was very good, and that Going overboard with Adam Sandler was "just ok".

Make up your own mind here -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Going-Overb.../ref=sr_1_2/026-9942419-1566825?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

He even left a review, under the name A Viewer..... presumably to avoid all the press attention that he's bound to get any time he does anything. He does worry about that you know.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh my, Kewpie, quite a list! And mar(y?)2d2 I love his answer to that question, that film sounds very enticing to me now. Thanks, you two. :)

That film got a lot of good reviews world-wide, God knows why. The acting really is superb, but the script - eh. Walk on Water is better, though not great either. As I already stated once, I think Moz has a crush on Lior Ashkenazi that may have impaired his judgement a little ;) .

In addition to above, " Dance with a Stranger"
He wanted to use some scenes for Interlude video, so I assume he llikes it.

I found The Collector so depressing to read I couldn't finish it. I can't bring myself to see the film.

That film got a lot of good reviews world-wide, God knows why. The acting really is superb, but the script - eh. Walk on Water is better, though not great either. As I already stated once, I think Moz has a crush on Lior Ashkenazi that may have impaired his judgement a little ;) .
Oh, well, we know why the movie got such good reviews despite it being so bad, according to the greatest and most objective of all critics (i.e. you), don't we? All those reviewers had a crush on Lior Ashkenazi that may have impaired their judgements... :rolleyes:

In addition to above, " Dance with a Stranger"
He wanted to use some scenes for Interlude video, so I assume he llikes it.

I thought he meant to use scenes from "Yield To The Night", the Diana Dors movie inspired by the Ruth Ellis case? At least that's what someone said some time ago on this forum. :confused:

Anyway, there's a big chance that he did like "Dance With a Stranger", at least I would expect him to, since 1) it's written by Shelagh Delaney, 2) it's about Ruth Ellis, and 3) it is great IMO.

"Dance With a Stranger" scenes were used in the unofficial video that a fan made for "Interlude" (which is in circulation on P2P networks).

What about "Loneliness of the long distance Runner"

A boy has nothing going for him except the ability to run. He is selected to compete against a public school and starts a training programme, during which he relives his troubled past and plans how to show his contempt for authority.

Remind you of anybody?

A rendition of "Jerusalem" in the film was used for the opening credits of "Introducing Morrissey" live video.

I've now noticed nobody has mentioned "Sleuth". He probably liked it, but in any case he nicked the line 'jumped-up pantry boy' from it. :)

You are correct young man, that line was uttered to or by Michael Caine, I can't remember which.

During an as yet unpublished interview with Boz Boorer for Q it is revealed that Moz was apparently a big fan of Alien Vs Predator.

You are correct young man, that line was uttered to or by Michael Caine, I can\'t remember which.

During an as yet unpublished interview with Boz Boorer for Q it is revealed that Moz was apparently a big fan of Alien Vs Predator.

The line Caine uttered in Sleuth was \"A jumped up pantry boy who never knew his place\" .... Quite apt for you I would have thought Mr cute.

You are correct young man, that line was uttered to or by Michael Caine, I can't remember which.

erm... young man?????? :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom