most prized Smiths Moz item?

ALLIE WALLS

I dont know if this thread has been done before? i wondered what peoples most treasured items are?
Mines a fully signed this charming man 7" single because this was the first song i heard Morrissey sing back in the day and have been hooked ever since

Alan

To many to list, but guess the thing that makes me smile most is a recording from Brixton 95 where he changed the words from you're the one for me fatty to Libby. One of the best moments in my Moz history.

Ah good times, my ageing memory thought it was Croydon - but Brixton is much better. It was certainly south of Penrith,

I think I was but one (so to speak) next to you Libby and the entire front rows erupted!

Good times, I cannot remember him being that playful with names, people and song lyrics since,

How's the hair these days Libby?

Darren - oop north.

Can I have 3 most prized possessions?

In no particular order:

BBC Transcription LP of the Oxford Apollo gig in March 1985 - because it took me so long to find, and when I did find it, it was such a fluke. Widely available as a bootleg, but mine is the real deal, 'borrowed' at some point in its past from a BBC studio, somewhere :)

Promo board for Strangeways - made for major HMV stores, mine was used in Market St, Manchester store. It uses an altered version of the back cover
140177568651.jpg

Fully signed cassette for the Queen Is Dead - signed by all 5 Smiths. Doubly special becaise I bought it as a fundraiser for the lads club (sorry about the size, it's a link to vulgarpicture.com)
hi_1986_thequeenisdeadtape_signed_uk_3.jpg

I shudder to think how much these three items cost me...:crazy:

The oddest prized possession that I have is a signed promo for Everyday is Like Sunday - signed by Boz Boorer. I'd just bought it at a record fair, when I bumped into Boz, it was the only thing I had on me for him to sign, he looked at me kind of funny and said "But I didn't play on this"... but I insisted :)

Dave

Hi i am unable to get my pics up her for some reason and they re just a few mb so i ve put them on flckr heres the link,i got this charming man off ebay for about 150 pounds about 5 yrs ago and the fatty 12" from the legendary Bruce Duff for 55 pounds. He offered me a load of rough trade posters at the time for a v.good price but im not into posters so i declined wish id got them now though

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39469515@N02/?saved=1

Alan

Last edited:
Hi i am unable to get my pics up her for some reason and they re just a few mb so i ve put them on flckr heres the link,i got this charming man off ebay for about 150 pounds about 5 yrs ago and the fatty 12" from the legendary Bruce Duff for 55 pounds. He offered me a load of rough trade posters at the time for a v.good price but im not into posters so i declined wish id got them now though

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39469515@N02/?saved=1

Alan

That Charming Man is beautiful.
I hope you have it nicely framed!

I dont know if this thread has been done before? i wondered what peoples most treasured items are?
Mines a fully signed this charming man 7" single because this was the first song i heard Morrissey sing back in the day and have been hooked ever since

Alan

Maladjusted/Viva Hate cd cover sleeves signed by the man himself. They WILL NEVER leave my possession. I've been offered $1,000 for them, and refuse to sell them. Abrahan was with me, when I got 1 of them signed, and Chrsi from Ambtious Outsiders was with me when the other was.

I have the originals of two hand-written letters by Morrissey from end 1983/beginning of 1984, including envelopes and stamps, and there's another Morrissey envelope containing a "What diff...." poster to which he refers in one of the above letters. All of these he sent to a "Patsy T", who was so nice as to sell them to me a couple of years ago. :)

I have the originals of two hand-written letters by Morrissey from end 1983/beginning of 1984, including envelopes and stamps, and there's another Morrissey envelope containing a "What diff...." poster to which he refers in one of the above letters. All of these he sent to a "Patsy T", who was so nice as to sell them to me a couple of years ago. :)

Yes, me too Walkers. I have the envelope (which he personally addressed!), postcard, badge and promo postcard for "The Smiths" album, that Morrissey sent her way back when.

However, since then I was lucky to meet him in Liverpool this year and he signed a CD cover I had with me and addressed his autograph to Sue, so I think this has possibly taken over now as my most favourite item :):)

Ah good times, my ageing memory thought it was Croydon - but Brixton is much better. It was certainly south of Penrith,

I think I was but one (so to speak) next to you Libby and the entire front rows erupted!

Good times, I cannot remember him being that playful with names, people and song lyrics since,

How's the hair these days Libby?

Darren - oop north.

Hello sweetart, Your memory cells are more in tuned than mine that is for sure as it was indeed Croydon. Good times indeed and fond memories even if a little hazy. As for my hair due to the abuse it received over the years it blends a little in to the back ground.nowadays. Hope you are well my darlin and who knows maybe front row centre stage again some day although realistically it will be by the bar. mwah x

....My (autographed by Morrissey) VHS of "Hulmerist" which I won in a competitoin from "Sounds" magazine......Plus, "Fat Pats" autographed arm......
and Mike Joyce's "Queen is dead" USA Tour "Access all area " pass, which I bid against MYSELF for at the Smiths Convention charity auction, 1990, In manchester ( YUP!! I WUZ Drunkled....)
And my piece of "Embassy No #1" Cigarette packet, signed by Morrissey,(...from the aforementioned "Fat Pat" Arm incident......ahh, ya hadda be there...The Full Story was posted elsewhere on here, ages ago...).

Yes, me too Walkers. I have the envelope (which he personally addressed!), postcard, badge and promo postcard for "The Smiths" album, that Morrissey sent her way back when.

However, since then I was lucky to meet him in Liverpool this year and he signed a CD cover I had with me and addressed his autograph to Sue, so I think this has possibly taken over now as my most favourite item :):)

That's fantastic :). I'm glad the postcard went to a good home!
Congrats on your Liverpool autograph - I've never met the man to get anything signed to myself. :tears:

Im just bumping this and also showing off some of my collection
but what the hell!!

Alan

Heres the link and if anyone knows of a HAG single fully signed then please let me know. I got all of them off ebay apart from the boy with the thorn and that was from mike at morrissey madness at the extorianate price of 250 pounds 4 yrs ago Andy Rourkes sig is at the bottom left but faded and he signed the heaven knows twice. Heaven knows why?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39469515@N02/?deleted=3999591646

Hey Libby,

What about being in the "Will Never Marry" video? That really has to rank up there? I too remember him singing "You're the one for me, LIBBY" I will vouch for you.

Alan
Your Fatty is just brilliant - very jealous

3977885357_0ef22d11fa.jpg

Dave

Im just bumping this and also showing off some of my collection
but what the hell!!

Alan

Heres the link and if anyone knows of a HAG single fully signed then please let me know. I got all of them off ebay apart from the boy with the thorn and that was from mike at morrissey madness at the extorianate price of 250 pounds 4 yrs ago Andy Rourkes sig is at the bottom left but faded and he signed the heaven knows twice. Heaven knows why?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39469515@N02/?deleted=3999591646

Hey Libby,

What about being in the "Will Never Marry" video? That really has to rank up there? I too remember him singing "You're the one for me, LIBBY" I will vouch for you.

Indeed, what was even better though was being paid to spend 20 mins in a room with Morrissey 5 of those spent talking just Moz and I the contents of that conversation still in my diary. That fee managed to get me a meal and travel to the next few gigs...Happy days.

Back
Top Bottom