Morten Harket on meeting Morrissey and covering The Sun Always Shines (new NME interview - September 2, 2022)

At a 2004 gig in Norway, which musician introduced himself as ‘Morten’ before singing his own, lyrically-altered snippet of A-ha’s ‘The Sun Always Shines on T.V.’?

MH: “The main guy who’s been vocal about A-ha is obviously Chris Martin from Coldplay, but that’s not who you’re looking for here?”
NME: WRONG. It’s Morrissey.
MH: “[Laughs] That would have been a treat to hear. I met Morrissey in New Orleans briefly in the ‘80s. He’s a brilliant musician and writer, and I’d have a coffee with him any time if the chance happens!”

www.nme.com/features/music-interviews/a-ha-morten-harket-masked-singer-pet-shop-boys-3301940

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not into guys but MH was a fine specimen of a man back in the 80's. Still is really.

1662145949791.jpeg

At a 2004 gig in Norway, which musician introduced himself as ‘Morten’ before singing his own, lyrically-altered snippet of A-ha’s ‘The Sun Always Shines on T.V.’?

MH: “The main guy who’s been vocal about A-ha is obviously Chris Martin from Coldplay, but that’s not who you’re looking for here?”
MH: “[Laughs] That would have been a treat to hear. I met Morrissey in New Orleans briefly in the ‘80s. He’s a brilliant musician and writer, and I’d have a coffee with him any time if the chance happens!”

www.nme.com/features/music-interviews/a-ha-morten-harket-masked-singer-pet-shop-boys-3301940
Handsome AF is Morten, was then, is now
A-HA are one of those bands who's biggest hit took them over in someways.
Their music is great and Morten is a wonderful singer. Lots of my friends kids love A-HA , which is nice to see (my son who is a Hip Hop person even likes them)
Its f***ing great Morten is saying nice things about M, as I expect the NME were hoping for hin to say something nasty.
I do not read the NME, I wonder were the nice words in bold print or hidden in the article? You bet you fecking ass, if he said something nasty it would be upfront and centre . I hope M see's this and they meet for tea.
Didn't Morten once say M got a boner when they met? ( if that tattooed thing , reads this Its not gossip I seam to remember someone saying it, I can't fecking remember if it was Morten or not)

No you wouldn't Morten. You're an environmentalist, remember? Lemme take you back to 1991...

You're a Virgo Morten. Virgos have no time for cappucinos with clowns.

Unless you want to discuss solar panels ( which we now know pose their own problems), with the California son, but he might not follow everything you say, he'll just stare and drool. Then he'll ask you if you know A.M.Waters.
You'll think he'll want to talk about water.
He'll drool some more...:oops:

I'll buy you and Pål coffee anytime you want.

I’ve always imagined Mozz singing‘I’ve been loosing you’ is it only me that hears his voice singing that song??

Ahhh Morten from. a-ha. He still ageless and handsome. And a solid voice Com to NYC. Soon A-ha. 😘

Who votes that Moz should do a cover of 'Take on me' and follow up with a load of Euro centric songs on an album entitled 'European Rainfall'? I'd give it a listen.

Nope...just me then.

From the autobiography…

While in Denver,” writes Morrissey, “Johnny [Marr] and I attend a concert by A-ha, whom we have met previously and whom we quite like.”

It’s nigh on criminal that Morrissey hasn’t been offered a Bond song. But I understand themes are out of the hands of the producers?

As I recall Morrissey loves Moonraker by Bassey? Originally wrote for Sinatra. It’s a truly beautiful song.

Related item:
Coffee? Yeah, right.

Didn't Morten once say M got a boner when they met? ( if that tattooed thing , reads this Its not gossip I seam to remember someone saying it, I can't fecking remember if it was Morten or not)
I'm not sure but I think it came from a translated interview, and it wasn't clear whether Morten had said it or just that the translation was wrong. It will be in the archives here somewhere. Who has tattoos?

There are just some guys, like Morten Harket, who are undeniably ridiculously good looking, you aren't gay just because you notice. I applaud all the brave men in this thread for coming forward and confirming this.

Related item:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom