MorrisseyTour.Com

Comtesse

Starved Of Mirth
I just noticed that the domain MorrisseyTour.Com expired on 8/17. Does anyone know if the site is kaput? I know it hasn't been updated in forever, but that was a great repository of info on past tours and it would be a shame for it to fade into Smithistory along with other sorely missed sites like Morrissey In Glasses. ;)

heh- "smithistory", clever. :)

I have no idea about the website though. It would be a shame, but as long as the information's out there somewhere.... If mozwa ended up on a poster for the shows, I'd say that'd be our best bet for future news?

Earlier today, on an unrelated issue, I sent the girl who mainly ran the site an email and it was returned undelivered. I just called her and her number is incorrect. A, are you ok?

This site was originally ran by a group of American girls including the rather attractive K*****. It was rumoured that the site was not always popular within the Moz camp and this perhaps disheartened all but one of the girls who ran it. In time, I believe it became just one American girl, who was then living in London that maintained it. When she moved from student life to working life, she had less time to devote to it. The final straw may have been when the site was hacked and held to ransom.

The Scottish dog guy. LOL

It was rumoured that the site was not always popular within the Moz camp and this perhaps disheartened all but one of the girls who ran it.

That was my impression as well. How sad! Those girls did a great job with the site, and they were certainly devoted in attending shows all over the place, posting reviews, photos, etc.

I wonder how DavidT keeps from getting discouraged after putting so much work into this site and getting snark for his efforts from The Man.

That was my impression as well. How sad! Those girls did a great job with the site, and they were certainly devoted in attending shows all over the place, posting reviews, photos, etc.

I wonder how DavidT keeps from getting discouraged after putting so much work into this site and getting snark for his efforts from The Man.

I`m loathe to criticise my hero but this is true.Without DavidT`s efforts Morrissey would certainly be less celebrated than he is now. It always amazes me how many guests are lurking on here-way more than any other music forum i`ve been on.

Not to stoke the fires (not that it takes much here ;) ), but I think there might've been a little reason that Moz and co. didn't like Morrisseytour. For one thing, some of the reviews were, ah, shall we say, less than glowing.

And when I first became a big fan, I basically read the whole site, SO, I do have an opinion about the whole thing... Want to know what I think? (SURE you do!) :D

Again, this is purely my take on things, but a big part of the problem, I think, is that they seemed to reveal a bit too much at times, things that were better left forgotten.

I don't know... Well, actually I do. Ok, they were in an enviable position on that first tour they all went on, right? Maybe they didn't have an all-access pass to Moz himself, but they weren't doing too badly.

Now, I know that if I were in that position, I would give my synopsis of the concert -- ya know, some interesting details, Moz stage chatter, etc., and, other than that, I would keep my mouth shut. Period. It's about respect for the man and for the people he depends on, I think.

However, as nice personally as a couple of the girls are (and they are), they did not do that, and I know hindsight is 20/20 and all that, blah, blah, but I feel that they revealed a bit too much -- hell, they basically told every detail of everything. (Again, I believe it's okay, occasionally, to share a few positive, innocuous things about an encounter you've had -- I've done that, myself -- but that's not what this was.)

Another thing that I always wondered about was how they would just talk absolute sh*t about people at times, sometimes shockingly so. I mean, was it really necessary to speak so negatively of Julia? She is a nice lady, and, as far as I know, never says a word against anybody, period. So was it really good karma to speak that way about her? My peeps say nah.

So, overall, I think it was that their collective fall from grace was probably because:
a) they gave more than a few negatively-vibed reviews, b) loose lips sink ships, especially in Morrisseyland, and c) they talked smack about Jules, one of the most loyal fans evah.

That's why I think the honeymoon ended for them. Still, parts of it were a good resource. Maybe it could be rehabbed -- who knows...?

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure the morrisseytour girls, at least the ones i know, are keeping the site in their past.

Musings, what do you mean by "they seemed to reveal a bit too much at times, things that were better left forgotten" ? I don't recall reading personal stuff about Moz or the folks who worked for him. Hell, it's been a few years though, I could have forgotten.

I wish the MorrisseyTour ladies well in their "recovery" as one of them put it. Maybe sometimes it's best not to meet your idols.

Musings, some very good points. I enjoyed the site and will miss it (they were very witty, well-spoken ladies!), but I can understand that things change. . .I'm sure they had their reasons for letting it go.

--jeniphir

Back
Top Bottom