Morrissey's World Blogspot: who is the actual author?

Re: Morrissey's May Have Another Surprise Tonight...

The blog predicted he'd strip to the waist and he did 2 days later. That's incontrovertible evidence. Also he promised to strip again at the Palladium and said there would be another clue. He said "welcome to my world" which means 'Welcome to Morrissey's World' and is a reference to the Justin Bieber live DVD review posted on the blog 3 or 4 days prior. When I heard he'd said that, it confirmed he is indeed the author.

This means he WILL be wearing a Bieber t-shirt soon. I wonder if we'll be able to buy them at his gigs? A sudden sales boom in XXL Bieber t-shirts might be just around the corner...

Guardian review of London Palladium - mentions morrisseysworld blog

David has chosen to hide away a superb review of Morrissey's London show, mentioning the latest Bieber-related issues and morrisseysworld.blogspot, burying it on a thread about the London palladium.

Remember when concert reviews used to merit threads of their own?

The poor dear is probably frightened of legal action.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/aug/14/morrissey-london-palladium-review

Morrisseysworld says it has now replaced so-low as Moz news website Amazing essays to

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com has announced today that it has replaced morrissey-solo as Morrissey's number 1 unofficial news site. The site now posts news and allows discussion exactly like Morrissey-solo, only without the trolls. Please take a look if you don't believe me.

The twin aims of the site are: To replace Morrissey-solo as Morrissey's neumber 1 unofficial news site and to destroy Morrissey solo!!

Looking at the site, I do think it has everything it needs to succeed, and more importantly they edit comments that are a total waste of space. It's basically morrissey solo with decent moderation and a lack of bitterness. They're also promising exclusive plans regarding the US tour to be announced on morrisseysworld later.

Full details of the US tour to follow on morrisseysworld.

Interesting development. The site says 'phase 1 is over' and says it is no longer a satire site but a news site. Seems like they just used the controversy to publicise the site.

Site then thanks Julia and promises more developments soon which will bring the so-lowers flocking over and cause this site to 'wilt and die.'

It looks like Morrissey solow is not for this world for very much longer. Morrisseysworld items already get more comments than so-low items and soon they'll probably get more traffic too.

Re: Morrisseysworld says it has now replaced so-low as Moz news website Amazing essay

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com has announced today that it has replaced morrissey-solo as Morrissey's number 1 unofficial news site. The site now posts news and allows discussion exactly like Morrissey-solo, only without the trolls. Please take a look if you don't believe me.

The twin aims of the site are: To replace Morrissey-solo as Morrissey's neumber 1 unofficial news site and to destroy Morrissey solo!!

Looking at the site, I do think it has everything it needs to succeed, and more importantly they edit comments that are a total waste of space. It's basically morrissey solo with decent moderation and a lack of bitterness. They're also promising exclusive plans regarding the US tour to be announced on morrisseysworld later.

Interesting development. The site says 'phase 1 is over' and says it is no longer a satire site but a news site. Seems like they just used the controversy to publicise the site.

Site then thanks Julia and promises more developments soon which will bring the so-lowers flocking over and cause this site to 'wilt and die.'

It looks like Morrissey solow is not for this world for very much longer. Morrisseysworld items already get more comments than so-low items and soon they'll probably get more traffic too.

I forgot to mention there's an astonishing essay on the site - by whom I don't know. Before you rant at me, this is highly news-wrothy just for being a superb essay. It's one of the best things I've ever read about Morrissey regardless of its authorship. No mention of it on the morrissey solo front page, which is shocking.

Here's a sample of the essay:

"The joy of music is that it allows one to dream, which in turn allows one to find that grain of hope. Hope is not a moral; it is a life-force. A good song is as abstract as a dream or nightmare, tethered to reality by frayed threads, liable to snap at any given moment. The song drags one out of bed, it pushes one back into bed and it fills the short period in between. The song – to the true lover of music – is birth, death, and that other part we bravely call ‘life.’ Most people cannot live. They are immobilized: by the fear of rejection, by the self-loathing they endure, by a slim conviction that they are unable to love another; and more than anything else by a crippling sense of devaluation imposed by this world on all of us, unless we fit the idealized notion of what a human being should – these days, must - be. These poor souls shuffle, mumble and crumble through the years like shadows. I knew very, very early on that I was one of those souls.

Well, what could I do? I could spend my life with the shadows, pretending to live: a man with a life-sentence to serve, which never quite materializes. Or I could transform myself into a symbol and give up entirely on real life, as they call it. The song becomes the living; the singing becomes the life; the haircut becomes the material body – fading over the years but never quite leaving. And I began just then to write about life the way it really is. I began to write songs for those who cannot live – which is almost everybody. At least in England it is. While the rest of the world at least attempts to live life, we English apologise and queue politely. This – girls and boys – is why we’re so good at the old art thing. Art is nothing but a survival instinct for the English."

Considering the nonsense this site puts on its front page, that is quite news-worthy.

Also might add this is not a continuation of the debate about 'who is the author.' The site seems to be backing away from claiming to be Morrissey. This is news that Morrissey solo's days are numbered and there's a superior news site out there now which will also posts artistic contributions by morrissey fans, current affairs items and some satirical stuff like it used to post about 'Aunty Mozzer.'

Do enjoy.

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

Re: Morrisseysworld says it has now replaced so-low as Moz news website Amazing essay

By announcing that you are out to destroy another site makes the person running the site a troll.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope, for the sake of consistency that they will allow posts on their site criticising it and hoping for its destruction, otherwise that would be the height of hypocrisy, wouldn't it? The irony of David allowing a platform for this kind of post is plain to see.

P.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope, for the sake of consistency that they will allow posts on their site criticising it and hoping for its destruction, otherwise that would be the height of hypocrisy, wouldn't it? The irony of David allowing a platform for this kind of post is plain to see.

P.

I don't see any irony. It's a new site without trolls. Isn't that a good thing?

I don't see any irony. It's a new site without trolls. Isn't that a good thing?

So will there be posts allowed calling for the destruction of the site and criticising it or not? If the answer is yes, then terrific. If the answer is no, then as I say above, it is the height of hypocrisy to then post on the platform allowed here and call for this site's destruction when not carrying out the same policy on their own.

P.

EDIT - and that's not a very auspicious start you have there. Nicking that Dermot O'Leary story from here. You could have at least taken your own photo, instead of nicking it directly from here. Unless of course you took the same photo from the same angle, and you have the exact same coloured tablecloth as I do. If you're going to do this on a routine basis, at least you could credit the source.

Last edited:

Hey Roadhog, whats wrong with this Morrissey-solo site?
I'm quite new to it but have followed a couple of threads that seem reasonable enough. The fact that it has allowed your thread surely shows a degree of openness considering your wish to see this website off the net.
So what if Morrissey doesn't like Morrissey-solo. He's a pop star not a dictator.

Good lord. That essay. Nauseatingly swollen and rambling clunky prose. Pretentious and desperate to appear artful.

So because of that it could have been written by Moz! Or James Maker. A best friend back on the payroll?

Last edited:

Road Hog, AKA Morrissey: why even bother posting on this site if you despise it so much? It's a strange way to go about things: denouncing the blog twice & then overnight blessing it with unwarranted significance. It's all rather boring. What I like about this site is the opinions are varied. Real people actually post their thoughts on here, rather than you & your wench Julia fabricating fans on your crappy blog. That is the sole reason why the comments are more plentiful there rather than here.

Morrissey, AKA Road Hog: as a subject you are, to use a favourite word of yours, dreary. This site is magnificent because your actual fans happen to be rather brilliant people. If you are the cause of this it is entirely accidental. Your acolytes have surpassed you, it's a beautiful thing to witness.

I'm starting to believe David T. could really have been anybody. He was merely a pawn for you to acquire infantile press. His downright decency, during that particular puerile low of yours (where you crassly had him ejected from the concert) was staggering. He's more of a gentleman than you could ever even desire to be. Weekly you have little, insignificant, one-sided wars with people who could care less about you. Kitty Empire is the latest. You know what the stupidest thing is Morrissey? She actually had a favourable review of your concert. It's absolute idiocy, all of it!

Peter said it best below: make a bloody album & keep all your delusions of grandeur contained. Self-adulation is utterly uninteresting. You are not a website designer. You do not know how to write a proper blog. Oh right, how about that f***ing album again? That is all anybody really wants from you.

Beyonce has brilliant music but would she be arrogant or ignorant enough to assume people would want to read an exhaustingly-long & self-absorbed blog of hers? No. She does her job & shuts up in the meantime. I've seen both you and her at Glastonbury: she has more talent for performance than you ever had, or could hope to have. She actually gives a shit about her fans and holds them in high regard. For she is knowledgeable & intelligent enough to realize she is nothing without them. Would she ever bitch about them, or go to war with them, as you constantly do? No. That's why the length of her career will dwarf yours. She respects her fans. You most certainly do not. Even Justin Bieber, the boy you fancy so much & possibly met at a North American Man/Boy Love Association event, manages himself with more aplomb than you do.

What we are witnessing is the ever-frugal Morrissey, disguised as Road Hog (to name only one username amongst the many he flaunts), using the website David T. generously finances to flog his tiresome blog. A blog whose primary purpose seems to be a whinging platform for how much Morrissey loathes this very site: the one he has an obsession with and, more importantly, the one he is always on. The same generosity David T. bestows, especially regarding freedom of ideas, he would never adhere to. Yes, I'd rather spend my time on a site where Morrissey is only praised, because he is entirely without faults. Oh, please! The patheticness of it all is infinite. He can make fun of an amputee, write about who is a c**t this week and call Gaga Ladyboy but positively weeps over the slightest criticism others make about him. It's all utter madness.

Morrissey has only just realized how to post a functional link. And his photoshop abilities: they're simply appalling. Him let loose on the internet, with only his cloistered fifty-two years as scaffolding, it can only be a very dangerous thing.

Kate Ryan

Last edited:

I forgot to mention there's an astonishing essay on the site - by whom I don't know. Before you rant at me, this is highly news-wrothy just for being a superb essay. It's one of the best things I've ever read about Morrissey regardless of its authorship. No mention of it on the morrissey solo front page, which is shocking.

Here's a sample of the essay:

"The joy of music is that it allows one to dream, which in turn allows one to find that grain of hope. Hope is not a moral; it is a life-force. A good song is as abstract as a dream or nightmare, tethered to reality by frayed threads, liable to snap at any given moment. The song drags one out of bed, it pushes one back into bed and it fills the short period in between. The song – to the true lover of music – is birth, death, and that other part we bravely call ‘life.’ Most people cannot live. They are immobilized: by the fear of rejection, by the self-loathing they endure, by a slim conviction that they are unable to love another; and more than anything else by a crippling sense of devaluation imposed by this world on all of us, unless we fit the idealized notion of what a human being should – these days, must - be. These poor souls shuffle, mumble and crumble through the years like shadows. I knew very, very early on that I was one of those souls.

Well, what could I do? I could spend my life with the shadows, pretending to live: a man with a life-sentence to serve, which never quite materializes. Or I could transform myself into a symbol and give up entirely on real life, as they call it. The song becomes the living; the singing becomes the life; the haircut becomes the material body – fading over the years but never quite leaving. And I began just then to write about life the way it really is. I began to write songs for those who cannot live – which is almost everybody. At least in England it is. While the rest of the world at least attempts to live life, we English apologise and queue politely. This – girls and boys – is why we’re so good at the old art thing. Art is nothing but a survival instinct for the English."

Considering the nonsense this site puts on its front page, that is quite news-worthy.

Also might add this is not a continuation of the debate about 'who is the author.' The site seems to be backing away from claiming to be Morrissey. This is news that Morrissey solo's days are numbered and there's a superior news site out there now which will also posts artistic contributions by morrissey fans, current affairs items and some satirical stuff like it used to post about 'Aunty Mozzer.'

Do enjoy.

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

Hey Roadhog,
Just read the essay. I don't want to be unkind but unless it's a joke it an appallingly pretentious load of tosh (I must send the bit about a song being birth, life and death to Private Eyes Pseuds Corner!).
You know if this is Moz writing I have to despair. I yearn for the days when pop stars just made music. If he could just shut up and make a decent album.

Exclusive news?
I thought true-to-you had the exclusive scoop.
Are they replacing Julia as well?

They have some balls to tell people they are going to cease going to one website for news and go to theirs instead.

Did somebody say Tosh?!

ExTed, please, we're trying to have a serious conversation here.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Whoever is really behind Morrissey's World would appear to have Morrissey 'on side'.
Why? Well, before pretty much any of us had even heard of it, Morrissey made a statement about the site to 'True to You' clarifying that it was not written by him.
This was unnecessary as a) it drew more attention to the site and b) it was blatantly obvious to anyone who's followed Morrissey in the last 20 years that it wasn't actually him. The person writing the blog was parodying Morrissey's 80's persona, not his current one e.g. he hasn't used the word 'one' in place of 'you' since 1986.
And now Morrissey has once again drawn our attention to the site via True to You.
There's nothing wrong with starting a new site, of course, but threatening to destroy the most popular current unofficial site (i.e. this one) may not be the smartest of moves...

The second aim sounds childish enough to make me refrain from ever visiting the site. It does take a certain amount of suss in making such a bald-faced pronouncement (two exclamation points!!) on the site intended for destruction. I'm sure David is quivering.

I don't care how many times you post this blog here, I'm not visiting it.

I've never seen it either, or if I did, it was a hit and run.

The words "Morrissey" and "blog" don't even belong in a sentence together.

I read it the first time someone mentioned it here. I said, "Well this is fake and lame" and never went back.

Sadly, the person with the blog cross-posted many of the entries into the concert review pages so I caught a few tidbits but I succeeded in mostly ignoring them.

Tags
blog morrissey's world
Back
Top Bottom