Morrissey's World Blogspot: who is the actual author?

I believe Morrissey is the author of the blog. But nobody else seems to. Why is this? I know one of the blog entries was him supposedly disassociating himself from that very blog. But that makes little sense. He's so very fond of launching lawsuits, why would he not ROAST somebody pretending to be him on a blog if that was the case.

Last edited:
Skylarker was correct. You need to change your name.

I believe Morrissey is the author of the blog. But nobody else seems to. Why is this? I know one of the blog entries was him supposedly disassociating himself from that very blog. But that makes little sense. He's so very fond of launching lawsuits, why would he not ROAST somebody pretending to be him on a blog if that was the case.

I thought so to at first but then I remembered Morrisseys post on truetoyou.

The only reason I don't think so now is bc whoever it is talked about their IBS. Maybe I have high hopes, but I hope Morrissey isn't the type to have IBS and talk about it openly.

From the bits I've read it's occasionally amusing. I'm amazed at how up to date it's kept.
Some of the shorter, less overtly humorous asides could pass for Moz. Real Morrissey and the blog Morrissey can both be verbose, but the style differs.

If you compare the writing style of the blog with Morrissey's Maladjusted reissue diary notes, for instance, it clearly isn't him.

The latest installment is quite a hoot. Whoever it is, has it in for Petridis, too. There are a couple of agendas going on there, I think.

In the interests of keeping this thread alive. I am going to wade in again and say that the blog can be really funny. It is strange it is largely going unnoticed or not commented on but i guess that's because there is so much talk about David and this site. I'd be interested to know the number of hits it is getting. I bet quite a lot of people are secretly taking a peak.

I think it's a fun site to read.

My only beef is I feel the author somewhere on the site should explain that the site is a parody, and not actually the Man.

Its a full time contributor to this very site make no bones about that....very silly and clearly shows a good level of Morrissey trivia , I agree with Tomi very similar style to the phantom setlist lister

Re: Morrissey's World Blogspot: who is the actual author?
I think the person behind it may have had a hand in the (let's be honest now, sometimes hilarious) fake set lists back in 2006.
http://tour.morrissey-solo.com/artic.../05/17/0956207
I have s suspicion it is a Guardian journalist (not Tim Jonze) who may have previously worked for the nme ... but that is mere conjecture.

"Checked so-low before I went to bed. Cried into my garlic-stuffed olives with Moroccan spices and sunblushed tomato for half an hour while I quaffed champers on the balcony in the penthouse. The cruelty is too much to bear. I'm fifty-two. I've devoted my entire life to making music: to keep you alive, to provide the human touch when you have nobody, to make your empty life seem slightly more meaningful... do I really deserve to be treated like this? Had a camomile tea and went almost immediately into REM sleep. Bizarre. Wonder if it's narcolepsy."

I think it's a fun site to read.

My only beef is I feel the author somewhere on the site should explain that the site is a parody, and not actually the Man.

Wow mozmic, if that has to be explained to someone maybe they have bigger problems to worry about. it's obvious after, say, the first couple of sentences, don'tcha think?

I honestly think the author might be someone in the Morrissey camp, not actually Morrissey. If not, i'm sure Morrissey probably approves of this fake blog, due to the author's daily bashing of "that So-Low place". There's gotta be an agenda. I mean, how many of you were aware of the blog before Morrissey even mentioned it on True to You? He mentioned it in May 2011, and the blog has been in existance since 2009.

someone mentioned a username from this forums on the mainboard when they discussed the blog`s writer there not too long ago...

Yeah let's get real. Morrissey is obviously NOT the author but Morrissey is obviously A FAN. WHy else would he bother posting a notice about it on true to you? Nobody had even heard of the site back then. It was Morrissey who brought everyone's attention to it. I reckon it's an in-joke. My money's on Russel Brand or Walliams or someone else Morrissey knows - it's probably done with Morrissey's knowledge.

Yeah let's get real. Morrissey is obviously NOT the author but Morrissey is obviously A FAN. WHy else would he bother posting a notice about it on true to you? Nobody had even heard of the site back then. It was Morrissey who brought everyone's attention to it. I reckon it's an in-joke. My money's on Russel Brand or Walliams or someone else Morrissey knows - it's probably done with Morrissey's knowledge.

You're right that it is a fan, but not someone as glamorous as Brand or Walliams.

In fact, the superfan in question is a regular poster here; they just don't want to say his name.

someone mentioned a username from this forums on the mainboard when they discussed the blog`s writer there not too long ago...

There have been accusations that the writer forum user Walter Ego but that has not been confirmed (or to my knowlege denied). Because I don't believe it is real it doesn't really matter to me who it is.

The IBS post, to me, sort of unraveled the whole thing. I never believed it was Morrissey but that post was a big reminder of that fact.

There have been accusations that the writer forum user Walter Ego but that has not been confirmed (or to my knowlege denied). Because I don't believe it is real it doesn't really matter to me who it is.

The IBS post, to me, sort of unraveled the whole thing. I never believed it was Morrissey but that post was a big reminder of that fact.

Haha

You really need reminding?

I don't think the author is pretending to be Morrissey! He or she is going out of his or her way to make it seem like he or she is NOT Morrissey! That's the only reason a few people think it might be him after all!

Tags
blog morrissey's world
Back
Top Bottom