Morrissey's use of the Union Jack WAS insensitive and racist

Re: Morrissey's use of the Union Jack WAS NOT insensitive and racist you freak.

So once you are beaten you try to back into a different fighters corner... coward... Stand up like a man instead of using pretend situations to defend your stupidity.... Dim f***.

An NF rally..wasn't it "Madstock"??..I'm no Madness fan but isn't it a little rich to be calling ALL their fans fascists or general NF supporters? This debate is old now but worthy of discussion quite rightly, i still think he was trying to wind the elements of the far right in the crowd up. I mean you're talking about somebody who hates royalty and writes songs like "sister i'm a poet" for god sake...hardly far right fodder. The reaction to him that day proved that, it wasn't a celebration...far from it, the NF hate Morrissey and i'm sure the feeling is mutual.

BTW I don't blindly love Morrissey, he's far from perfect after all..but who is?

This is all I see every day in Japan walking past Buddhist temples. Give it up...

pic171869.jpg

Re: Nothing to do with Moz. But I still think the Union Jack is about English oppression.

>---" Why don't you provide a thoughtful response to what this poster has said
> instead of just insulting them? Or else not bother commenting. "

errr... Moron. Why don't you quit trying to tell people what to do??? If you had bothered to use your brain when YOU posted then perhaps you may have set an example... till then... Piss off again, you floppy cock tosser!!!

> So once you are beaten you try to back into a different fighters corner...
> coward... Stand up like a man instead of using pretend situations to
> defend your stupidity.... Dim f***.

What on earth are you on about? I am here, waiting for a response to my ponit that actually dares or bothers to engage with what I have written. Unfortunately, most of the people have manifestly not read what I have written but rather commented on the subject matter generally.

I don't think I am the stupid one - I know how to formulate an argument and engage on those terms. My analysis extends beyond "f*** OFF", "PISS OFF", or "Stand up like a man... Dim f***".

Just f*** Off

> (1) The madness gig was unconnected to the NF rally that happened on the
> same afternoon in Finsbury Park.

> (2) Those other cases of union jack flaunting are also interesting, but
> now I am talking about Morrissey, and the context detailed in (1)
> exacerbates the situation in this case.

> (3) Buddhists have long used the swastika as a symbol of peace, does that
> mean if Morrissey waved a giant swastika around you would still be cool
> with it?
1. Moz was supporting Madness not the NF
2. I am so glad you find them interesting
3. You are the one obsessed with swastikas.

I am British, I like being British and I am damn glad to say that British people, stood behind the Union Jack and gave Hitler's arse a good kicking. Being British does not make you a racist; we aren't perfect, but then again who is?

Now stop raking up very old, long dead news, and f*** off

Re: Nothing to do with Moz. But I still think the Union Jack is about English oppression.

> errr... Moron. Why don't you quit trying to tell people what to do??? If
> you had bothered to use your brain when YOU posted then perhaps you may
> have set an example... till then... Piss off again, you floppy cock
> tosser!!!

(1) I didn't tell you what to do, it was a suggestion - there is a clear linguistic difference

(2) My post engaged a subject matter - yours are full of insults

(3) the notion of a "floppy cock tosser" is oxymoronic.

Re: Just f*** Off

> 1. Moz was supporting Madness not the NF
> 2. I am so glad you find them interesting
> 3. You are the one obsessed with swastikas.

> I am British, I like being British and I am damn glad to say that British
> people, stood behind the Union Jack and gave Hitler's arse a good kicking.
> Being British does not make you a racist; we aren't perfect, but then
> again who is?

> Now stop raking up very old, long dead news, and f*** off

I have no problem with you liking the fact that you are British, but that is not the point, and neither is WWII which you have somehow managed to intertwine with this issue. The point is whether you are British or not, the Union Jack has been appropriated by the far right. Just like the swastika has.

Re: This is all I see every day in Japan walking past Buddhist temples. Give it up...

I mentioned Therevadan buddhism, not Muhayana Buddhism - the latter is found in Japan, the former is found in South East Asia and India.

Well I suggest you read over what has been posted and you will find that not only has your (wind up) argument been defeated but your dilapidation and precarious distinctions are dysfunctional and reinterpreted to suit your delusional proclamations. You dim c***!!!

> Well I suggest you read over what has been posted and you will find that
> not only has your (wind up) argument been defeated but your dilapidation
> and precarious distinctions are dysfunctional and reinterpreted to suit
> your delusional proclamations. You dim c***!!!

My "proclamations" as you flatteringly put it are not delusional, they are based on solid argument. I have read every response carefully, as you will see by my own response to each. Please paste for me the text which highlights where my argument has even been ENGAGED with, let alone defeated. All I see is arguments in engaging with the general subject matter or, alternatively, some random point the NME made years ago which is different to mine.

No not quite oxymoronic. you fool. Obviously if you happen to be a hermaphrodite then it speaks for it’s self…. Further if you happen to be gay you could be tossing yourself off (up the arse) and still have a floppy cock… as YOU do…

> An NF rally..wasn't it "Madstock"??..I'm no Madness fan but
> isn't it a little rich to be calling ALL their fans fascists or general NF
> supporters? This debate is old now but worthy of discussion quite rightly,
> i still think he was trying to wind the elements of the far right in the
> crowd up. I mean you're talking about somebody who hates royalty and
> writes songs like "sister i'm a poet" for god sake...hardly far
> right fodder. The reaction to him that day proved that, it wasn't a
> celebration...far from it, the NF hate Morrissey and i'm sure the feeling
> is mutual.

> BTW I don't blindly love Morrissey, he's far from perfect after all..but
> who is?

This is the first post that has made an attempt to discuss what I have written!!! Thank you for that...

...madstock wasn't an NF rally of course, but there was an NF rally in Finsbury Park on the same afternoon... perhaps he was trying to wind them up, but the theme has lingered on for quite some time afterwards which may suggest not?

Okay... I was there... again I ask you... were you???

> I have no problem with you liking the fact that you are British, but that
> is not the point, and neither is WWII which you have somehow managed to
> intertwine with this issue. The point is whether you are British or not,
> the Union Jack has been appropriated by the far right. Just like the
> swastika has.

Then I say well done Morrissey, (that is Morrissey the homosexual (discuss), vegetarian, Petula Clarke, Timi Yuro, Dionne Warwick, Irish ancestry, British birth, monarchy hating, Thatcher loathing man of the people that he is) for winning back the flag for the likes of me.
Keep up the good work Steven.

> No not quite oxymoronic. you fool. Obviously if you happen to be a
> hermaphrodite then it speaks for it’s self…. Further if you happen to be
> gay you could be tossing yourself off (up the arse) and still have a
> floppy cock… as YOU do…

My, what intelligent discussion. Thank God our country folk are so educated and high brow. Sigh..

> Then I say well done Morrissey, (that is Morrissey the homosexual
> (discuss), vegetarian, Petula Clarke, Timi Yuro, Dionne Warwick, Irish
> ancestry, British birth, monarchy hating, Thatcher loathing man of the
> people that he is) for winning back the flag for the likes of me.
> Keep up the good work Steven.

Fair enough, thank God we finally got to a semblence of a response to the original post through all the insults etc. Now, let's take your point and move onto the other point I made: using the argument you have just given (reclaiming the flag), does that mean that it would be equally acceptable and heroic of him to hold a large swastika flag? Would that also appeal to you?

Arhhh defeated again.... what a typical University bod. You can only relate to what people have told you and thoughts are just things other people have. People like you make me sick with your pretence at intelligent discussions. You know nothing... seen nothing and have been nowhere but you know the f***ing lot!! Boy with a floppy cock – And stupid at that!!!!

> Okay... I was there... again I ask you... were you???

No I was not. This is only a relevant question if you are about to present a case whereby he did not, in fact, wrap himself in the union jack. My point is not based on whether he did it or not, it's the implications of that. As academia will show you, witnessing an event first hand is not a pre-requisite to being able to discuss its implications.

Back
Top Bottom