Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork

@kiasuchick and modrevolve send the link:

Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork
By Mark Richardson on March 15, 2013 at 09:40 p.m.

Following several reports of Morrissey cancelling shows due to illness, Moz has officially cancelled the remainder of his North American tour. A press release reads:

The remaining dates of the Morrissey U.S. North American tour have officially been pulled down due to medical reasons. The singer has suffered a series of medical mishaps over the past few months including a bleeding ulcer, Barrett's esophagus and double pneumonia.

Despite his best efforts to try to continue touring, Morrissey has to take a hiatus and will not be able to continue on the rest of the tour. Morrissey thanks all of his fans for their well wishes and thoughts. Refunds for the remaining shows are available at point of purchase.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Get well Moz and come back better than ever......with a new lead guitarist too.

Re: Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork

THANK GOODNESS!

Imagine how hard it must have been for him to be trying to feel good enough to perform, have so much pressure on him to get well, and still feel so bad?

I'm glad he has decided to take care of himself. It must have been a very hard decision.

He will be back. But if he didn't take a break, he might not have.

Get well soon!:thumb:

You have got to be JOKING. Imagine how hard it has been for all of the fans who have ONCE AGAIN wasted their time and effort only to have continuous issues.

Your comment does not sit well with us.

Take a bow "Ambitious Insider" you predicted this way back in January at the early stage of the tour (Can somebody dig it up and post it again).
There was a line in it like 'Morrissey will be left asking questions of himself '

Pony-the-tony

Anonymous - January 14, 2013, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by earlscourt

Things got screwed up during meat is murder... Some lines were missed or something. They finished the song and Moz went off as usual, but they didn't come back for an encore.
I predict that this tour is going to go from bad to worse as it goes on and our Steven is going to be left asking biq questions of himself.
All we can do now is sit back and watch it all un-fold right before our eyes.
You heard it here first.

Ambitious Insider

sad son

I found it. So who is the mole on the inside ? How intriguing this has more legs than the blue-rose-shits

we'll let you know

It's not on TTY or Huff-Po or his FB page...sooo.....I'm not running to the Ryman to turn in my tix just yet.

I know, naive as all get-out. The tour dates are still listed on his FB page- the Ryman's page is still listing tix for sale.

So the bread has'nt worked this time has it ?
Boz and co have had a right good jolly on this, well done lads money for nothing and yer kicks for free !
It just shows you really that there's a lot to be said about eating meat, living a healthy lifestyle and not getting all bitter and twisted with life.
You can forget future tours now he is now un-insurable as well as conract-less.
On a different note you might not have heard but the Falkland Islands ? A referendum on political status was held in the Falkland Islands on 10–11 March 2013. The Falkland Islanders were asked whether or not they supported the continuation of their status as an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom in view of Argentina's call for negotiations on the islands' sovereignty.
On a turnout of 92%, 99.8% voted to remain a British territory, with only three votes against. So bigmouth was wrong on that stupid outburst was'nt he ?

The Queen is on the mend and Kate is bloomming in her pregnancy' the champagne is on ice for the Royal birthday.

Oh and Morrissey has lost the plot as well as a huge chunk of his followers.

Royalty 8 points . . . . . . . . . . . Morrissey 0 points

Als well

Bitter, etc. I believe these words do apply to your post.

Only great artists are capable of such devotion and (in your case) hate.

Get well soon Morrissey!

Get better dickhead. Like I said before maybe 1 or 2 shows a week or stop 'touring'. You obviously can't handle it. Hang on to your tickets!!!

there's always someone, somewhere.
maybe stick to 1 or 2 posts a week, or stop" talking"!

Well, it is a good thing that he did this for the fans who would have spent countless $$ traveling to see him. Certainly, people wish the best health to Moz, but this should have happened a long time ago.

Of course, the ones who see Moz as infallible will view this announcement as a heartfelt, sympathetic gesture of good will by Moz--oh the victim.

Remember, if another artist did this, Morrissey would most likely put him or her down for sure.

"I predict that this tour is going to go from bad to worse as it goes on and our Steven is going to be left asking biq questions of himself.
All we can do now is sit back and watch it all un-fold right before our eyes.
You heard it here first.

Ambitious Insider "

Hmmm, this is a perfect kind of statement from a conspiracy theorist/psychic/cold reader. Gives no actual info and enough room for us to read between the lines and plug in all the missing pieces that fit ourselves.

"this tour is going to go from bad to worse as it goes on" Really? A good amount of recent Morrissey tours have ended with sour notes or bad moments. So this is not inside information, even if Morrissey had made a couple of f-ups, that would've been all you needed to "prove" you were right.

Having insider info means you actually give hard details about what was going to happen, you had zero. Try harder next time.

how many tims are people going to fail for this shite he's always f***ing ill time to give up

So according to KY's facebook page (where she mentions concern for his health for the first time ever as it helps her seem more sensitive) Morrissey didn;t have the willpower to make the shows happen. :straightface: She basically says he failed the fans. Oh wait, I mean her "tour partner" failed the fans.

I'm truly torn... the chicago date has now been canceled 4 times. I realize he's sick but hell man at least adelle knows she was sick & has stayed gone from touring til she officially is better & raises her kid.... just saying "i know it's over, but it never really began...."

So according to KY's facebook page (where she mentions concern for his health for the first time ever as it helps her seem more sensitive) Morrissey didn;t have the willpower to make the shows happen. :straightface: She basically says he failed the fans. Oh wait, I mean her "tour partner" failed the fans.

She is just upset that she will have to collect unemployment until Morrissey's next tour.

She is just upset that she will have to collect unemployment until Morrissey's next tour.

Well, I guess she's making a record with Tony. I think she thinks since Tony just made David Bowie's record that she too will be a timeless chart topper. I'm sure she's going to miss all of Morrissey's fans kissing her ass during the tour. Maybe she should get with the Blue Rose people and they can suck each other's dicks for entertainment.

if that's how you read her statement, then you are clearly barely literate

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom