Morrissey's Samples

motorways

Does anyone have the ability to single out the samples used?
I guess it'd have to be some sort of EQ reduction. Not sure how it'd be done exactly. But there are tons of them. It'd be cool to here them on their own.

Does anyone have the ability to single out the samples used?
I guess it'd have to be some sort of EQ reduction. Not sure how it'd be done exactly. But there are tons of them. It'd be cool to here them on their own.

They're nearly all mentioned in The Mozipedia. In fact the US version mentions the "Go on!" sample in Roy's Keen that is not mentioned in the UK version. It would be quite a task to find them all. For instance, it would be easy to pick through We Are The Lambeth Boys - but not so easy to find "Los Angeles, you are too hot" or "We told you". You're right - there is a lot, and it would be nice if someone did have the time and inclination to do this.

P.

i'd definitely take the time to do it, if I knew how.

I know you're adept at Audacity... Is there a way to do it in there?

i'd definitely take the time to do it, if I knew how.

I know you're adept at Audacity... Is there a way to do it in there?

Well, if you drew up a definitive list, I'd be happy to go find the samples and splice them all together.

P.

I wasn't implying that you be the one to do it. I'm quite willing.

I was just wondering if you or anyone knew a way of doing it.

Yes, it would be quite easy if the samples were all present in any sound form. Import them in, chop them up, and add them all together.

P.

I've been listening through all my 12's today for the first time in a long time and noticing samples and what not that I had either forgotten about or never noticed.

How's that for a run-on sentence?

Yes, it would be quite easy if the samples were all present in any sound form. Import them in, chop them up, and add them all together.

P.

Aight. I'll see what I can throw together.
But I was mainly asking about messing with the EQ and singling out just the samples.
I'll give it a go.

(Unless someone has already done it....?)

Aight. I'll see what I can throw together.
But I was mainly asking about messing with the EQ and singling out just the samples.
I'll give it a go.

(Unless someone has already done it....?)

Ahh right. Well, that would be relatively easy to do given the Morrissey songs. I thought you meant find the original sources and bring them altogether.

P.

I remember Skinny posting that bizarre seance soundtrack that is about 15 mins long, right in the middle of it it says "You are sleeping, you do not want to believe"

I don't have the time, but it would be great if someone could collate all of the original sources of the samples...

Dave

I remember Skinny posting that bizarre seance soundtrack that is about 15 mins long, right in the middle of it it says "You are sleeping, you do not want to believe"

I don't have the time, but it would be great if someone could collate all of the original sources of the samples...

Dave

I did have that Konstantin Raudive disc, but I sold it. What an idiot. But I still have the whole MP3. I think it's a good project to get the original samples. The first step would be to get the list a mentioned above, then we would have two sets - the Moz/Smiths songs, and the original samples.

P.

I did have that Konstantin Raudive disc, but I sold it. What an idiot. But I still have the whole MP3. I think it's a good project to get the original samples. The first step would be to get the list a mentioned above, then we would have two sets - the Moz/Smiths songs, and the original samples.

P.

Ambitious. But I like you're thinking.

Most of original source of the samples are listed on passionsjustlikemine.com

Are they listed, or are they mentioned throughout the site?

Would Mozipedia be a better place to start, or what about Rogan's "The Albums"?

Dave

Are they listed, or are they mentioned throughout the site?

Would Mozipedia be a better place to start, or what about Rogan's "The Albums"?

Dave

Stephane provides info of sampling source along with the song lyrics.

I'm not an audio engineer. Here's a sample of all I could do with audacity.

Morrissey - America Is Not The World [SAMPLE].aif (2 second sample)
http://www.mediafire.com/?8nm6vjj5buj3u68

Let me know if it's even worth the effort.

Yep, that worked. (What is it though? I can't make it out?)

Another option that takes up far less space is to export your sample as MP3. You can muck around with the bitrates in the options.

P.

Yep, that worked. (What is it though? I can't make it out?)

Another option that takes up far less space is to export your sample as MP3. You can muck around with the bitrates in the options.

P.

"We Are All Innocent"

There's the problem.
If you can't make out the sample, I'm not doing it justice

I tried exporting as mp3 but don't have lame installed.

"We Are All Innocent"

There's the problem.
If you can't make out the sample, I'm not doing it justice

I tried exporting as mp3 but don't have lame installed.

I tried something similar, and having the clip out of context can be confusing - sometimes I find it helpful to have a few seconds before the sample and a couple of seconds afterwards. it sounds daft, but putting the clip back into its original context can jig our musical memory and give it more clarity. In my opinion.

P.

Back
Top Bottom