Morrissey's sage words in new PJW video

Morrissey appears twice in this new Paul Joseph Watson video, which addresses the subject of whether or not our culture has reached a dead end. The conclusion is that it has, naturally. 'There is no poetry in modern life', Morrissey says, in an excerpt from a Larry King interview.

He's not wrong.

totally agree,theres probably great bands who will never release a single,fantastic film makers who will never get a project off the ground and the list goes on and on.hollywood is dead,chart music is dead,people would rather sit in than go to their local,so the pubs will close then the very same people will ask why it closed,because you were too busy watching 80 episodes of prison break.

Things weren’t ever really new though were they. They were just new to us and so we gave them importance. I also disagree about youth culture. I think some people here just got old and the things they do aren’t as popular but it’s always been that way. Here where I am at least I see people putting shows art spaces opening writing operas creating challenging even educational video games that tons of people play together from all over the world. Television has gotten much better in terms of cultural historical accuracy and can be way more serious and realistic than ever before. One thing that is dead is he mass cultural experience where trends fashions in cultural were widespread and meaningful. That has at least for now reached an end. You have to go out looking for things people and culture and imo I feel that this is what makes some think that culture hs reached some sort of end. It’s still spinning the same way as it always has

Things weren’t ever really new though were they. They were just new to us and so we gave them importance. I also disagree about youth culture. I think some people here just got old and the things they do aren’t as popular but it’s always been that way. Here where I am at least I see people putting shows art spaces opening writing operas creating challenging even educational video games that tons of people play together from all over the world. Television has gotten much better in terms of cultural historical accuracy and can be way more serious and realistic than ever before. One thing that is dead is he mass cultural experience where trends fashions in cultural were widespread and meaningful. That has at least for now reached an end. You have to go out looking for things people and culture and imo I feel that this is what makes some think that culture hs reached some sort of end. It’s still spinning the same way as it always has
I would exempt gaming from this,i cant see a point in my life where i will ever stop gaming,the stories in some games are much deeper than anything coming out of Hollywood and coupled with amazing graphics make it a much more satisfying experience.

Does the 'fast food' aspect of the music industry include such practices as putting the same song on the b-sides of two back-to-back single releases?

Does the 'fast food' aspect of the music industry include such practices as putting the same song on the b-sides of two back-to-back single releases?

Depends on how you define ‘the 'fast food' aspect of the music industry’.

Dead musicians have always been popular haven't they? It's only in the beginning of the 20th Century that people really started listening to the music of living musicians on a mass scale.
It does seem that film has turned increasingly to remakes and squeezing every dollar out of something that was already popular but I think that's partly economic. Movies cost a lot of money to make and the major studios are not in it for the art. But on the other hand anyone can make a film now if they really want to. We just need to support the independent artists. Stop waiting for Disney to make the next great art film.

I would exempt gaming from this,i cant see a point in my life where i will ever stop gaming,the stories in some games are much deeper than anything coming out of Hollywood and coupled with amazing graphics make it a much more satisfying experience.

I don’t do much gaming anymore but you’re so right in the way that challenges/problem solving and the immersion into a good story is just at such a golden age. I always felt it was like playing a movie. Even just the ability to play and talk with people from all over the world. I don’t know maybe we just watch or do different things. Before I had a child I went to lots of shows local and national hung out in art spaces which Baltimore has a lot of crazy community spaces where one night will be a boardgame party and the next indie (and I mean local) films will be projected at the walls while people soundtrack with live instruments like they did in the thirties. Baltimore started giving away grants and wall space to local artists. I watched this guy and his team etch and sand a face into a concrete wall behind the bell foundry (which is a live in community art space) with power sanders. It’s one of my fav experiences while living there. It sat next to there homemade skate park. God skating has even become amazing since the eighties. Watching common people learn and become awesome at things like par-core.
I think movies and tv are also at its best in my lifetime. I acknowledge that where movies are concerned it doesn’t match up to the period before my birth but there’s still so much great stuff being made. Tv is for sure at its peak . Now if you’re looking for great tv great movies and great music at movie theaters on network tv or in the top forty you won’t find it. not because it doesn’t exist it’s just moved somewhere else

I don’t do much gaming anymore but you’re so right in the way that challenges/problem solving and the immersion into a good story is just at such a golden age. I always felt it was like playing a movie. Even just the ability to play and talk with people from all over the world. I don’t know maybe we just watch or do different things. Before I had a child I went to lots of shows local and national hung out in art spaces which Baltimore has a lot of crazy community spaces where one night will be a boardgame party and the next indie (and I mean local) films will be projected at the walls while people soundtrack with live instruments like they did in the thirties. Baltimore started giving away grants and wall space to local artists. I watched this guy and his team etch and sand a face into a concrete wall behind the bell foundry (which is a live in community art space) with power sanders. It’s one of my fav experiences while living there. It sat next to there homemade skate park. God skating has even become amazing since the eighties. Watching common people learn and become awesome at things like par-core.
I think movies and tv are also at its best in my lifetime. I acknowledge that where movies are concerned it doesn’t match up to the period before my birth but there’s still so much great stuff being made. Tv is for sure at its peak . Now if you’re looking for great tv great movies and great music at movie theaters on network tv or in the top forty you won’t find it. not because it doesn’t exist it’s just moved somewhere else
I find south korea as having a vibrant movie scene,some amazing films have come out of there,i watch films from the four corners of the globe and the only studios that seem tired and formulaic is Hollywood.you make some good points about gaming,its like a film where you are the main character and you can do or go wherever you want.

This is where we're at. Morrissey is the extreme right's go-to-man for cultural quotes. What a shameful situation.
Yes but, you wouldn't know that PJW was right wing simply by watching this video. Right wing people can make non-partisan videos and the Morrissey statements used weren't political.

Also, as Truth said, PJW is by no means an extremist.

I find south korea as having a vibrant movie scene,some amazing films have come out of there,i watch films from the four corners of the globe and the only studios that seem tired and formulaic is Hollywood.you make some good points about gaming,its like a film where you are the main character and you can do or go wherever you want.

I agree about south Korea. I don’t usually look to Hollywood to make interesting movies though. Hollywood I think mostly makes popcorn stuff these days which is fine but I think there are many good movie made in the us. Netflix has made some great ones recently

Yes but, you wouldn't know that PJW was right wing simply by watching this video. Right wing people can make non-partisan videos and the Morrissey statements used weren't political.

Also, as Truth said, PJW is by no means an extremist.

You made the mistake of assuming that Skinny even watched the video before he commented...

Back
Top Bottom