Morrisseys Ouvre

You're right (for once!) Amy. The guitar line is nothing short of heavenly. When Steve starts yodelling along to it in the final section, it's the most exquisite 45 seconds of music ever made. End of!

For once :lbf: and yes, Moz takes it to another level. Some people find the yodelling irritating but I always thought he did it through sheer love of the melody, in the same vein as the "laaaa-di-yaaaaay" parts on Headmaster Ritual. He has said that BWTT is one of the strongest Smiths songs.

You are right. If Morrissey is underrated, it is as a singer, not a songwriter. Anyone with a brain knows that he is one of the greatest lyricists in the history of popular music, but his vocal ability has gotten better and better over the years, and, now, you're right, he is just about one of the best vocalists that we have. It's a pity that more people don't appreciate that.

I think it's a matter of time for him to be nominated for the Nobel Prize.

Morrissey and Marr agree with you of course, but I couldn't disagree more. Taking out the singles collections, I rate them: 1)TQID 2)TS 3) MIM 4)SHWC
Interesting..I've been listening more to the first album than the others lately. Really is a gem of an album, almost b-side-esque.

Back
Top Bottom