'Morrissey's old house' in Bowdon now on AirBnb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peppermint, Dec 22, 2017.

By Peppermint on Dec 22, 2017 at 12:36 PM
  1. Peppermint

Peppermint Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2017
    UPDATE: Eagle-eyed posters have pointed out that this is not Beech Mount, the house in Bowdon that Morrissey was/is known to own on Bowdon Road. It's clearly nearby - anybody know anything about Morrissey owning another house/apartment in Bowdon?

As already mentioned in the Morrissey's December Speech thread. Not sure if this has previously been discussed here but it was news to me.

"Superb location, Edwardian mansion house apartment
    Hosted by Ruth & Neil
    A lovely duplex apartment - once the home of Morrissey - in an Edwardian mansion house on the leafy Bowdon/Altrincham border."

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peppermint, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Halloway
      That's very nearly a rented room in Whalley Range (give or take five miles or so.)
    2. KingKongLeer
    3. Anonymous
      At the back of Altrincham girls school...
      Beechmount it’s called
    4. Surface
      Think its here - WA14 2AJ on Bowden Road. Bowden is a lovely place. Also Joy Division played one of their early gigs there at Bowden youth club in 1979.
    5. Peppermint
      If you follow the link to the site there's a map.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    6. Kennethwilliamsunderstudy
      Looking through the photos on airbnb
      Looks like the garden where moz hosted Sinead o'connor ... any ideas ?
      • Like Like x 2
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    7. SuedeMoz
      Damn, I want to stay there!
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Anonymous
      Why ?
      • Troll Troll x 1
    9. SuedeMoz
      Uh, talking about Morrissey's old place now on AirB&B not the decrepit Hook End Manor.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. Anonymous

And why would you want to go there?
      • Troll Troll x 2
    11. SuedeMoz
      Maybe you can meet me there to discuss in person? It's far too private to say publicly.
      • Funny Funny x 4
    12. Anonymous
      Nah. You’re ok.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    13. ACTON
      If you needed to stay in the area and if at the same time you could stay in Moz's old house then why wouldn't you? I would. But I wouldn't fly there just to stay in the place.
    14. ACTON
      I think you could be right!
    15. joe frady
      joe frady

í preferred Morrissey's taste in garden furniture ~

í dunno...what with Beechmount now on airbnb and Hook End in bits, another two wisps of my youthful dreams fade into nothing...

Merry Christmas!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    16. AztecCamera
      I reckon you foreigners are really coming out of the closet now. I reckon no wonder why Uncle Steve moved to LA once he made enough money. What a disgusting looking smelly old place. I can smell the mold just by looking at the pics. Where is there proof that Steve lived there in 1989?
      • Funny Funny x 3
    17. Anonymous
      Am i the only one that finds it weird you call him uncle did he molest you or are you the deranged sam etsy rayner
    18. Anonymous
      For information, there is NO mould - or even mold - anywhere in Cheshire !

19. celibate
      Thought Morrissey's mother still lived there.