Morrissey's most revered singers - true-to-you.net

No Sandie Shaw or Nancy Sinatra? Or friends like James Maker? I'm thinking that he hasn't met any of those people on that list and that's probably why they are on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Sandie Shaw or Nancy Sinatra? Or friends like James Maker? I'm thinking that he hasn't met any of those people on that list and that's probably why they are on there.

Doesn't he hang out with Damien Dempsey?

Morrissey's most revered singers - true-to-you.net
1 January 2014

Morrissey's most revered singers

1 Al Martino
2 Bobby Hatfield
3 Philippe Wynne
4 Klaus Nomi
5 Timi Yuro
6 Jimmy Jones
7 General Johnson
8 Buffy Sainte-Marie
9 Elvis Presley
10 Levi Stubbs
11 Damien Dempsey
12 Matt Monro
13 Dawn Upshaw
14 Melanie Safka
15 Tim Buckley

Tim Buckley? An interesting and unexpected choice, one I believe he's not mentioned previously.

I think Jasper Cini is a catchier name. :cool:

:sweet:

Love this song. This one's like an extended soul remix with a little extra ungh!

The award for most amazing video tonight goes to Matt Monro.

Morrissey like a deep voice.

I love it when Morrissey shares with us :love: And this was a cool share for New Years. I'm surprised Frank Sinatra wasn't on the list, but maybe he was more influential than revered.

Cool list. I was surprised to see Philippe' Wynne included. I've never heard Morrissey mentioning him before. Philippe' Wynne was a wonderful singer! He sang lead on half of The Spinners big hits. (Bobby Smith provided lead vocals on the rest of their hit songs.) Sweet pick Moz!:)

Here's a great Spinners song that featured Philippe's outstanding vocals.....

"One of a Kind (Love Affair)" by The Spinners

It's interesting that Morrissey selected Philippe' Wynne, but didn't include Bobby Smith. Their voices were very similar and its difficult to tell who was singing lead on these Spinners classics. They were both tremendous vocalists! I'd have a hard time putting one of them on a list like this, while leaving the other off.

I'm also surprised Kirsty MacColl didn't make the list. She'd definitely be on my list.

I guess Morrissey isn't too upset with Al Martino, who almost completely ignored him, when he went backstage to visit the crooner after one of his performances. He made Martino his number one choice.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom