Morrissey's many covers

Trill

I'm working with a record label on a compilation of the originals of Morrissey's cover versions. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Can you let me know which songs I'm missing, please? Thank you.

"East West" - Herman's Hermits

"Trash" - The New York Dolls

“That's Entertainment" - The Jam

“Skin Storm" - Bradford

“Cosmic Dancer" - T. Rex

“My Insatiable One" – Suede

“Interlude” – Timi Yuro

“Golden Lights” – Twinkle

“Moon River” – Henry Mancini/Johnny Mercer

“Bizarre Love Triangle” – New Order

“Drive-In Saturday” – David Bowie

“Redondo Beach” – Patti Smith

“Subway Train” – New York Dolls

“Human Being” – New York Dolls

“Nothing Rhymed” – Gilbert O’Sullivan

“No One Can Hold A Candle To You” – Raymonde

Also, can anyone confirm that Morrissey actually covered Bizarre Love Triangle? Seems unlikely to me. Many, many thanks.

Re: Morrissey's many covers.

I'm sure I'm missing some really obvious ones. Just remembered "Songs From Under The Floorboards". How could I forget that!?

I can think of Street Life - Roxy Music
I've never heard of him doing Bizarre Love Triangle.

"You Say You Don't Love Me"
"Moon Over Kentucky" Sparks
The infamous "Work Is A Four Letter Word" Cilla Black

Marie's The Name (His Latest Flame) - Elvis Presley

Re:

I thought passionsjustlikemine.com has a section of cover versions (both Morrissey and Smiths / other artists which are listed as tribute albums), but only song lyrics.

Morrissey sang in a cappella intro of Industial schools by Damien Dempsey at 28th June 2008 Dublin gig.

Also someone posted that Morrissey actually recorded a song by King (Coventry band, don't remember the title), but he deleted it.

Last edited:
Re:

All the answers here:
http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/lyrics-moz.htm
http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/lyrics-smiths.htm

The songs in that list that are covers have the original artist's name in brackets next to them.

And, errm, no, Morrissey never covered anything by New Order.

Stephane
gr8 link, thx :)
and yeah, I did not think Moz ever covered New Order :straightface:

ps: no offence meant to this site, but I have often found the "passionsjustlikemine" site to be very informative, cheers to whoever runs it :clap:

Re:

He was singing 'Israel' by Siouxsie and the Banshees as he came on stage in Tel Aviv 2008. Earlier that year in Killarney, the band played a few verses of The Wild Rover while Morrissey jigged around to the beat! He started the Man concert with a few adapted lines from 'I did it my Way' before 'First of the Gang...'

I guess this project will be a question of settling for the main covers, but it's a nice idea.

Back
Top Bottom