''Morrissey's Manchester'' Second Edition Published 21st May

Jukebox Jury

Retired
''Morrissey's Manchester'' 2nd edition is published on 21st May
33ml9fm.jpg

The guide to all places Morrissey & The Smiths in Manchester has been reprinted and updated after the initial print of 10,000 copies has almost sold out.

Not only has the tour itself changed since 2002, Manchester as a city has undergone whole scale changes too and these are reflected in this updated edition.

Also included in the new edition, is a forward by Mark Taylor, editor of the fanzine 'Smiths Indeed', detailing the day Morrissey and the look-a-likes filmed the video for 'Stop Me......'.

The book, priced £8.95 will be exclusively on sale for £5 at Empire Exchange, 1 Newton Street, Manchester (on the corner of Piccadilly and Newton Street, (next to the Max film developing shop) from 21st May and also outside the Manchester Apollo gigs as well as at the Star & Garter, Ruby Lounge, on the MozBus, Salford Lads Club and The Brickhouse.

You can also order online direct from myself.
Price including p&p is:
£7.00 in the UK
£7.50 in Europe
£8.00 pounds rest of the world
paypal [email protected] Let me know if you want it signed!

After that weekend, the book will be available via usual sources and outlets.

Phill

Last edited:
"Don't get on the plane without it" - Love it.

Forget reissue, re-package - I'm in. £5 worth of anyone's cash

Dave

"Don't get on the plane without it" - Love it.

Testimonial from a defunct website no less! :p

Maybe it should be subtitled "Things To Do In Manchester If Morrissey Cancels"...

:lbf:

I have to say I was rather cynical about Phil's book and the Mozbus tour initially since the fanzines were very good free sources guiding my pilgrimmages in the early '90s, but I was won over when passing by Old Trafford, he directed our attention to the fascinating DIY hardware shop across the road. :lbf: Yeah, book and bus easily worth a fiver each.:thumb:

so are the first two books worthless ... :eek:

must..... buy .....new ....one :o

Well the first one has almost sold out and 7 years on is hopelessly out of date.

The second one has been a big disappointment. I've ever only seen it in Urbis in Manchester apart from a few copies that were 3 quid at Christmas in Fopp. It's never been in HMV at all. Poor distribution I guess:(

The first has consistantly sold well, so the publishers wanted to print more, so it was either print more as it was or bring it up to date. I choose the latter.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Good work - always handy when we come to collect our 6 points from Eastlands and Old Trafford not to mention Labour Party conferance (also in Manchester next year)

Early doors I know, but will you do a 2010 calander? West Ham Boys club for September?

Good work - always handy when we come to collect our 6 points from Eastlands and Old Trafford not to mention Labour Party conferance (also in Manchester next year)

Early doors I know, but will you do a 2010 calander? West Ham Boys club for September?

Yes plan to do another one as last year I raised 240 quid for the Lads Club.
I've already take a picture of the Lads Club in the snow for December (or January!)
West Ham BC could be a runner.... I'd need a better picture though as all I have is the sign.... could you do the honours Virgil?:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I've already take a picture of the Lads Club in the snow for December (or January!)
West Ham BC could be a runner.... I'd need a better picture though as all I have is the sign.... could you do the honours Virgil?:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

if you would of said, i'd of pinched the sign for you on saturday:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Will do, what about the band stand in Vicky Park??

That book (old edition) saved my arse when I went up to Manchester.
It was fun taking buses, trams, opening the big map that came with it in the middle of nowhere whilst being surrounded by townies. And there was builders in every corner, at one point they actually started throwing ice cubes on me...what a bunch of fun guys. True.
But next time I'd like to go in the Moz bus...how often does it happen?

''Morrissey's Manchester'' 2nd edition is published on 21st May
33ml9fm.jpg

The book, priced 8.95 pounds will be exclusively on sale for 5 pounds at Empire Exchange, 1 Newton Street, Manchester (on the corner of Piccadilly and Newton Street, (next to the Max film developing shop) from 21st May and also outside the Manchester Apollo gigs as well as at the Star & Garter, Ruby Lounge, on the MozBus, Salford Lads Club and The Brickhouse.

Well worth getting it from Empire Exchange just so you can go into Empire Exchange. That place doesn't have legendary status but it should!

Back
Top Bottom