Heh....Heh.....:thumb:

Someone had to say this. Who else is in agreement that
marriage is a "no go zone" or is it all just "sour grapes"
to think that......

Heh....Heh.....:thumb:

Someone had to say this. Who else is in agreement that
marriage is a "no go zone" or is it all just "sour grapes"
to think that......

I've seen it "work" with some couples, and not work with even more.

For me... well I'm not married but there's no theory behind it. It just didn't happen (yet) :pray:
:D

I think in order to get married you have to learn to ignore alot, maybe even lie to yourself a little. Forget the actual truth, just go with what works for you. Most people start this when planning their weddings. Every sane person knows that there's no such thing as good wedding cake, however have you ever heard an actual married person say, 'Yeah, our cake sucked!" No. They all say, "Everybody loved our cake! They all said that they usually don't care for it, but ours was different."

I think you're the same as me
We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever

Fools! :lbf:

Although if I were ever to do it, I think that a good cake would be a double decker bus crashing into the car carrying the bride and groom. :eek:

I read this thread, thought to myself "Well eff these losers, I wanna get married.", then suddenly remembered something I wanted to look up and went to PASSIONSJUSTLIKEMINE and saw a photo of Morrissey. So there. :p

I think in order to get married you have to learn to ignore alot, maybe even lie to yourself a little. Forget the actual truth, just go with what works for you. Most people start this when planning their weddings. Every sane person knows that there's no such thing as good wedding cake, however have you ever heard an actual married person say, 'Yeah, our cake sucked!" No. They all say, "Everybody loved our cake! They all said that they usually don't care for it, but ours was different."

I think you're the same as me
We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever

Fools! :lbf:

Although if I were ever to do it, I think that a good cake would be a double decker bus crashing into the car carrying the bride and groom. :eek:

That's a bit negative, isn't it?

I think that much depends on how good you feel yourself, by yourself. I don't have much confidence in people who say their marriage made them feel more secure or stable, or that they "depend" on the other for their happiness and fulfillment.

I prefer mutual respect, equality, sharing tasks and responsibilities and creating trust. The romantic idea of "love" is a bit overrated, I feel. I prefer to "really get along very well" and then commit.

And I still believe that it may take some time and that there's no point in rushing into something.

If anyone but the cake-maker cares about what the cake tastes like, (Beyond being worthy of the term "cake") then I suspect the marriage will not be of the best.

If anyone but the cake-maker cares about what the cake tastes like, (Beyond being worthy of the term "cake") then I suspect the marriage will not be of the best.

You've never had American wedding cake, have you? Imagine a dry kitchen sponge covered in ground styrofoam which has been festooned with plaster of Paris flowers, unless you're Cuban in which case it's a wet kitchen sponge.

I meant the fixation on the cake thing. There surely must be more to it than eating cake? :confused:

No. In the U.S., people only get married because they get to have cake (and presents, but I don't have data on that). Otherwise, why would the average American's weight increase so much during the same period when divorce and remarriage were becoming so common, hmmmm? It's carbs.

I always wondered if this quiet search for the holy grail has increased the trend of brides choosing CUPcakes for their wedding cake. :p

Good question. It doesn't really matter. I don't feel it's necessary but if I would meet someone who thought it was important I wouldn't mind it. How about you?

Well, I've always kinda felt like this weird dog that nobody wants to adopt so yeah, I kinda do. But it would have to be a patient person. Whose feminine, like who could do the shopping but be the aggressor in the bedroom while I change the oil in the cars and pick out the bath soaps, both sharing the male and female duties kind of thing. Not a lot of men are like that and if they are, I've got the wrong parts. :p

I have ADD. Not the spazzy kind, the quiet kind but it's frustrating to live with. I mean they have entire books in the self help section devoted to being married to ADDers. That's what I mean by patient.

Well, I've always kinda felt like this weird dog that nobody wants to adopt so yeah, I kinda do. But it would have to be a patient person. Whose feminine, like who could do the shopping but be the aggressor in the bedroom while I change the oil in the cars and pick out the bath soaps, both sharing the male and female duties kind of thing. Not a lot of men are like that and if they are, I've got the wrong parts. :p

I want a man who doesn't mind killing/getting out of the house/do what the f*** he wants to spiders, butterflies and all sorts of insects really. Someone who is funny, in an ironic way, like Chandler in Friends. He has to be good at tecnical stuff, or at least know how to use a dvd, install a computer and things like that (since I'm not). Hmmm, let me see what else. Well it would be a plus if he likes Morrissey. I also want someone who is a city person, since I hate the countryside and find it difficult to breath if I leave the city for more then an hour. He can't have any pets and he can't like eating nuts since I'm really allergic. Oh, and he has to wear the clothes I tell him to wear, or more specific, he can't wear clothes I tell him not to wear. Hmmm, that's about it I think.

I want a man who doesn't mind killing/getting out of the house/do what the f*** he wants to spiders, butterflies and all sorts of insects really. Someone who is funny, in an ironic way, like Chandler in Friends. He has to be good at tecnical stuff, or at least know how to use a dvd, install a computer and things like that (since I'm not). Hmmm, let me see what else. Well it would be a plus if he likes Morrissey. I also want someone who is a city person, since I hate the countryside and find it difficult to breath if I leave the city for more then an hour. He can't have any pets and he can't like eating nuts since I'm really allergic. Oh, and he has to wear the clothes I tell him to wear, or more specific, he can't wear clothes I tell him not to wear. Hmmm, that's about it I think.

Yeah good luck with that. :p

Actually you have more of a chance of finding a boy who'll wear what you tell him, the toughest criteria of your list, then I probably have of finding a transgendered patient, sensitive, feminine yet manly man who helps me make lists and keeps me on task. (Unless it's symbols then I can do that shit all day. ADDers were born to be symbol hunters.)

Computer stuff. That's a good one. I'm not good at updating my software and all that. ANother criteria, someone who wouldn't mind a double feature movie night that included Fanny & Alexander and Sleepless In Seattle. :p There's nothing wrong with a romantic comedy now and again, dammit!

We should get on match.com now. :D

"Like Chandler on Friends" :rofl: Sooo cute.

Yeah good luck with that. :p

Actually you have more of a chance of finding a boy who'll wear what you tell him, the toughest criteria of your list, then I probably have of finding a transgendered patient, sensitive, feminine yet manly man who helps me make lists and keeps me on task. (Unless it's symbols then I can do that shit all day. ADDers were born to be symbol hunters.)

Computer stuff. That's a good one. I'm not good at updating my software and all that. ANother criteria, someone who wouldn't mind a double feature movie night that included Fanny & Alexander and Sleepless In Seattle. :p There's nothing wrong with a romantic comedy now and again, dammit!

We should get on match.com now. :D

I like Fanny & Alexander, it was made by Ingmar Bergman, a swede you know. I love all of Jane Austen's books, and all 19th century romantic fiction. In fact I'm going to watch Wives and Daughters now. I love the books and the movies and tv shows made from the books, so I would like a guy who not nessecarily love them, but at least would watch them with me.

Tags
cake lonely masturbation no ball no chain no marriage single solo
Back
Top Bottom