Morrissey's hand-picked playlist for Spotify/Apple: via Vents Magazine (4 September, 2019)

The article itself is mainly about the tour, but it gives the following information too:

"Also newsworthy to Morrissey fans this month – several key Morrissey titles that were previously not available to stream on DSPs have now been made available through BMG (Years of Refusal, Ringleader of the Tormentors,You Are the Quarry, Live at Earls Court, Southpaw Grammar).
To celebrate, two new playlists have been posted, the first from Morrissey himself, as M hand-picked a playlist of his current favorites from over the years [SPOTIFY APPLE], while BMG added a second by curating their own greatest hits playlist intended to honor the Brit pop icon [SPOTIFY APPLE]."

Click on Spotify or Apple to visit the respective list.
Taken from:

MORRISSEY EMBARKS ON MAJOR COAST-TO-COAST U.S. FALL TOUR THIS WEEK w/ INTERPOL - Vents Magazine.

Morrissey's chosen list comes with this graphic:

full

His picks:
My Life Is A Succession...
Teenage Dad On His Estate.
Because Of My Poor Education.
The Never-Played Symphonies.
Lost.
Life Is A Pigsty.
In Your Lap.
My Dearest Love.
Black Cloud.
The Edges Are No Longer Parallel.
This Is Not Your Country.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Morrissey made a Morrissey Spotify playlist! Hahaha. Not the list I would have made for certain :rolleyes::p but very cool! I see another on Spotify, called "World of Morrissey " that is also listed as "by Morrissey ". He should make more...how about a "road trip" list or "make you sweat" the possibilities are endless and I would love it! Seriously;)

My life.... yes,
¡

interesting playlist. most of the songs chosen as (presumably) his favorites have rarely (ever?) been played live...

my life is a great song,is there a chance any of these songs could make the tour,possibly.

beautiful. i guess it is difficult to extend such lists and include also other artists' songs, for several reasons.

barry evans is the cover star of MIND YOUR LANGUAGE fame,great comedy back in the seventies about a night school English course for foreigners.

Half of that playlist could be replaced with better songs like Nobody Loves Us, or I've Changed My Plea To Guilty, but I'm just relieved that Sweetie Pie isn't on it, or the first minute of I'm Not A Man. Or Roy's Keen.

barry evans is the cover star of MIND YOUR LANGUAGE fame,great comedy back in the seventies about a night school English course for foreigners.
Indeed.
The image used is from Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush (1968).

mulberry03.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Wonderful! See the number of followers growing on that list ;)
Great choices too! The Never-Played Symphonies, Lost, The Edges have for years been some of my favourite Moz-songs.

Wonder how many of these he will play on the Tour.

I love that he did this! Cool cover art, and an interesting selection of tunes, very Swords heavy.Just one tiny mistake I noticed when I downloaded and added this playlist to my iTunes library. Someone needs to find the edit button. :rolleyes:
26-F4701-D-61-E5-44-B4-92-CE-332-A383-B3984.png

Last edited:

As someone who watched it I can confirm it was anything but a "great" comedy. It utilised every racial stereotype of the time. It hasn't aged well.

It's brilliant that those missing Morrissey albums are now available on Spotify, but it's odd they picked the original Southpaw, but the "butchered" Maladjusted with removed tracks.

Wonderful! See the number of followers growing on that list ;)
Great choices too! The Never-Played Symphonies, Lost, The Edges have for years been some of my favourite Moz-songs.

Wonder how many of these he will play on the Tour.

It won’t matter, because you don’t attend any gigs. And let’s be honest, you creature; you’d say any song has been your favourite. You’ve probably just googled them now to listen,

As someone who watched it I can confirm it was anything but a "great" comedy. It utilised every racial stereotype of the time. It hasn't aged well.
your name suits you so well,it was that good they are making a remake of it,twat.

It utilised every racial stereotype of the time. It hasn't aged well.
Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

All it would take to undo this swirl of the bowl would be a statement owning his words and actions. ...then maybe a decent song, after over 20 years of GARBAGE. Neither of those things are happening though, are they?

Look at the charts (outside Poland, of course... STILL in the Top-5, I’m sure). Buddy-boy can’t even match Paula Abdul, Tiny Tim, a 40 year old Eagles reissue or the “Sound of Logs Dropping” (180g Outhouse remaster on brown vinyl).

Even if the controversies over his f***ing rube-ass, ignorant comments don’t sink him now, the well he borrows from will dry up very soon. There are only so many record companies and so many contracts. You don’t pay-up what they give you, you’re dropped. It’s happened to Steve several times already. He self-sabotages and f***s over everyone who offers him support.

Can you hear the career death rattle? ...better than any f***ing sound I’ve heard from him in the past two decades. ;)

your name suits you so well,it was that good they are making a remake of it,twat.

WTF are you on about now?

Damn near every film is a shitty remake of a shitty original, these days.

You spout bullshit like a cheap lady-boy at Patong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom