Morrissey's gig in Lyon cancelled (updated)

"Flu among the touring party?" Unless Gus the flamenco guitarist, who Morrissey seems to be leaning a lot on lately, has ebola (one can dream), blaming someone in the touring party -- not even singled out if it's a musician -- is utter bullshit.

He might come back for one of the next shows in Switzerland, but only one.

The tour will resume in Sweden, where his boyfriend lives, and fizzle out by Finland. No way he makes it to London, much less Istanbul.

Good to see the old man is living up to his "storied" legend.

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey's gig in Lyon postponed

Somebody please point me to an example of a show being cancelled/postponed by any other artist because "the touring party" has fallen ill. It just does not happen. Musicians play with the sniffles. Crews set up a stage even with a tummy ache. This is a Morrissey-only phenomenon - a world where the phrase 'the show must go on' does not exist.

Meaning, this is a bunch of BS.

Oasis got so drunk somewhere in Spain (Salamanca, I think) the night before that the show was cancelled. I bet that was a hell of a touring party...

As a mom, I don't see anything suspicious about reports of gastroenteritis taking out everyone in the band either. I've personally seen the mayhem it causes and how quickly (and disgustingly...good God...it's awful) it spreads.

Agreed. Highly contagious. Had two bouts this year one for 3 days another for over a week. Everyone in my house was dropping like flies by the way all ye doubters.

I had a ticket for Geneva in 1996, cancelled for depression or sth. Now I have my ticket for Lausanne Sunday evening... The autobiography and now this... too much to forgive.

Somebody please point me to an example of a show being cancelled/postponed by any other artist because "the touring party" has fallen ill. It just does not happen. Musicians play with the sniffles. Crews set up a stage even with a tummy ache. This is a Morrissey-only phenomenon - a world where the phrase 'the show must go on' does not exist.

Meaning, this is a bunch of BS.
How about paulo nutini cancelling both nights of his homecoming gigs in glasgow this week? Every artist cancels dates, the only bullshit is coming from you!

As a mom, I don't see anything suspicious about reports of gastroenteritis taking out everyone in the band either. I've personally seen the mayhem it causes and how quickly (and disgustingly...good God...it's awful) it spreads.

And yet the rest of his band is just fine.

It's not Moz, it's the band. There's no conspiracy, they're ill. It happens. i wish them a speedy recovery for Sunday.

The band is fine. No one in the band is sick. Except (maybe) Moz.

f***! But still a week left to the first gig in Sweden. I hope they're back on the road by then. I can't die without having heard Moz sing Asleep only a couple of feet away from me.

I had a ticket for Geneva in 1996, cancelled for depression or sth. Now I have my ticket for Lausanne Sunday evening... The autobiography and now this... too much to forgive.

You have very thin skin.

I don't follow any other bands' touring news nowadays so I would really have no idea, but when I used to do announcements for the Psychedelic Furs this happened at least twice with various band and crew members getting sick at the same time. Pretty sure it was stomach illness both times, but I don't remember exactly anymore.

Granted I don't follow many other tours except Suede (surprise). I don't know of any other artist but Morrissey who cancels/postpones several shows per tour. On their last US tour, Suede's equipment was stolen. That night they played an acoustic set, and then rented equipment to complete the tour. No canceled dates.

There was no tour in 1996, scheduled or otherwise.

I think he will make it to Switzerland because he lives there and maybe Sweden because he likes it there. Maybe. Remember, dates were cancelled and then he played Boston before cancelling.

I hope Matt Walker didn't get a burrito in the eye again.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom