Morrissey's favorite books

• Thread starter Deleted member 31782
  • Start date
Do you guys know if these are compiled somewhere? I've seen the list of all the songs mentioned, but not sure of all the books, poems, movies mentioned?
The Autobiography online index is sadly gone and not available via Wayback.
I have added in lots from the book and the pains a few of us have gone to can be seen here:
With Film & TV as an example:
As always: in progress.
FWD.

Thank you FWD, all that is great.
and besides, I think if we take any collection of the works of the writer we want to read, we are always waiting for a lot of wonderful discoveries, especially if it is a classic)

and besides, I think if we take any collection of the works of the writer we want to read, we are always waiting for a lot of wonderful discoveries, especially if it is a classic)
If you do a search of reviews when Autobiography came out, it was generally deemed a classic.

There's a text excerpt here -
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/morrisseys-strange-day-on-the-set-of-friends-236694/

And an 8 minute audio excerpt read by actor David Morrissey -

If you want to be a fan, you must own your own hard copy. Otherwise you're only on probation ;)

If you do a search of reviews when Autobiography came out, it was generally deemed a classic.

There's a text excerpt here -
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/morrisseys-strange-day-on-the-set-of-friends-236694/

And an 8 minute audio excerpt read by actor David Morrissey -

If you want to be a fan, you must own your own hard copy. Otherwise you're only on probation ;)

I thought, if I want to be a fan, I must to attend his show at least once) God bless printing!

maybe we can win an autographed copy?)

Last edited by a moderator:
''A Hidden Life'' 2019 by Terrence Malick. This has nothing to do with Morrissey. I just wanted to share. Actual. There was a discussion about films somewhere, but I didn't find it.

PDF book scan of said.
FWD.
Нашему творческому сообществу в России и Республике Беларусь,

Мы приняли очень непростое решение временно отказаться от предоставления услуг и от продажи наших продуктов на территории Российской Федерации и Республике Беларусь.

WeTransfer служит творческим людям во всем мире, и мы понимаем, что многие из вас полагаются на наш сервис для обмена идеями и для работы.

Но существует и риск того, что наши продукты и услуги применяются в интересах войны, и с этим мы никак не можем смириться.

Напоминаем, что это вынужденная мера, надеемся на ваше понимание.

Команда WeTransfer

This is one of the reasons the canned/e-mailed interviews - usually with Ms. Dodwell - are lacking in comparison to earlier days. No one asks him what he is reading or watching these days - and even asking about music he is listening to has fallen by the wayside. We can infer, perhaps, that he's read a fair amount of James Baldwin in recent years but, beyond that, the reading list is a question mark.

This is one of the reasons the canned/e-mailed interviews - usually with Ms. Dodwell - are lacking in comparison to earlier days. No one asks him what he is reading or watching these days - and even asking about music he is listening to has fallen by the wayside. We can infer, perhaps, that he's read a fair amount of James Baldwin in recent years but, beyond that, the reading list is a question mark.
She did ask him that in her last (?) interview.

Since he appears to enjoy sharing stuff on his blog/Central, it'd be nice if he shared about this kind of thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom