Morrissey's fans are not happy about his Kevin Spacey comments - mic.com

'My argument is that I will always respect the right to free speech no matter how inflammatory or wrong, but that freedom from speech is not freedom from repercussions up to and including getting socked in the nose by an offended party'

a bit of a contradiction there,no? because if you used violence against those who's publicly expressed thoughts you don't agree with, would that not be a form of suppression of free speech ?
No. The government guarantees free speech. Not consequences arising from it. I could go stand on the steps of the Capital with a sign saying "I support sex with toddlers." That would be my right, and perfectly legal within the boundaries of the law, but I imagine there would be fallout from expressing something so disgusting, up to and including acts of harm against my person.

Well I believe that anyone that goes out with the Hammer & Sickle, quoting Marx and calling themselves a communist deserves to be punched in the face. Are you Ok with that?
Sure. But anyone who uses violence as a tool should also accept the freedom of the police to uphold the law and to throw their ass in jail. I never said freedom from consequences. Please try to keep up.

Sure. But anyone who uses violence as a tool should also accept the freedom of the police to uphold the law and to throw their ass in jail. I never said freedom from consequences. Please try to keep up.
No I was SPECIFICALLY replying to your point about it being ok to punch someone who waves a swastika and does a Nazi salute. I just wanted to know if it’s also the same to do so to a Commie. You agreed that is, I’m glad we’re on the same page :thumb:

No I was SPECIFICALLY replying to your point about it being ok to punch someone who waves a swastika and does a Nazi salute. I just wanted to know if it’s also the same to do so to a Commie. You agreed that is, I’m glad we’re on the same page :thumb:
I getcha. In life, you can do whatever you want. BUT...

I getcha. In life, you can do whatever you want. BUT...

Well clearly I wouldn't punch anyone for exercising their free speech rights, I guess I was just making a point. the hypocrisy of that whole 'punch a Nazi' thing is something I've never been able to fully understand.

Sure, I get it, Nazi's/fascism is evil, but then I see young kids protesting and more so those Antifa f***ers and they have the hammer and sickle on their flags and I think to myself, 'hmmm fascism sure was bad for the world but communism as a doctrine has killed more people in the last 70 years than anything else-and by some margin.' So I can never figure why that are punching evil nazi's while at the same time promoting a doctrine that I believe is even more inherently evil. At the very least, it's as bad.

But I guess hey, Hammer and Sickle logos and Che Guevara or Fidel Castro t shirts are all the rage with the cool kids.

Well clearly I wouldn't punch anyone for exercising their free speech rights, I guess I was just making a point. the hypocrisy of that whole 'punch a Nazi' thing is something I've never been able to fully understand.

Sure, I get it, Nazi's/fascism is evil, but then I see young kids protesting and more so those Antifa f***ers and they have the hammer and sickle on their flags and I think to myself, 'hmmm fascism sure was bad for the world but communism as a doctrine has killed more people in the last 70 years than anything else-and by some margin.' So I can never figure why that are punching evil nazi's while at the same time promoting a doctrine that I believe is even more inherently evil. At the very least, it's as bad.

But I guess hey, Hammer and Sickle logos and Che Guevara or Fidel Castro t shirts are all the rage with the cool kids.
Antifa are definitely irritating. I see the point behind wanting to make a stand, but I fail to see h0w destruction of property, vandalism, etc are making a stand. Like everything else extremists do, they manage to f*** it up and hurt/lose track of their own cause. Communism is deeply flawed, but the same can be said for pretty much any style of governing once the people in power find a way to exploit loopholes for personal gain/influence/power.
It only takes one bad apple to start the whole thing rotting.

Well... That was predictable. It's a good thing this didn't happen before his Portland show. He would have been burned at the stake by hairy legged anarcho-feminists and flannel clad sensitive boys. /s

EDIT: added /s to denote my sarcasm for the sake of humorless gits.

Last edited:
Talking about Weinstein and Kevin Spacey the day after Los Angeles declared Morrissey day was interesting timing. Probably the last time that particular day will be celebrated. And Spacey is trying to say anything but
8HADgRH.jpg

"Hi, I'm Morrissey of 'Morrissey Day' and I just wanted to let you know that Hollywood is full of rapists and pedos but it's cool because there are really no victims. Luckily there's also a never ending stream of whores and as long as they get something out of it they don't mind!
Also, WHERE WERE THE PARENTS!"

Well... That was predictable. It's a good thing this didn't happen before his Portland show. He would have been burned at the stake by hairy legged anarcho-feminists and flannel clad sensitive boys.
Your sentiment about the lesbian residents of Portland speaks volumes about you. Don’t you worry though, kiddo. It’s early in the tour and there’s plenty of time for someone on the right side of humanity to take care of business. ;)

These HYPOCRITES PERPETUATE THE ANIMAL HOLOCAUST. THEY HAVE NO CREDIBILITY. THEY'RE JEALOUS AND STUPID. YUCK.

#iHeartMOZ
#VivaMoz
#LowInHighSchool
#InMozWeTrust
Who are the “HYPOCRITES” you’re referring to? Are they daft, lippy, racist, cheese-eating, cashmere-wearing vegans?

Your comment tells me that you’re passionate about “all-caps”, defending Morrissey and railing against those who are critical of his sickening communicative diarrhea. It also tells me that you’re minimally traveled and educated, have a tenuous grasp on the English language, a preference for four-legged creatures over bi-peds and an empathy for paedo-apologists.

Next.

Your sentiment about the lesbian residents of Portland speaks volumes about you. Don’t you worry though, kiddo. It’s early in the tour and there’s plenty of time for someone on the right side of humanity to take care of business. ;)
I have no qualms with the lesbians of Portland or anywhere else. There's this concept that humans invented called humor. You should try it sometime. It could leave you positively giddy.

I have no qualms with the lesbians of Portland or anywhere else. There's this concept that humans invented called humor. You should try it sometime. It could leave you positively giddy.
The things that leave me giddy are based in reality - sometimes sarcastic - but ALWAYS backed by intellectual wit.

Your brand (the “hairy legged lesbian” umbrella) is about as well-considered as the dribble of a primary schooler that’s just discovered the joy of poop jokes.

Carry on now, litttle fella.

The things that leave me giddy are based in reality - sometimes sarcastic - but ALWAYS backed by intellectual wit.

Your brand (the “hairy legged lesbian” umbrella) is about as well-considered as the dribble of a primary schooler that’s just discovered the joy of poop jokes.

Carry on now, litttle fella.
Re-read my post. Slowly. No, slower. Where did I say Lesbian? And if you want to try to paint me with the wrong side of history brush, perhaps you should look over my post history regarding victim-blaming-rape-apologist-nationalist-xenophobe-puppy-gate. I think I've been more than clear. Have a thumbs up for outrage's sake. You tried.

Hahahah, do tell us more how communism is evil

No. The government guarantees free speech. Not consequences arising from it. I could go stand on the steps of the Capital with a sign saying "I support sex with toddlers." That would be my right, and perfectly legal within the boundaries of the law,

You'd be arrested for disturbing the peace. Free speech may sound great, but it isn't the only law out there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom