Morrissey's fans are not happy about his Kevin Spacey comments - mic.com

'Some have long since made their peace with the idea that Morrissey the man is despicable, and say that won’t change their opinion on the music. Some say this is where they draw the line. Some, at least on the feverishly fanatical corners of the web, like on the Morrissey Solo forums, think it’s much ado about nothing. There’s a chilling, almost Trumpian echo in some of the more vocal defenders pointing the finger at the press, or political correctness, or overzealous feminism at play.'

“I’ll still have those tunes from that period that didn’t make him seem like a misanthropic asshole without a bone of compassion in his body.”

The funniest thing about commenting on this website is the bizarre insistence from The Cult Of Morrissey that I'm a 'troll' for pointing out that 'consensual reality' regards Morrissey as an incorrigible troll by a majority of people. Even, especially, by many of those who enjoy his music.

It's the strangest thing, following his antics. Blessed with an almost supernaturally good voice it's long been a challenge to ignore the troll side of his character but it's been possible. Now? It's getting to the point whereby his beserk utterances are infecting songs from his prime.

Probably Kevin Spacey is happy... I don't know.
I haven't heard anyone else stating that he agrees with his recent comments.... they are truly weird to say the least.

I'm happy with Morrissey's comments about Kevin Spacey too provided that ALL of his comments
are "quoted" (as it always should be but we know that they are not always.)

Any child who is 14, should be locked away at home. They should NOT be at a party. It does not matter if the 14 year old is an actor-in-waiting or not. Parents are responsible for minors in the UK - and in other countries too I understand. It is very sad to say this, but, the child's parents should be held accountable. This is how it works. Minors should not roam the streets nor should they attend any parties (with any adult) without suitable and sufficient supervision, at all times.

This does not make any rape nor any sexual assault right, because it is clearly wrong, as we all know.

There are also much more important news stories needing to be covered than this.

Hazard
x

The press comes out to crucify Morrissey once again, aligning him and his fans with Trump because they can not stand the thought of people who couldn't care less of what they have to say. They'll stir up this controversy while remaining silent about the actual predators, abusers, and rapists whose behavior is an open secret among their circles. Yet it seems accusations against these "woke" feminist journalists has become a daily occurrence, while nobody was actually harmed by Morrissey's words.

Is it because of me, not you, or is it because of you, not me? Confusing times indeed.

Me too. There should be a law if u don't say something within 6 months ..youre fault.....coming out years later give me a break
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
You’re today’s winner of the internet’s Ignorant Sack of Shit Award.

I'm not going to try and defend his stupid comments. It's his thing to always be the contrarian but unless he was misquoted his comments are just plain ludicrous. I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt that there was more to it than what he was quoted. But if he doesn't care enough to clarify then he has to deal with it. The person who wrote his autobiography doesn't seem like the same guy.

big, rich famous and now dead stars have been accused, or even sued...fans stayed faithfull behind Micheal Jackson. For me it's about Morrissey, he is his own person with own opinions, I'm not happy that He said this, but at the end of the road Morrissey has never been acused of rape or abuse, what the person Morrissey
says or does I can't always agree, but stay faithfull for the music , lyrics and gigs He gave, and will continue

I'm fine with the comments. He actually verbalised my own thoughts on Spacey and the uptight sexual hysteria that is gripping Britain at the moment. I don't agree with everything he says on immigration - but I respect his right to say it.

I'm not going to try and defend his stupid comments. It's his thing to always be the contrarian but unless he was misquoted his comments are just plain ludicrous. I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt that there was more to it than what he was quoted. But if he doesn't care enough to clarify then he has to deal with it. The person who wrote his autobiography doesn't seem like the same guy.
Yes his comment re Spacey was f***ing stupid which then unlocked a torrent of even more stupid comments from the professionally outraged. Any subject as contentious as this one in an interview we only get to read and don't see or hear in context is not a good idea. I wouldn't bother waiting for a clarification. When has that ever been his M.O. to say what you want him to say clearly and precisely leaving no grey area for us to get lost in? I picture him lighting the fuse and then walking away waiting for the explosion. Sometimes you just want to slap him.

I wish this whole thing would go away. I don't think it's right that I should be feeling threatened and somehow dirty for doing nothing more than being a pop fan. I'm disappointed with Morrissey, Kevin Spacey, Morrissey-Solo. Every f**ker is being dragged in. Yes, I am feeling sorry for myself because it's getting nasty.

If I remember well, is not a long time, when Morrissey was unhappay about a security man at the airport, for touch his balls before boarding....
So Morrissey have double standards.... No?

He said in the same interview that he abhors any kind of sexual assault, but all the god damn articles are omitting that part.

If I remember well, is not a long time, when Morrissey was unhappay about a security man at the airport, for touch his balls before boarding....
So Morrissey have double standards.... No?
He fingered him in the rear cleavage and jingled his coin purse.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom