Morrissey's "Diary" in Private Eye Magazine (UK 30th October 2013)

Private Eye used to be the pinnacle of investigative journalism but now it deals with minor political and media hypocrisy.
However, it's worth buying for gems like this. It's the most accurate and amusing piece I've read in Private Eye for years.
I'm certain Morrissey will love it although the faux-lyrics are a huge improvement on anything that Morrissey has written recently.

Private Eye used to be the pinnacle of investigative journalism but now it deals with minor political and media hypocrisy.
However, it's worth buying for gems like this. It's the most accurate and amusing piece I've read in Private Eye for years.
I'm certain Morrissey will love it although the faux-lyrics are a huge improvement on anything that Morrissey has written recently.

Excellent writing. So much skill and verve. So unlike Morrissey's flatulent prose. It would be fun to get MORI to poll shoppers in High Streets to see if they can till which is real and which is surreal piss-take. Private Eye 9, Morrissey 0.

Very amusing. Did you know that a newspaper vendor in London was asked by the rozzers to remove all copies of Private Eye from sale in case it prejudiced the trial of the century? (And I don't mean the greatest miscarriage of justice since the Birmingham bombings ie Steven's High Court trial.)

I suspect Mozzer will insinuate however that it was due to this condensed version of the Book of Steven. The vendor refused to remove them anyway.

For those not familiar with the magazine, in each fortnightly edition they publish a spoof diary, normally written by satirist Craig Brown. It's a badge of honour being featured.

private_eye_diary.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The judge told jurors of the NOTW hacking case at the Old Bailey, to ignore the front cover of Private Eye as it had no relevance to the trial. I myself could not.

British justice is on trial here.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2ymtylh.jpg

For those not familiar with the magazine, in each fortnightly edition they publish a spoof diary, normally written by satirist Craig Brown. It's a badge of honour being featured.

P.

:lbf:

We'll take your word for it, P.

Very amusing. Did you know that a newspaper vendor in London was asked by the rozzers to remove all copies of Private Eye from sale in case it prejudiced the trial of the century? (And I don't mean the greatest miscarriage of justice since the Birmingham bombings ie Steven's High Court trial.)

I suspect Mozzer will insinuate however that it was due to this condensed version of the Book of Steven. The vendor refused to remove them anyway.

Thankfully the proprietor had the strength of character to tell the plod to do one. Outrageous interference in a free press.

Morrissey has become a figure of fun. He's always had his critics, and always had people taking the piss, but I don't remember it being this bad before.

Amazing Private Eye. Serious genius pisstake of a sorry, delusional, big-headed multi-millionaire.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom