Morrissey's December Speech 2017 - SER / YouTube

41828_stateoftheunion_20171218.png

41827_stateoftheunion_20171218_2.png

(posted on SER's YT channel).

This is definitely a never seen before, direct to camera discussion from Moz.
Chart position, Der Spiegel, questioned by the American Secret Service as a result - possibly no free access to the US!?
"Whatever will be in 2018 will be..."
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The Smiths as in Morrissey/Marr/Rourke/Joyce will never reform because Moz values blind loyalty over money.

2. If however the Smiths did reform, they'd be atrocious. They were a band of their time. They'd now be old men playing songs of a band of another time. Their own tribute act, as it were, unable to capture the ferocity of the original concept as that fire simply doesn't burn anymore. It was quenched by money for the two primary architects of the sound, years ago.

3. Moz believe that his current work/band is the greatest of his career. Why would he dump yes men who serve him and wear whatever he wants them to for 3 guys he believes have 'stabbed him in the back so many, many times.'

4. The hate for Moz on a site dedicated to him is for me down to one reason. The audience has changed AND he has changed. We the audience remember 'everyman Moz'. He is no longer him and we are no longer them. Millionaire Moz and Malibu Steve are not to our tastes. Moz was a millionaire before Vauxhall came out but we didn't have the internet to use as a public platform for our feelings that we've been let down at that time. We still bought the public image as witnessed and captured on the introducing Morrissey video. I was at Blackpool, my friend at Sheffield, neither of us have witnessed that before or since.

5. As a consequence Moz no longer speaks our lives and so his 'outspokenness' is less forgiven and overlooked by us.

6. Like anything and anyone, Moz is neither entirely right or entirely wrong with what he says. For example, do you go into a hotel room of an old fat pervy film producer expecting him to play dominos with you when you get there? If there is to be a meeting about a budding young career, why must that take place in a hotel room?

There can only be condemnation for abuse of any kind but there's no arguing that the victim places themselves in danger by being there.

The level of naivety required to think that a pervy actior/film producer/politician has no ulterior motive by inviting a young person into their room shows that they are not ready for the human race, nevermind a showbiz career.

By the laws of probability alone, some eventual victim WILL have gone into a hotel room originally looking to do what's required to progress their career and ended up not liking what they're asked to do. WHY can't that be acknowledged? Does it excuse the abuser? Obviously not.

But why be attacked for pointing out that not every scenario is a innocent lamb to the slaughter scenario in cases of sexual harassment?

I dunno.

If you are suggesting that Morrissey 'fans' are safe from ISIS because ISIS have refined musical taste and wouldn't attack 'profound' musical acts like Morrissey then you prove everything I have ever said here, namely that Morrissey is a delusional Cult Leader who attracts delusional 'fans'. Or you're just trying to troll us. It's always hard to tell, either with Morrissey or his cult casualties.

Grande and Minaj are both deeply significant cultural engineers. The fact that they are 'young, gifted and black' and female naturally repulses large sections of Morrissey's racist, misogynist pale, stale and male 'fan'-base

Neither are any more culturally significant than any other here today gone tomorrow pop starlet. I despise their music, not their skin colour.

There has always been truly great throwaway pop music, but I’ve heard little evidence from either Grande or Minaj. In fact, on the rare occasions I’ve heard either, joining ISIS has seemed an inviting option.

Personally, I blame Bowie. Ever since 1oth January last year, the world's gone steadily batshit crazy. Including, it seems Moz's career and reputation.

Meanwhile, from the Cosmic Heaven, David sends his love , especially at this time of year.......

Have a wonderful Christmas, gare bear! x

And you too of course 12inch, really hope you’re doing fine and enjoy as much of it as it can give to you!
I know you will cause you showed you can. It is important as the counter side of all that is miserable in life. :thumb:

Brummie can say what he wants but Mozza is THE authentic artist of the last 50 years. All great authentic artists have chalenging
views.

His recent songs are some of the best of the last few years in pop. Maybe the next album will have a number one song.

VIVA MOZZA

Personally, I blame Bowie. Ever since 1oth January last year, the world's gone steadily batshit crazy. Including, it seems Moz's career and reputation.

Meanwhile, from the Cosmic Heaven, David sends his love , especially at this time of year.......

Golden. Somehow I have never seen the clunking dialogue intro before now, a rare treat. I do love the way Bowie keeps looking at Bing but Bing just absolutely refuses to engage. Some tricky 'star hierarchy' thing going on, no doubt.

Golden. Somehow I have never seen the clunking dialogue intro before now, a rare treat. I do love the way Bowie keeps looking at Bing but Bing just absolutely refuses to engage. Some tricky 'star hierarchy' thing going on, no doubt.

It's certainly one of the oddest musical pairings ever. Yet, strangely, it works somehow. Two icons from different generations and musically as far apart as it gets. According to the Crosby family, the two men only met on the day of shooting and were very respectful of one another, even though Bing was, shall we say, rather unfamiliar with Bowie's ouvre (surprise, surprise!). It was done live, in one take only. Quite bizarre but lovely.

That isn’t as popular a Christmas tune here in the UK as it is in the US apparently. It is gorgeous. Maybe not quite as festive as Grande or Minaj telling eight year old girls to shake their arses for their man perhaps, but I’m very old fashioned.

I was reading that the original idea was to have them both sing Little Drummer Boy but Bowie didn’t fancy it so elves were dispatched to speedily write Peace On Earth as a counterpoint. Well done, elves!

That isn’t as popular a Christmas tune here in the UK as it is in the US apparently. It is gorgeous. Maybe not quite as festive as Grande or Minaj telling eight year old girls to shake their arses for their man perhaps, but I’m very old fashioned.

I was reading that the original idea was to have them both sing Little Drummer Boy but Bowie didn’t fancy it so elves were dispatched to speedily write Peace On Earth as a counterpoint. Well done, elves!
Gorgeous, yes. I've never actually thought about the fact the Peace on Earth bit was 'new' - it blends so seamlessly you would swear they were meant to go together. Clever little elves indeed!

Funny little back story on the Bowie/Crosby duet (which I love as well):

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-bowie-bing-crosby-little-drummer-boy/

In a 2014 interview published in Billboard, Crosby's daughter, Mary, recalled a flashy Bowie entering the set. "The doors opened and David walked in with his wife," she recalled. "They were both wearing full-length mink coats, they have matching full makeup and their hair was bright red. We were thinking, "Oh my god.'" Nathaniel Crosby, Bing's son, added, "It almost didn't happen. I think the producers told him to take the lipstick off and take the earring out. It was just incredible to see the contrast."

'Tis a brilliant duet.

I knoowwwwwwwwwww!!!! *wail*

oh Morrissey, my love, I may not be able to make it, after all..... and i had such a lovely vision of us doing crosswords and everything. but, you see.... somethings come up. you'll find someone else, wont you?

Maybe you can do the crosswords with Moz (I recommend the Times) and give belly rubs to the lab simultaneously?

You got two hands and Moz would give belly rubs to the lab too, I reckon?
Cause there is no deadline in resolving the crosswords if you don’t want or need to accommodate to it.

I mean you could just keep. save and collect them for future passings of time with Moz and the lab.
;)

steve_barnett_sam_smith.jpg
This release must have had good reviews Steve. Who’s that geezer with the glasses ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Question... The only reason for poor album sales.?
Answer … Poor Album...

No! No! No!
Steve 4kd up big time in Rome by driving up a one way street at high speed to start with then we caught the so called vegan like a rabbit in the headlights wearing wool and cashmere. Going back to #romegate he and his nephew then connived and try to stitch up the policeman on social media (you see this is the age we live in) for going about his duties protecting the public from suicide nutters. Anyway the result was a public backlash at such terrible disgusting attempts/stunts to gain attention from the press in order to promote LIHS and the campaign to keep it out of the charts was well received and backed. Even though it’s the best album he’s ever made both lyrically and musically it was decided the only decent thing to do was get everyone onboard from M15, Simon Cowell, William and Kate, Beckham’s, Kim Jon Un even Putin was happy to help, you name em, we got em on board, even Der Spiegel wanted a piece.
The rest is history me and B B just sat back and watched it all go up in flames.
We’ll back in February business as usual on the Black curtain arena tour
TTFN

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

1. The Smiths as in Morrissey/Marr/Rourke/Joyce will never reform because Moz values blind loyalty over money.

2. If however the Smiths did reform, they'd be atrocious. They were a band of their time. They'd now be old men playing songs of a band of another time. Their own tribute act, as it were, unable to capture the ferocity of the original concept as that fire simply doesn't burn anymore. It was quenched by money for the two primary architects of the sound, years ago.

3. Moz believe that his current work/band is the greatest of his career. Why would he dump yes men who serve him and wear whatever he wants them to for 3 guys he believes have 'stabbed him in the back so many, many times.'

4. The hate for Moz on a site dedicated to him is for me down to one reason. The audience has changed AND he has changed. We the audience remember 'everyman Moz'. He is no longer him and we are no longer them. Millionaire Moz and Malibu Steve are not to our tastes. Moz was a millionaire before Vauxhall came out but we didn't have the internet to use as a public platform for our feelings that we've been let down at that time. We still bought the public image as witnessed and captured on the introducing Morrissey video. I was at Blackpool, my friend at Sheffield, neither of us have witnessed that before or since.

5. As a consequence Moz no longer speaks our lives and so his 'outspokenness' is less forgiven and overlooked by us.

6. Like anything and anyone, Moz is neither entirely right or entirely wrong with what he says. For example, do you go into a hotel room of an old fat pervy film producer expecting him to play dominos with you when you get there? If there is to be a meeting about a budding young career, why must that take place in a hotel room?

There can only be condemnation for abuse of any kind but there's no arguing that the victim places themselves in danger by being there.

The level of naivety required to think that a pervy actior/film producer/politician has no ulterior motive by inviting a young person into their room shows that they are not ready for the human race, nevermind a showbiz career.

By the laws of probability alone, some eventual victim WILL have gone into a hotel room originally looking to do what's required to progress their career and ended up not liking what they're asked to do. WHY can't that be acknowledged? Does it excuse the abuser? Obviously not.

But why be attacked for pointing out that not every scenario is a innocent lamb to the slaughter scenario in cases of sexual harassment?

I dunno.

I know this has been done to death but one more...

Thinking back to when I was fourteen I was ridiculously naive - to the point where I wouldn't expect anyone to have an ulterior motive anywhere ever. Not all fourteen year olds are streetwise and all fourteen year olds do things that with hindsight they wouldn't. That's because as kids we learn by our mistakes. It seems silly to assume a fourteen year old would expect themselves to get nonced if they went to a movie star's appartment. Nobody seems to consider the excitement that person might have felt with the fame and all nor that that fourteen year old had any inkling about sex. Not everyone loses their virginity at 13.

Funny how everybody seems to have forgotten/forgiven Bowie's flirtation with fascism in the early 1970's. In an interview for Playboy in 1974 he betrayed an admiration for Hitler, describing the Führer as “one of the first rock stars:” “Look at some of the films and see how he moved. I think he was quite as good as Jagger…[Hitler] used politics and theatrics and created this thing that governed and controlled the show for those twelve years. The world will never see his like again. He staged a country.” In April 1976, Bowie was detained by customs officials on the Russian/Polish border after they discovered a cache of Nazi memorabilia in his luggage. In the same month, after a concert in the Swedish capital, Stockholm, Bowie was more forthright than ever in his candid expression of fascist sympathies: “I believe Britain could benefit from a Fascist leader. After all, Fascism is really nationalism.”

Meanwhile Moz says something much more tame in comparison and gets crucified.

A better question is why Morrissey is so obessed with me. Why he simply cannot accept that once you step onstage and make claims with regard to Artistic Authenticity you may attract an Audience which includes the 'real deal' as regards such a concept. And that that person may decide you are a charlatan, a crank and a fraud and then put you on trial as a singing troll-clown using a rather amusing 'hateful online creche' as the courtroom of choice.

BB works 18 hours a day, 6 days a week. His time here is light relief from other more serious endeavours. If you really have to defend your psychic investment in Morrissey by dismissing all critics as disturbed or dysfunctional, carry on doing so until that is no longer tenable. Most of his 'fans' now accept that BB is not and never has been 'trolling' Morrissey but merely pointing out that Morrissey has been trolling both his 'fans' and his Audience since the get-go. There is scorn and ridicule but there is no 'hatred' as BB is a devout Catholic. Some say he's a priest in real life but nobody knows or can ever know. A bit like Banksy and Natoshi Sakamoto...BB is the first Quantum Star to appear in popular music...or will be ....but enough of trying to explain 'musical physics' to a dunce.

You may think that the question you posed is a better one, but we'll have to agree to disagree. I think that your question is an irrelevance, given that it's based on a delusion.

I didn't, and don't, dismiss "all critics as disturbed or dysfunctional", I questioned why you dedicate so much of your time immersed in reading and writing about the activities of a man you actively dislike - I will retract the term hate, as a fellow Catholic - and his fans.

Your reply, whilst not quite an answer to my question in itself, does strongly suggest that your motivation is driven by a needy ego, what with the self-aggrandising comparisons, self-congratulatory reverence of your long working hours and your serious endeavours, third-person self-referencing and a throwaway condescending insult to close.

To the people who keep defending Morrissey as being innocent and misunderstood, let’s not forget his own bassist clocked him over something he said.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom