Morrissey's Confessions: Interview with Rolling Stone México

Las confesiones de Morrissey - Rolling Stone México

Pronto estará en nuestro país. Mientras tanto, nos habló sobre sus héroes, del éxito que ha tenido a lo largo de su carrera, las reglas de su vida y otros temas.

Google Translate to English posted in comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:
i guarantee that at least one person on the guestlist has just ordered an expensive copy of otterbury to hand to morrissey onstage.

Hi comments on money are laughable. Firstly, money doesn't interest him? Utter bollocks. And making money is easy, relatively? I know plenty of people struggling to make a penny. Another e-mail 'interview' going to show the isolation of Morrissey to everyday folks.
My god it just goes so far over your head you can barely make it out.

god help google translate. :straightface:

album finished.:) new songs... maybe he'll do one or two at the next shows. fingers crossed.

Until now all he said it was "written".
So I guessed it needed recording, but no label would do it.
Now he says, it is "finished".
So it only needs to be released? :confused:
Or did he mean the same, meaning "finished is written"?
Hard to believe it has been recorded as nothing, not a tiny slip of news about that has been leaked.

I think it is almost impossible to keep it secret as so many people are involved.
But we will see, maybe some of it will leak in the nearby future.
Just like Trump and his Russian deal. :D
Mind you, if even the CIA and the FSB can't keep a secret, how can camp Moz? :p

Hard to believe it has been recorded as nothing, not a tiny slip of news about that has been leaked.

I think it is almost impossible to keep it secret as so many people are involved.

I agree and think it probably means written or perhaps home demoed with a band member. If he'd already rented a studio or a producer/engineer I think we'd have heard about it. Personally I hope he's able to get joe from world peace back on board

I speak softly and never scream.
His voice is the finest on the planet. The way he speaks could end all the misery in the world.:love:

No diet, no coffee ever?! Oh Morrissey, you!

Smart man for not stepping on the silly treadmill. I admire people who keep fit by not paying for it. There really is no need for gyms if you employ your brain.

A nice short little interview. The man seems rather chilled. There is certainly a sea change towards how he now sees The Smiths compared to only a short time ago.

Hi comments on money are laughable. Firstly, money doesn't interest him? Utter bollocks. And making money is easy, relatively? I know plenty of people struggling to make a penny. Another e-mail 'interview' going to show the isolation of Morrissey to everyday folks.
I'd say that you are right. He always seemed tight fisted when it came to money. I can't blame him for trying to keep a grip on it but a lot of people who worked with him said getting paid was like getting blood from a stone. The numerous shit compilations and shit dvds and very short concerts could be just another way of saying "Give us your money". I could be wrong....I could be right. May the road rise with you.

For crying out loud, that bod and no working out? Impossible. Love the photo in article, he does love showing off his chest, doesn't he?

I agree and think it probably means written or perhaps home demoed with a band member. If he'd already rented a studio or a producer/engineer I think we'd have heard about it. Personally I hope he's able to get joe from world peace back on board

I agree.
World peace was very well produced.
Better then YOR and ROTT.
Not that they were bad but Worldpeace was better.

His money is all paid to his mum who distributes it equally around the family. Fact.
I think he definitely cares about money in two respects: when there's a dispute (obviously), and in order to maintain his lifestyle of being able to eff off wherever and whenever he likes.

But I've never seen Morrissey as cash-driven, have you? A Smiths reformation would've set him up for life and enabled him to indulge in all his adolescent rubber ring dreams. Chart positions and a record label team beavering away on the new Morrissey disc are far, far more appealing to him that dineros.

His money is all paid to his mum who distributes it equally around the family. Fact.

This arrangement can't go on forever, he'll be free to come out in the future it's just a waiting game on "Our Betty"

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

It seemed like the diet question was connected to health and his choice of being vegan seems to be an ethical choice. He might not eat a healthy diet though being vegan he default might make it more so than anothers. He could have a sweet tooth for instance. At least that's what I took from it. As for money sure he's been fairly well off for a long time but like leer said he could have cashed in a long while ago when everyone else in the band wanted to. He might not be able to relate to being a struggling everyman but he's also not exactly the money grubbing flaunting pop star either. I imagine the most valuable thing his money buys him is his privacy. He does obviously care about money disputes but it seems equally obvious that it about pride and winning what he thinks is justice. Would have been a lot cheaper to not have paid all those lawyers through seemingly endless appeals with Joyce. Even if he'd had won it would have almost cost him the cash part of the settlement in fees alone

He doesn't care about money yet ticket prices are £70 plus in Manchester last time for 80 minutes on stage. I would say he cares very much about money.

'Or did he mean the same, meaning "finished is written"?
Hard to believe it has been recorded as nothing, not a tiny slip of news about that has been leaked.'

probably right. I was just trying to post a positive comment after trying to read such an awful article.(and google translate does not help) Most interviewers are just phoning it in or trying to be more important than the person they're interviewing. And since these are done by email you would think they would do their f***ing homework.
When the questions are good or interesting then the answers are good, or at least you can tell that M is enjoying himself answering them, which is rare. He probably said yes to doing this interview because it was Rolling Stone. Otherwise I can't see why he bothered.

And to those who think he spends all day thinking up witty answers to these questions, give me break. If the interviewer is good then he
can be just as witty and quick in email interviews as he is in person.

L O L ! :laughing: All you need is me Ketchup Arse !
Get back in the mushroom cupboard at once and try to be original in future ! You are guilty as 4ck posting in my shadow using the ending "Next!" And now the laughing moji's:rofl:

Is that the best you can do ?

F U !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

NEXT !

He doesn't care about money yet ticket prices are £70 plus in Manchester last time for 80 minutes on stage. I would say he cares very much about money.

Laughing out very loud sat on the throne doing a number two :laughing:
Thanks for keeping it real.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

His comments on money are laughable. Firstly, money doesn't interest him? Utter bollocks. And making money is easy, relatively? I know plenty of people struggling to make a penny. Another e-mail 'interview' going to show the isolation of Morrissey to everyday folks.

'What would you have liked to hear about the music industry in the beginning?
Making money is easy, relatively. But in fact, having it in your hands and disposing of it is incredibly difficult.'

this does need a better translation. But I don't read it as him saying that making money is easy for people in this world.

His comments on money are laughable. Firstly, money doesn't interest him? Utter bollocks. And making money is easy, relatively? I know plenty of people struggling to make a penny. Another e-mail 'interview' going to show the isolation of Morrissey to everyday folks.

'Another e-mail 'interview' going to show the isolation of Morrissey to everyday folks.'

Even if he wasn't in the position he is in now I can never see him as one of the 'everyday folks'.

Thank god ! M is not one of the 'everyday folks'.

Having said that, just who are these 'everyday folks' that are not emailing to the outside world from their little castles of isolation?

But then again, you're not to blame.
You're just a human, a victim of the insane.

We're afraid of everyone,
Afraid of the sun.

we got to live together...

in isolation.

Last edited:
1311359616.jpg

:rock:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom